Elder vs X part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think most coaches and fans would say it was a very average to below average season for the panthers. About what most expected if they are honest with their selves though.

It wasn't an overly talented panthers squad. Ramsey is the only D1 guy in the sr class. Hambleton, Kirch, Spinney could play at a lower level if they want to extend their careers? The junior class isn't overly loaded with high level talent either so going 2-1 in the gcl was nice. It was an extremely difficult schedule for any season.

Questions for next year?

Who starts at qb? Hambleton has been very solid for the past two yrs and next yr will probably take a step back in that position.
Schoester, Rueter, Brass or Schacklighter will all get opportunties I would guess.

The oline needs to improve. Evan James, Bass, and Onorato all got snaps this yr and will be back.

I would move Flowers to safety full time and him and Gutekunst should be really solid and help out the corners. As some have said Kammerer and Bartley Thomas were very solid and probably will take a step back next yr at this position . I have no clue who the corners will be?

The Dline/lbs will have a couple of contributers back and should be solid there. Need to get faster if possible. Way too many long plays scored against us this season.

Thoughts?
I would also say just getting to .500 was an achievement with the limited talent, injuries and brutal schedule. So yes, in terms of the macro POV it was below avg by Elder standards but on an individual team basis, they came close to maximizing every bit of ability

Schoster should be QB. Reuter could be very valuable at CB, maybe Summers could get a look as well. I think Meier should be the every down back but maybe try Arnold as a change of pace.

The schedule isn’t going to be any easier next year. I’m guessing Cov Cath was a one time deal, and obviously the VA team was as well. Football North might no longer give any Harbins, but they’re a good Week 9 opponent. They’re not nearly as awful as Beacon Hill but also Elder can usually handle them enough to give the backups PT.

Last edited:
So then what are you doing here?
Life long west sider. Love the “west sider” thread. Lots of friends from Elder. Tons of respect for Elder and all of their fans except one. I never troll a discussion in this area until I see your low-class, ignorant, disrespectful, arrogant statements about other schools. Not going anywhere.

Life long west sider. Love the “west sider” thread. Lots of friends from Elder. Tons of respect for Elder and all of their fans except one. I never troll a discussion in this area until I see your low-class, ignorant, disrespectful, arrogant statements about other schools. Not going anywhere.
You clearly don’t have respect for Elder when you say s**t like that. And how was I being disrespectful to OH? It’s a legitimate reason why good football players wouldn’t want to go there. At least Elder has had some recent success to get them interested.

I would also say just getting to .500 was an achievement with the limited talent, injuries and brutal schedule. So yes, in terms of the macro POV it was below avg by Elder standards but on an individual team basis, they came close to maximizing every bit of ability

Schoster should be QB. Reuter could be very valuable at CB, maybe Summers could get a look as well. I think Meier should be the every down back but maybe try Arnold as a change of pace.

The schedule isn’t going to be any easier next year. I’m guessing Cov Cath was a one time deal, and obviously the VA team was as well. Football North might no longer give any Harbins, but they’re a good Week 9 opponent. They’re not nearly as awful as Beacon Hill but also Elder can usually handle them enough to give the backups PT.
You don’t know who should play where or do what …. You don’t have the coaching capability to understand what they know ! You clearly can’t evaluate talent either ! Again go away ! Your opinion only matters to you! Clown

Again, this isn’t state sponsored news, if you can’t handle people talking about the negatives, don’t get on here. Elder loses 42-7 and you expect us to get on here and say how awesome they played? You’re an idiot.

If you want a thorough breakdown that involves pointing out individual players and I’m not going to do that. I’m also not sure what unique POV anyone would have.
You can’t breakdown anything… you don’t know ! I’m far from an idiot… I’m a realist and you don’t know Jack about football or any other sport ! Go away

You clearly don’t have respect for Elder when you say s**t like that. And how was I being disrespectful to OH? It’s a legitimate reason why good football players wouldn’t want to go there. At least Elder has had some recent success to get them interested.
You don’t have any respect for anyone … politics are everywhere and most kids that grow up through the Catholic system get the nod before a kid that as you put it transfers in … most people can’t handle the Elder way… so they come on here and bash the coaches and players … you have not coached at any level , thank goodness for that too! Go away

You don’t know who should play where or do what …. You don’t have the coaching capability to understand what they know ! You clearly can’t evaluate talent either ! Again go away ! Your opinion only matters to you! Clown
A hole, I never pretended like my opinion mattered to anyone but me.

Last edited:
You don’t have any respect for anyone … politics are everywhere and most kids that grow up through the Catholic system get the nod before a kid that as you put it transfers in … most people can’t handle the Elder way… so they come on here and bash the coaches and players … you have not coached at any level , thank goodness for that too! Go away
What’s the “Elder way?” And kids should not be getting preference based on where they went to grade school. That’s f’ n stupid and I don’t believe that is going on. Ironic, bc the wrestling program has benefited the most from non feeder kids, which makes me think you’re full of s**t.

And I’m not bashing anyone, you’re just a f’n idiot who thinks saying the “Defense played bad” is “bashing.”

Last edited:
I can’t let this go, what you’re saying is downright sickening. You’re advocating preferential treatment for Feeder kids despite whether or not they’re actually better than a non feeder kid. That’s f’d up and an awful way to run any team. If you’re involved in coaching, you need to resign. That’s garbage. I can’t believe you would be so ungodly stupid as to say something like this. It makes Trey look half way intelligent.

You’re right to a degree. I don’t respect you or anyone else who thinks that way. You’re selfish a holes, who don’t value the success of the team, you only value the success of your kids and your kids’ friends. What makes you even think you’re worthy of respect with that kind of attitude. F you, you’re a POS.

The last Elder wrestler to win a state title wasn’t from a Feeder, but I guess it’s ok for the wrestling team to benefit from non feeders and nobody else bc Belch says so.

And to be crystal clear, I don’t think that’s what’s going on at Elder. They’ve had a few transfers come in and start for multiple seasons in football. My problem is with anyone who thinks that line of thinking is ok. Bc if you think that way, you don’t care about anyone but yourself.

And to be crystal clear, I don’t think that’s what’s going on at Elder. They’ve had a few transfers come in and start for multiple seasons in football. My problem is with anyone who thinks that line of thinking is ok. Bc if you think that way, you don’t care about anyone but yourself.
No one cares bout you and your garbage opinion bc you can’t coach.

Let’s be clear … Crystal clear … elder plays who’s better , that’s the Elder way ! They play to win , they play to develop young men !

I’m tired of seeing your shenanigans and you have no clue … let that be crystal !
I think I have plenty good of an idea. I was at the game, were you? And for the umpteenth time, saying the “Defense played poorly” is not the same as saying “player x sucks, he has no business seeing the field.” Despite all the crap over the last 15 yrs that’s gotten me in trouble on here, I’ve never ever singled out a player in a negative way.

I think I have plenty good of an idea. I was at the game, were you? And for the umpteenth time, saying the “Defense played poorly” is not the same as saying “player x sucks, he has no business seeing the field.” Despite all the crap over the last 15 yrs that’s gotten me in trouble on here, I’ve never ever singled out a player in a negative way.
15 years of your shenanigans… retire …move on … go to nfl forum …

15 years of your shenanigans… retire …move on … go to nfl forum …
No, bc I care way, way, way more about Elder and I always will. And that’s something I’ve tried to convey, I don’t have kids, I don’t have any personal investment in who plays and who doesn’t. My only concern is Elder being in the best position to be successful as a program. I understand, people me have differing opinions on how that gets done, but it should be abundantly clear, I have no hidden agenda. All my cards are out on the table.

No, bc I care way, way, way more about Elder and I always will. And that’s something I’ve tried to convey, I don’t have kids, I don’t have any personal investment in who plays and who doesn’t. My only concern is Elder being in the best position to be successful as a program. I understand, people me have differing opinions on how that gets done, but it should be abundantly clear, I have no hidden agenda. All my cards are out on the table.
You offer no credible solutions! Carry on

You offer no credible solutions! Carry on
I have solutions, I think they need to expand their talent pool. That’s why I talked about getting some of the kids from the OH system. That’s why I’ve also talked about continuing to host those City Youth Football Championships. The feeder system will always be the framework for the program, but they need more talent than what the current feeder system provides. It’s not like how things were 20 yrs ago, and that’s ok. Instead of lamenting on how things were, you adapt and carve out a new path towards being successful.

Too many people are sad about all of the teams & schools combining, it’s time to get over it. Living in the past only ensures you become irrelevant. I don’t want to see that happen, and I can say that bc I don’t care who plays. All these other people with kids say they care about Elder winning, but imo, a lot of them care about their kid first. That’s ok, but I don’t have those blinders.

This thread has taken a U-turn from the recap/talk of the “Elder vs. X Part 2” it seems.

Was unable to make a game this year, but followed along all season. St. X to me, is the favorite to represent Region 4. However, they have proven they can be beaten. Regardless of the score, it is hard to find a better rivalry than a GCL showdown, on top of that a playoff matchup.

They’ve had their d**k knocked in the dirt 3x in a row vs X. 3x in a row, X has made them their b**ch. If that isn’t enough to motivate the underclassmen to get into the fitness center, then there’s an issue with the program’s culture
There is absolutely no excuse for talking this way about high school athletes that represent the high school you claim to love. Does it make you feel like a tough guy to address high school kids in this manner? You are nothing but a loud mouth punk who has never accomplished anything in his life but continue to hold high school athletes and coaching staffs to higher athletic standards than you have ever achieved yourself. Give it a rest. I’m really not sure why this kind of crap is not immediately deleted from a high school board like this.

There is absolutely no excuse for talking this way about high school athletes that represent the high school you claim to love. Does it make you feel like a tough guy to address high school kids in this manner? You are nothing but a loud mouth punk who has never accomplished anything in his life but continue to hold high school athletes and coaching staffs to higher athletic standards than you have ever achieved yourself. Give it a rest. I’m really not sure why this kind of crap is not immediately deleted from a high school board like this.
I got news for you, coaches (not just at Elder) say a lot worse. I’m talking about using this as motivation going into next year. It’s not a way to demean the players. I know they’re better athletes than I ever was.

My point was, they should be chomping at the bit to get in the weight room to get ready for next year. If getting humiliated 3 games in a row by your biggest rival, doesn’t get you fired up, then there’s a culture issue bc there’s no pride in the Program.

Also, I’ve accomplished a lot. Graduating Summa Cum Laude, earning a CFA, those are respectable achievements.

Last edited:
No, but there’s no point in this forum even existing if you can’t have honest discussions. Honest discussions involve both the good & bad. And when Elder loses 42-7, there’s going to be more bad than good.
There should be no room on this forum for the disgusting references you have used about high school players. I’d say you should be banned but you would only come back with another name. At least this way the village has already been identified and we can treat you with the same respect you show others on here.

There should be no room on this forum for the disgusting references you have used about high school players. I’d say you should be banned but you would only come back with another name. At least this way the village has already been identified and we can treat you with the same respect you show others on here.
Spare me the righteous indignation. There’s infinitely worse things said on the sidelines, and you know that.

The bottom line is, if getting beat down by X 3x in a row doesn’t have the underclassmen motivated to get in the weight room, there’s something very wrong.

Also, I’ve accomplished a lot. Graduating Summa Cum Laude, earning a CFA, those are respectable achievements.
Good for you! I would think someone with such impressive credentials would have so many more important things to do than berating high school athletes all day long.

Good for you! I would think someone with such impressive credentials would have so many more important things to do than berating high school athletes all day long.
“Berate”? You’re blowing that way out of proportion. I used that kinda language to illustrate how the underclassmen on this team should feel. They should have this burning desire to get in and do the work after being totally embarrassed the last 3 games. If they don’t feel that way, there’s something very wrong. You don’t know what’s really going on in Cincinnati HS football.

I think I’ve been very fair in my criticism and praise. You act like I’m only tearing them down, and it’s not true.

Also, I actually care about Elder being successful, from my POV, you couldn’t care less. That’s you’re right, but don’t act like we all have to feel the same way.

You think it’s still 2001, where you can just throw out all those kids from the westside Catholic schools and compete. That’s not happening anymore, those days are over and they’ve been over for close to a decade.

Last edited:
“Berate”? You’re blowing that way out of proportion. I used that kinda language to illustrate how the underclassmen on this team should feel. They should have this burning desire to get in and do the work after being totally embarrassed the last 3 games. If they don’t feel that way, there’s something very wrong. You don’t know what’s really going on in Cincinnati HS football.

I think I’ve been very fair in my criticism and praise. You act like I’m only tearing them down, and it’s not true.

Also, I actually care about Elder being successful, from my POV, you couldn’t care less. That’s you’re right, but don’t act like we all have to feel the same way.

You think it’s still 2001, where you can just throw out all those kids from the westside Catholic schools and compete. That’s not happening anymore, those days are over and they’ve been over for close to a decade.
You aren’t a coach …. They (coaches ) have earned the right to berate or chew out or what ever . You have not … good for you on your personal achievements … with that said .. you haven’t earned the right to single out … just bc you don’t mention 1 by 1 … you are still doing that … just go elsewhere… I think I heard The Bengals head coach say they are struggling with tackling… there is your chance to help !

You aren’t a coach …. They (coaches ) have earned the right to berate or chew out or what ever . You have not … good for you on your personal achievements … with that said .. you haven’t earned the right to single out … just bc you don’t mention 1 by 1 … you are still doing that … just go elsewhere… I think I heard The Bengals head coach say they are struggling with tackling… there is your chance to help !
I’m not singling anyone out, thats we’re you’re full of crap. Again, this isn’t North Korea, we’re allowed to talk about the negatives.

Last edited:
I’m not singling anyone out, thats we’re you’re full of crap. Again, this isn’t North Korea, we’re allowed to talk about the negatives.
Yeah ok … as a group , the Defense, do kids play on the Defense? Why not go to college forum or pro .. they need you , Elder doesn’t , pffff

Status
Not open for further replies.