Elder vs Moe

pantherland

Big game this Saturday @ 4:00 in the pit. Does anyone know why this game is being played at 4;00 and not 7:00/7:30?

UC vs ND is at 2:30, youth football games during the afternoon as well. I think attendance would be a lot higher at night time. Just my two cents.

Elder 28

Moe 21

Reactions: 4GX

Not sure of the kickoff time reason. At one time I saw 7:00pm, then it was back to 4:00pm. Damn Hootie is the cause for the Saturday game day. ?
If Ramsey is as good as advertised, Moe will need all weapons firing to keep up with the points. What’s Elder’s defense look like?

It’s a shame it’s not a night game.
moeller had zero answer for Ramsey last year. He caught like 12 passes. Will have to see if they learned anything.

Elder is going to have to stop the deep ball to White & Bryant.

Offensively, they had a good game plan the 1st Half vs X. They need to get the ball out quick, get 5-7 yards on those plays in order to set up the run.

This should be a great game. I give Elder the edge at home. They will play better than the last Saturday afternoon game at The Pit.

Elder 42
Moeller 35

Last edited:
Probably 2 very evenly matched teams. Moeller has great speed from multiple skills guys which usually gives Elder fits. But Moe has not figured out Ramsey’s offense the last few years.

Special teams can’t haunt Elder again. E is starving for a win and I think they get it, but it wont be easy. I can see this game going either way.

E - 31
Moe - 28

Moe is probably not as good as Lou St X. E has to figure out a way to get this one.

Mad Dogg is correct. Moe had no answer for Ramsey last year. He had 14 catches for 144 yards. Added 14 carries for 85 rushing yards. He scored 4 of their 5 TDs. If Moe can’t stop him, they lose. Moe is averaging 9 penalties per game this year, they must also play with better discipline. I think Elder takes this one 49-42.

Moe is probably not as good as Lou St X. E has to figure out a way to get this one.

I don't know about this. As much as I dislike the transitive property, Louisville X had seemed to have more trouble with Trinity than did La Salle.

Last edited:
I don't know about this. As much as I dislike the transitive property, Louisville X had seemed to have more trouble with Trinity than did La Salle.
It’s close, but I’d probably give a sight edge to LSX.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Moe pulls this one out. Definitely a second tier team behind Cincy St X and Lakota West (as is Elder).

Don't get caught up in scoreboard comparison. There are too many factors involved when dissecting common opponent scores for predicting winners unless there is a huge difference in talent of the teams.

Trinity is going to be 0-7 after they play Cincy X. That’s wild to think about. Have to wonder if the first yr coach is already on the hot seat.

Trinity is going to be 0-7 after they play Cincy X. That’s wild to think about. Have to wonder if the first yr coach is already on the hot seat.
It's nuts. That's the risk you take when you play a schedule like they (and our GCL teams) play. You get a young or not-as-good roster and you're in trouble.

Mad Dogg is correct. Moe had no answer for Ramsey last year. He had 14 catches for 144 yards. Added 14 carries for 85 rushing yards. He scored 4 of their 5 TDs. If Moe can’t stop him, they lose. Moe is averaging 9 penalties per game this year, they must also play with better discipline. I think Elder takes this one 49-42.
There’s no way Elder puts up 49 points, absolutely zero chance.

Is the Elder O line that bad? Because Moe’s D is not exactly their strength. They’ve given up lots of yards, over 300+ per game average.
Not as dominating as recent past but still a well above average O-line. They've played some of the best defensive fronts in the region this year. There is far more pressure on this line than past few years for a variety of reasons. So it It's easy to blame line because at first glance you see the pressure in the passing game and it's automatically gonna be "O-line is killing us".

Not as dominating as recent past but still a well above average O-line. They've played some of the best defensive fronts in the region this year. There is far more pressure on this line than past few years for a variety of reasons. So it It's easy to blame line because at first glance you see the pressure in the passing game and it's automatically gonna be "O-line is killing us".
If they were above avg they would’ve at least been able to protect Hambleton a little in those games. Instead, he’s been getting killed all. They’re not only undersized, they constantly miss assignments that lead to wide open shots on Hambleton. I don’t like being this blunt, but you’re either not paying attention or you’re lying.

The OL isn’t the only issue with this team but it’s the biggest. How many times has the Defense had to face off against an Offense starting in Elder territory bc they went 3 & out on a drive? It all rolls down hill. It sucks, I wish it wasn’t that way, but what can you do? There’s no waiver wire or trade mkt. This was the hand they were dealt.

Last edited:
If they were above avg they would’ve at least been able to protect Hambleton a little in those games. Instead, he’s been getting killed all. They’re not only undersized, they constantly miss assignments that lead to wide open shots on Hambleton. I don’t like being this blunt, but you’re either not paying attention or you’re lying.

The OL isn’t the only issue with this team but it’s far and away the biggest. How many times has the Defense had to face off against an Offense starting in Elder territory bc they went 3 & out on a drive? It all rolls down hill. It sucks, I wish it wasn’t that way, but what can you do? There’s no waiver wire or trade mkt. This was the hand they were dealt.
If only there were a trade market for "fans"...

If only there were a trade market for "fans"...
I’m trying to be as respectful as I can be. I know everyone involved is doing their best, but this is just the reality. Things will be much better next year, but this yr is going to continue to be a major struggle. Height, weight, strength are all critically important in the trenches. You can only mask so much with technique. De LaSalle can get away with having small OL bc they run that Veer Offense. When you’re a spread offense like Elder, you need your OL to have size.

I’m trying to be as respectful as I can be. I know everyone involved is doing their best, but this is just the reality. Things will be much better next year, but this yr is going to continue to be a major struggle. Height, weight, strength are all critically important in the trenches. You can only mask so much with technique. De LaSalle can get away with having small OL bc they run that Veer Offense. When you’re a spread offense like Elder, you need your OL to have size.
Where the Non Feeder O Line talent on the Westside Pboy? Come on, Everyone on here knows that you have the answers ?

Where the Non Feeder O Line talent on the Westside Pboy? Come on, Everyone on here knows that you have the answers ?
They typically can fill out an OL with Feeder kids. However, there’s 2 Sophs OL (Schorsch & Weidner) who should start next yr from OH middle schools. Weidner actually played a little on Varsity last week. The OL is going to improve a ton by next year. It should be a strength of the team if the right kids put in the work in the offseason.

Last edited:
I’m 100% serious when I say this, if Mauer can’t get the ball in the end zone on KOs, kick the ball OOB. Moeller’s Returners are faster than X’s, don’t give them better field position than necessary.

I’m 100% serious when I say this, if Mauer can’t get the ball in the end zone on KOs, kick the ball OOB. Moeller’s Returners are faster than X’s, don’t give them better field position than necessary.
There are other ways to kickoff than endzone or out of bounds. They could squib it, they could pop it up short (25-30 yard line). Or you know just do your job on special teams and make sure they don't get a big return. You're trying to say don't give them better field position, but kicking it out of bounds, thus gives them better field position. Makes sense.

In some cases, even if the special teams players do their job, the returner has a significant athletic advantage, as will be the case this weekend.

Do you not notice that? I’m being serious - am I the only one that notices the significant difference in athletic ability on the field?

I 100% agree with pboy here. And I’m also guessing you’ll see a much different approach to kick offs for the rest of the year because of it.

There are other ways to kickoff than endzone or out of bounds. They could squib it, they could pop it up short (25-30 yard line). Or you know just do your job on special teams and make sure they don't get a big return. You're trying to say don't give them better field position, but kicking it out of bounds, thus gives them better field position. Makes sense.
How’d doing their job on kickoffs go last week? Squibbing it gives them almost the exact same FP as kicking it OOB. Whatever they do, just don’t kick it to either of Moe’s return men.

Just going off memory. Does it seem Elder always kick to their left side? I could be wrong. I am sure they made changes to personnel if the same player consistently didn't make plays.

Just going off memory. Does it seem Elder always kick to their left side? I could be wrong. I am sure they made changes to personnel if the same player consistently didn't make plays.
It’s not one player, the entire cvg team can’t stay in their lanes.