Elder Round 2

4GX

Can X figure out how to stop Ramsey (and Nieman)? If so, X could win comfortably— if not, X could find itself on the outside looking in, wondering what happened...

Would like to see if using Clifford as a “spot” Nickel DB can help limit Ramsey and/or Nieman on obvious passing downs— X has to come up with a better plan than last time against those two, because I don’t think Elder is going to wait until the 4Q to exploit that advantage, as they did last time.

X did a very good job on Ramsey in the first game, but Nieman is a problem. They may have Nolan on him most of the game, but Kemper would be a decent option as well size wise. I still think the game plan will be to stop Ramsey, take your chances with Nieman.

I have no idea how Elder stops X. X turned to the power run game in the 4th quarter, and just ground down the Panthers. With the pass offense clicking right now, and the running game showing up, it's pick your poison. I can't see a 42 point half for a third straight week, but maybe 28. The offense has found a completely different gear since early in the Ignatius game.

Reactions: 4GX
X did a very good job on Ramsey in the first game, but Nieman is a problem. They may have Nolan on him most of the game, but Kemper would be a decent option as well size wise. I still think the game plan will be to stop Ramsey, take your chances with Nieman.

I have no idea how Elder stops X. X turned to the power run game in the 4th quarter, and just ground down the Panthers. With the pass offense clicking right now, and the running game showing up, it's pick your poison. I can't see a 42 point half for a third straight week, but maybe 28. The offense has found a completely different gear since early in the Ignatius game.
I will be interested in if X can keep up the successful ”power running game” they showed at key points against Moe (I was super-happy to see the 4th and 1 conversion for not only the 1st down, but the TD, late in the first half)— and also, if X chooses to augment Nolan on Nieman, with Clifford on Ramsey (on long-yardage situattions)— essentially, size on size, and athlete on athlete...

This should be a great game and I am interested to see what St.X does to try to stop the Elder passing attack. The secondary has been the weak link of the defense for years now and it is good to face Elder to get experience again with playing against a fairly strong passing game.

Well the good news is that Spectrum has stopped screwing us. As I predicted, this game is on the "live" actual Channel 1. And starting next week, there will be no D1 "conflict" games in the SW Ohio, so looks like we are done streaming for the rest of the playoffs (hopefully 4 more games).

Well the good news is that Spectrum has stopped screwing us. As I predicted, this game is on the "live" actual Channel 1. And starting next week, there will be no D1 "conflict" games in the SW Ohio, so looks like we are done streaming for the rest of the playoffs (hopefully 4 more games).

Will ohsaa.tv still stream the spectrum feed for purchase like last week?
Being out of state, I like the ability.

The inference being that X’s student broadcasters can NOT stream video of the game, if Spectrum carries it?

Max Klare is back for Elder game. He received full clearance from doctors and was full contact yesterday at practice.

The run game success at Moe was great, guys blocked well and Cov attacking Moe's scheme. Moe usually plays 4 man front, shifted to 3 man front with 8 back, presumably to stop the big play X office. Cov responded with runs, screens, shuttle pass etc. No 20 yd + chunk plays but lots of 10 yarders. In 2Q switched back. Moe was overmatched so pick the poison.

Elder's defense is talent wise about same as Elder, so scheme from Elder will be interesting, historically ran a lot of 3-3-5 like X. D coordinator, I think Curry?, pretty creative. But doens't have the horses to stay with X.

The run game success at Moe was great, guys blocked well and Cov attacking Moe's scheme. Moe usually plays 4 man front, shifted to 3 man front with 8 back, presumably to stop the big play X office. Cov responded with runs, screens, shuttle pass etc. No 20 yd + chunk plays but lots of 10 yarders. In 2Q switched back. Moe was overmatched so pick the poison.

Elder's defense is talent wise about same as Elder, so scheme from Elder will be interesting, historically ran a lot of 3-3-5 like X. D coordinator, I think Curry?, pretty creative. But doens't have the horses to stay with X.

Ramsey surprised the X coaching staff in the first half of the last game against Elder. They dropped as many as 8 people into coverage which caused some problems until adjustments were made at halftime. Specht admitted they had never seen Elder do this before. This game will be another pick your poison game. If they drop 8 into coverage we will need to make them pay with the run game. X will be much better prepared this time around for how Elder would like to defend them. Moeller tried to mimic what Elder did but X has added a few wrinkles and they made them pay dearly on the ground. It will be interesting to see what rabbit Ramsey pulls out of his hat this go round.

The inference being that X’s student broadcasters can NOT stream video of the game, if Spectrum carries it?

Following the rules, this is correct. Spectrum holds the right to all live video of the game. The enforcement of this is really on an honor system. I expect X will follow the rules. I also expect the Elder broadcast to ignore the rule and show live video as they usually do.

Following the rules, this is correct. Spectrum holds the right to all live video of the game. The enforcement of this is really on an honor system. I expect X will follow the rules. I also expect the Elder broadcast to ignore the rule and show live video as they usually do.
Well, for once, I may be entirely in favor of Elder breaking the rule(s)— I don’t have Spectrum cable.

Does anyone have any contacts at Bd of Health etc? What happens if Hamilton County goes to Purple on Governor's COVID scale. I"m hearing grumbling that it "may'" impact sports. I have not heard anything concrete and don't want to be a rumor monger, so hoping for more intel from one of you in the know?

WHAT DAY,............GAME DAY
WHAT TIME,..........GAME TIME
ANY DAWGS IN THE HOUSE,...............
(y)

P.S. Go Bombers !!!

Offense looking solid, don't see Elder stopping them much, especially with the line opening holes like they did on the long drive in the second. Defense needs to stop the penalties, and turn and find the ball in the air. Run defense is getting there, though I'm concerned if Elder starts to try and go around the Buerkle-Lyons edge like they did earlier

Really looks like X and Pick Central will decide the state championship for this season.

The Bombers offense is really something.

Really looks like X and Pick Central will decide the state championship for this season.

The Bombers offense is really something.
PC are the Champs, and are still pretty loaded on both sides. I still think X is a year away, but that offense is awfully tough to contain right now

PC are the Champs, and are still pretty loaded on both sides. I still think X is a year away, but that offense is awfully tough to contain right now
X is great on offense, but Clifford and the other senior WR will be tough to replace.

X pass blocking was again really good today— and when it wasn’t perfect, Brogan made up for it with his feet— some terrific moves back there today...

Again, however, early on— when the game was still heavily in doubt, I was disappointed that X could NOT get 1 yard, when it needed to on 3rd and 1– even with the “elephant backfield” formation (you should have heard the O-line coach tearing into them, after that series of downs— he was furious)... to be fair, I thought they handed it off to the wrong back on that play (just like the Bengals last week)— give it to the back coming up full speed, from deep, NOT the guy standing next to the QB, with an “excuse me” handoff...— but still, it showed that one sort of Achilles Heel of this offense that I think they have got to fix, to feel confident about beating a team like Pickerington Central or Mentor...

They averaged 4.7 yards per carry. That play should be a QB sneak almost every time when you have someone like Parker in the middle, or give it to Albanese with a head of steam. The elephant package becomes irrelevant when you give it to the upback, since the additional blockers are taken out of play, especially when you are playing against a stacked line. I'm becoming less concerned about the run blocking, and more concerned about the defense. LW will be an interesting test for this offense.