Elder now requiring masks

Moe’s school policy = mask OR vaccine. If you had one or the other, then no quarantine if your kid was a close contact from a positive
So, they had 7 positive cases.
74 close contacts.
X are in quarantine
Z are still in school
The Z are in quarantine had no mask and no vaccine. Their choice. The policy is based on whatever health dept is calling the shots.
My fear is they go to the same plan as Elder to cut down that Z number.

Last edited:
I'm shocked, not. It shouldn't bother you either way. You do what is necessary to protect yourself and your family, others are free to do the same.
I fear we’ve established a bad precedent where now any potential public crisis can be used as a means to justify a lockdown or some sort of restriction on our rights. What’s to stop activist groups from pushing for week or month long lockdowns due to Global Warming? They can make the argument that effects of Global Warming will kill infinitely more people than COVID, so why not lockdown to protect public safety?

I fear we’ve established a bad precedent where now any potential public crisis can be used as a means to justify a lockdown or some sort of restriction on our rights. What’s to stop activist groups from pushing for week or month long lockdowns due to Global Warming? They can make the argument that effects of Global Warming will kill infinitely more people than COVID, so why not lockdown to protect public safety?
Bingo. At some point things need to go back to normal and not this "new normal" Bs they've been spewing for the last 18 months.

At this point if you are a member of a team you have 2 choices, get vaccinated or wear a mask. I don’t care if you believe in either one you are putting your team in a bad situation if you don’t do one or the other. No matter what side of the vaccine no vaccine or mask no mask you are on I don’t think you can argue with this. Sometimes as a member of a team you have to swallow your pride and do what’s best for the team

At this point if you are a member of a team you have 2 choices, get vaccinated or wear a mask. I don’t care if you believe in either one you are putting your team in a bad situation if you don’t do one or the other. No matter what side of the vaccine no vaccine or mask no mask you are on I don’t think you can argue with this. Sometimes as a member of a team you have to swallow your pride and do what’s best for the team
Just get vaccinated. Do you think the polio vaccine went through this much fanfare? Jesh!

I really wonder at this point if some of these long distance games happen? Are some of these teams/administrations going to say "hop on a bus for 4 or 6 hrs" to play a football game? I didn't realize how many games have been canceled across the state this weekend. when's this craziness going to end?

Maybe Louisville X to come up? Where is St Marys from? Football North, is that the team from Canada? St Eds is 4-5 hrs away. I wonder if Espilage and other Ads around town are starting to think about backup plans with some more local teams????

Maybe Louisville X to come up? Where is St Marys from? Football North, is that the team from Canada? St Eds is 4-5 hrs away. I wonder if Espilage and other Ads around town are starting to think about backup plans with some more local teams????
St Mary’s is from St Louis.

Unfortunately, it appears it was a mistake to not mask up, because of the contact tracing rules still in place by different boards of health across the state. Things should settle down in the next couple weeks let's hope. The out of state teams are a little bit of a concern, because who knows what their state governor will impose. Elder-Ed's matchup will be fine.

Cov Cath crossed the river last week so Kentucky is allowing out of state competition. Elder travels to Louisville so they should be okay I think. Football North is a question mark, but we will see what happens weeks prior they have Ohio schools scheduled.

Roncalli in Indianapolis travels to the PIT. Indiana rules seem looser. Let's hope all these games go on as scheduled.

Elder going to masks will help. Now, they just need their opponents to cooperate.

Very disappointing news but it sounds like they are obligated under Cincy Board of Health guidelines. Now requiring masks only so other students do not have to quarantine if any classmate tests positive.

For the past 12 months it has been proven over and over again that masks do not have any impact on the spread of COVID. Masks and the vaccine should be a personal choice.
They maybe obligated to Cincinnati BoH but per the Ohio DoH quarantine rules, Mask make the most sense. I’m with you I don’t like it either but agree here because of the ODH Rules. It’s my understanding that per ODH if you been vaccinated and or wearing a Mask and are “Exposed” you don’t have to quarantine. No Mask think it’s at least a 7 day mandatory quarantine.

Just get vaccinated.
Disagree.
These kids are not at risk.
The vaccine should be for the old, fat, and unhealthy.
The kids are better off getting COVID and having natural immunity.
If the vaccine causes health issues in months or years, who is responsible?
We do not know the long term impact and it’s completely unnecessary.
Lastly, what’s the point? Can still get and transmit COVID whether you are vaccinated or not.

Do you people ever get tired of listening to yourselves talk? Let’s move on, at this point each of you have stated your opinion over a dozen times. Now every one do what you need to do to feel safe in your mind and stop with all the rhetoric!

Vermont, with the highest vaccination rate in the US, has seen cases rise 4,067% since Fauci said that with 50% of adults vaccinated, we wouldn’t see surges. Sure he’s always wrong, but at least he never acknowledges it and everyone still listens to him

Cases in Japan are now up 42,096% since a Forbes article on 6/22/20 said the high rate of mask wearing there was responsible for preventing COVID spread. It’s a remarkable feat of media gaslighting that politicians and experts are still getting away with pretending masks matter.

yet that is not the CDC's stance...so nothing is consistent and parents should refuse non scientific unlawful recommendations!
I agree with this. However the Elder administration has to play by the Rules from the ODH,CDH. I don’t think anyone working at Elder wants any “trouble” for the School or unnecessary quarantines for the kids.

PantherVor calling people’s opinions rhetoric on an open forum is fn comical!

PantherVor calling people’s opinions rhetoric on an open forum is fn comical!
From the Oxford Languages Dictionary: language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.
"all we have from the Opposition is empty rhetoric"
Seems appropriate to me… ?

Pfizer CEO's C19 vax recommendation: "I'm 59 yo, in good health, I'm not working in the front lines. So my [health status] type is not recommended to get vaccination"

Pfizer CEO "Im 59, I'm healthy. My health type is to recommend not to get vaccinated"
That story is a lie. It was started by a reporter for Newsmax. She corrected the tweet a few hours later. But as many of these stories on blogs the lie was passed around and repeated. It is just the world we live in with false information being propagated.

One of my favorite teachers/professors in my life was not from my time in college or grad school. He was from Elder. Mr. Dan Hilvert. He taught his students to take information presented and do the work to research and validate it. He said finding the truth in a complex world is never easy. But it is the right and just thing to do.

A quote he used quite often was from Andrew Lang who said.

“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination”​

Last edited:
That story is a lie. It was started by a reporter for Newsmax. She corrected the tweet a few hours later. But as many of these stories on blogs the lie was passed around and repeated. It is just the world we live in with false information being propagated.
Thanks for the heads up- I will delete

“We’re seeing the number of people hospitalized going up at rates we’ve never seen before,” said Peter Graven, Ph.D., lead data scientist in OHSU’s Business Intelligence unit. “We had hoped to see the new statewide masking mandate make a difference in flattening the rate of infection, but we’re not seeing that.”

University of Louisville study reaffirms mask mandates have not reduced incidence of COVID 19
"Our main finding is that mask mandates and use likely did not affect COVID-19 case growth. Mask mandates were associated with greater mask use but ultimately did not influence total normalized cases or post-mandate case growth. Higher mask use [rather than mandates per se] has been argued to decrease COVID-19 growth rates." https://escipub.com/Articles/IRJPH/IRJPH-2021-08-1005.pdf

Conclusions: We did not observe association between mask mandates or use and reduced COVID-19 spread in US states. COVID-19 mitigation requires further research and use of existing efficacious strategies, most notably vaccination.

1632152411425.png