Elder Enrollment Strategy

It is my understanding there are different types of vouchers, unless it has changed recently. One is income based, and the other is only dependent upon living in a failing school district.

So In theory, you could be making good money and qualify for the latter. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

For the EdChoice scholarship, "To be eligible for that program, the student has to come from a family with an income of no more than 200% of the federal poverty level. They also have to attend one of the designated 473 school buildings across 87 public school districts, which includes both urban and rural districts."

So is the income piece a new part of the failing school list? Because in the past, they were separate.

Or is this new altogether?

Reading the edchoice website, it looks like the information in that article is not entirely accurate so you guys are right. There are two EdChoice Schoarlship programs.
1. Traditional EdChoice is not income based and you must attend or live in one of the designated schools/districts that are failing.
2. Expanded EdChoice is if you don't live in one of the school districts, but it is income based.

For High School,
$7,500 awarded if you're at or below 250% of the federal poverty line,
$5,635 if 251%-300% above the federal poverty line
$3,750 if 301%-400% above the federal poverty line
$0 if 400%+ above the federal poverty line

I would assume for the expansion program, Elder requires family to cover the rest of the tuition not covered by academic scholarship or financial aid allotment?

Example: A family of 4 making between $79,500 and $106,000 would qualify for an EdChoice scholarship of $3,750. I wonder how many families may not realize they are eligible for an EdChoice scholarship? Both parents tend to work these days so many obviously won't qualify for anything.

I would assume for the expansion program, Elder requires family to cover the rest of the tuition not covered by academic scholarship or financial aid allotment?
I found the answer to my question. Yes, they would if the are not "low income" status.

Only scholarship families with a household gross income of 200% or lower qualify for low-income status. This means that the private school cannot charge these families for any tuition that is not covered by the scholarship.

Scholarship families with a household gross income of 201% or higher are responsible for paying any tuition difference not covered by the scholarship.

I’ve never heard of CISE, but it’s good for Elder to have $ set aside for that.
B51611BA-6E93-4CE5-BFC3-BDA304CCFA95.jpeg

I'm a little confused. The inner city students already qualify for the EdChoice Scholarship which means they will pay nothing out of pocket, right? Does this CISE fund then go toward covering the rest of the cost to educate that student since the EdChoice is $7,000 and the Elder tuition is something around $12,000?

I'm a little confused. The inner city students already qualify for the EdChoice Scholarship which means they will pay nothing out of pocket, right? Does this CISE fund then go toward covering the rest of the cost to educate that student since the EdChoice is $7,000 and the Elder tuition is something around $12,000?
I don’t really know. Maybe it’s $ earmarked specifically for the kids attending Catholic Grade Schools in the city of Cincinnati?

I don’t really know. Maybe it’s $ earmarked specifically for the kids attending Catholic Grade Schools in the city of Cincinnati?

It's just confusing. I'm sure the always generous Elder alumni will step up to the plate with donations, but I'm confused what the money is going towards. Is it all for tuition assistance? Is some of it going towards updating/maintaining facilities?

For the current capital campaign, $7 million will go toward academics and endowment and the remaining $5.5 million will go toward facilities.

Directed at UCArch aka Trey. Elder is not the only school who lacks diversity among teachers. Teachers in Ohio are 94.2% White, non-Hispanic, 4.3% Black, non-Hispanic, and 1.5% others. 1 in every 3 Public schools have 100% White teaching staff in Ohio.

Keep on making sarcastic "THE ELDER WAY" comments and blasting Elder's hiring practices. The facts show the pool of applicants is not what you think it is. You owe Elder High School an apology. A post here on yappi should be enough.

Directed at UCArch aka Trey. Elder is not the only school who lacks diversity among teachers. Teachers in Ohio are 94.2% White, non-Hispanic, 4.3% Black, non-Hispanic, and 1.5% others. 1 in every 3 Public schools have 100% White teaching staff in Ohio.

Keep on making sarcastic "THE ELDER WAY" comments and blasting Elder's hiring practices. The facts show the pool of applicants is not what you think it is. You owe Elder High School an apology. A post here on yappi should be enough.

Uh oh, Trey caught lying again. He will never apologize because he actually believes his own lies. Let me guess next lying Trey gonna say all the public schools are racist after he sees these numbers. Trey=Lying ?

Obviously. Most liars have to keep those lies going. Damn near everything he says is made up. Just another ? talking, lying wuss hiding behind a computer screen!
LOL because you’re the model of transparency.

Yep, all made up.

It’s been a decade of back and forth debate between me and basically this whole forum. You would think that if I’m making all of this up, that people would have just started ignoring my nonsense. Who gets this riled up for 10 years to someone that is just lying all the time? No one does - they just push that person to the side and ignore them.

It’s obvious I hit a inferiority nerve when I bring these things up, because you can’t help yourself to defend them over vigorously at all costs. It’s because you know there is some truth to it all.

At least pboy blocked me. If I’m such a liar, I would have been ignored long long ago.

Last edited:
Trey=Lying ?. Habitual liar!
I tried to redirect him to a new thread to spare the others but the Mod apparently didn't like that. I proved he is a liar. He is not merely mistaken as he has been shown the undeniable truth. As a liar, he should just be ignored. Really, his obsession and delusions are quite sad. We cannot get him the help he obviously needs, so, the best we can do is simply to ignore him.

I tried to redirect him to a new thread to spare the others but the Mod apparently didn't like that. I proved he is a liar. He is not merely mistaken as he has been shown the undeniable truth. As a liar, he should just be ignored. Really, his obsession and delusions are quite sad. We cannot get him the help he obviously needs, so, the best we can do is simply to ignore him.
I have had him on Ignore for a long time. When I see everyone ripping him and calling out his lies I unignore just long enough to read his lies. Hell he been busted lying twice today! Thanks for the advice but I’m gonna keep calling him a liar every time he does it.

I could type out the same thing about you and others and no one would know the difference.

Rent free - one decade, or however long it’s been been since I was obligated to start a username when pboy starting posting. Since I felt sorry for him, I didn’t want him to be the only one with multiple usernames.

I also was forced into most of the changes as I’ve been kept down by the man for basically telling the truth.

I also was forced into most of the changes as I’ve been kept down by the man for basically telling the truth.
Except you weren't, demonstrably so. You can't deal with the facts because that would ruin your silly little game. Anyone can lie and keep lying when the facts are thrown in their face. There is no merit in that. The fact that the assistant principal, the head football coach and many other faculty members and coaches were in no way affiliated with the school, before being hired, speaks for itself. You are just too stupid, or you lack the integrity to accept it. I am betting both.

Keep up with your silly little game if you must. You are obviously a very, very small person to do so. I believe that trolls like you who seek only to disrupt should be banned. Lets see what happens.

As I’ve said a million times, I hold the prevalent view of outsiders, I’m just part of a small percentage that actually talks about it.

You’ve all heard these “perceptions” from people, most of you admit these “perceptions” exist. But even with that acknowledgment, you still continue to say what is being said are lies.

They’re not lies in the eye of the people telling you that. That’s the root of the issue - you have no ability to not even just accept any opposing view - you downright refuse to even hear it.

The westside flu - ingrained in your DNA

They’re not lies in the eye of the people telling you that. That’s the root of the issue - you have no ability to not even just accept any opposing view - you downright refuse to even hear it.

The westside flu - ingrained in your DNA
Ah...so it is not a lie if you believe it to be true despite objective and conclusive evidence. I see now. Willful ignorance and delusions instead of lies. I've got it now. Carry on Sir. You are a special kind of nut case.

"The long-standing practice of sending kids to zoned neighborhood schools is still a hard habit to break. What I didn’t expect was how many public school supporters—from governors and teachers unions to local administrators and school boards—would be so determined to break it."

A third disrupted year can only strain Americans’ ties to traditional public schools​

https://fordhaminstitute.org/nation...Z7uRiSMrjo2HQ_IFFzJiCQbz8yANN0XYoEYXDA8svhXr8