Elder Basketball 2022-2023

Moe has a history of getting their kids to the next level, even bench players—if that’s their thing. However, recently, I quit counting the number of talented kids that left to play elsewhere and still achieve their goal.
You get recruited in AAU not high school ball. That’s what makes it even crazier to me to play there.

I have to believe all of their success is on the backside now.
Yea I am not so sure about that. Moeller seems to get kids that want to play there. Just in their freshman class they got two west side feeder kids. Duncan from St Teresa and Sirling from Lourdes. Both of those kids would have started for Elders freshman team this year.

Moeller used to get studs from all over. That's not happening nearly as much.

The teams from 5-10 years ago had loads more talent. Most of their team this year is feeder products or legacy basketball names from Moe. In saying that, Moe's JV and Freshman teams are very good and will be the league favorites again for the next 3-4 years. And they also already have a couple underclassmen playing big minutes on varsity.

Last edited:
Yea I am not so sure about that. Moeller seems to get kids that want to play there. Just in their freshman class they got two west side feeder kids. Duncan from St Teresa and Sirling from Lourdes. Both of those kids would have started for Elders freshman team this year.
Duncan’s dad was a big Moe guy. Forced to live on the west side to keep mama happy

They definitely are having success getting them into the halls of Moe. But, Moe is losing kids after frosh and soph year. A main reason is they start learning/playing the varsity system and discovering their roles.
There are former Moe players on 6 different local high school varsity rosters now.

They definitely are having success getting them into the halls of Moe. But, Moe is losing kids after frosh and soph year. A main reason is they start learning/playing the varsity system and discovering their roles. There are former Moe players on 6 different local high school varsity rosters now.
Wow...what a great stat!

They definitely are having success getting them into the halls of Moe. But, Moe is losing kids after frosh and soph year. A main reason is they start learning/playing the varsity system and discovering their roles.
There are former Moe players on 6 different local high school varsity rosters now.
Fire Carl!

I wish that was true, but it’s not. Too much talent. Maybe they won’t have a run of 3 straight titles, but they’re not done winning at a high level.
That might be a better way to say it. They could win something here or there, but nothing like the past.

Is there any stream for this afternoon’s game?
If you can tolerate a stream from a Hudl cam, it looks like there will be.
JV streaming now: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/anderson-high-school-cincinnati-oh/gamd597ce8483
Varsity: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/anderson-high-school-cincinnati-oh/gamcf5630dc74

To get an NFHSNetwork.com account (which is free) you can go to this URL, https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/redeem and enter the promo code WCAT23 to get a free subscription through June 30, 2023.

Duncan would be top 2 on JV.

E loses 56-50. I know this was a game postponed from earlier in the yr, but no more Saturday afternoon games. The difference in level of play is obvious and nothing is gained by playing these games. All this did was hurt Elder’s seeding for tomorrow

E loses 56-50. I know this was a game postponed from earlier in the yr, but no more Saturday afternoon games. The difference in level of play is obvious and nothing is gained by playing these games. All this did was hurt Elder’s seeding for tomorrow
Voting ended today at noon.

Didn't the voting period end earlier today before this game even tipped? Hell I'm sure some coaches voted before last night's games.

Did Sirling actually end up at Moeller? It seems like someone told me recently he ultimately ended up at Summit or somewhere like that.

Did you see the game? Or just listen? Wonder how Browne v Starks went underneath.

Fairfield
Elder
Moe
Sycamore
Princeton
Mason
Anderson
Kings
Withrow
Turpin
X
Lasalle
Middletown
Oak Hills
East.

This is the order through 15

Does anybody but Mad Dog still think that any of these 15 can’t make it to District or Regional. OH and East probably not but they are still dangerous.

If I’m Princeton I jump in with Sycamore or Elder to not have to face Centerville. If E gets through the Sectional they should have an easy District game.

So here's the matchups for Districts, along with the highest seeds (top 8 Cincy, top 5 Dayton) in each, should they advance:

Cincinnati 1 (#3 Moeller) vs. Cincinnati 5 (#5 Princeton, #8 Kings)
Cincinnati 2 (#6 Mason, #7 Anderson) vs. Dayton 3 (#1 Centerville
Cincinnati 3 (#1 Fairfield) vs. Dayton 2 (#2 Wayne, #5 Troy)
Cincinnati 4 (#2 Elder, #4 Sycamore) vs. Dayton 1 (#3 Fairmont, #4 Beavercreek)

Elder plays #31 Aiken on Friday 2/17, 6pm @ West Clermont. If they win, they'll play Tuesday 2/21, 6pm against #13 Middletown who has a Bye.

Other notables:
#10 St Xavier and #11 Turpin are both in with Fairfield.
#9 Withrow is in with Moeller.
#12 LaSalle and #14 Oak Hills are in with Mason and Anderson.

Last edited: