Elder Baseball 2021

Looking at Turpin closer, I think Turpin throws their ace William Henkel who is a senior against Elder. He did not pitch in the game against Elder earlier this season. He is a lefty with decent fastball, changeup, and curveball. I think you got to win and survive when you can. Throw your best Grimmelsman.
If Elder-Turpin comes to fruition I totally agree with all of this. Definitely want to Start your best Arm in what they expect will be a Tough Tournament Game. For some reason get out to big lead early, just pull him.

Elder with the shutout against Highlands yesterday, 4-0. Kellen Sandhas appears to have thrown a gem. 0 ER, 3 H, 9 Ks. I'm guessing that's a really good win, but not sure how Highlands is this year.

Elder with the shutout against Highlands yesterday, 4-0. Kellen Sandhas appears to have thrown a gem. 0 ER, 3 H, 9 Ks. I'm guessing that's a really good win, but not sure how Highlands is this year.
Highlands was only 10-11 going into yesterday. However, that doesn’t negate Sandhas’ performance. He threw his best game all yr. He actually pitched well in last week’s loss to X, the game just got away from Elder after a bunch of errors.

Looking at Turpin closer, I think Turpin throws their ace William Henkel who is a senior against Elder. He did not pitch in the game against Elder earlier this season. He is a lefty with decent fastball, changeup, and curveball. I think you got to win and survive when you can. Throw your best Grimmelsman.

Turpin shutout Moeller 2-0 yesterday. Carter Stout struck out 10 in 4 innings against Moeller. Stout is the same pitcher that threw against Elder earlier this season. Elder got 3 runs off Stout to win 3-2. Turpin now 17-7 and look better than the 7 seed they got. They will still need to get by Fairfield first before facing Elder.

Highlands was only 10-11 going into yesterday. However, that doesn’t negate Sandhas’ performance. He threw his best game all yr. He actually pitched well in last week’s loss to X, the game just got away from Elder after a bunch of errors.

Sandhas had a no hitter going through 5 1/3 innings before a bloop single to left broke it up.

Turpin shutout Moeller 2-0 yesterday. Carter Stout struck out 10 in 4 innings against Moeller. Stout is the same pitcher that threw against Elder earlier this season. Elder got 3 runs off Stout to win 3-2. Turpin now 17-7 and look better than the 7 seed they got. They will still need to get by Fairfield first before facing Elder.

If Turpin win in baseball we will have to try and schedule them in football to get some dignity back. LOL

Pretty ugly today vs Walnut. 9-2 only in the 3rd. I honestly have no idea how well this team will perform in the Tournament. They’re up and down almost every other game.

Honestly I think they could win several games or lose in the first round? They are a tough team to figure out. They pitch pretty well, don't really hit.

Honestly I think they could win several games or lose in the first round? They are a tough team to figure out. They pitch pretty well, don't really hit.
They’re not going to lose in the first round. They will win their sectional. After that, it could go either way, but that’s true for any team at that point.

Any team can run into a stud pitcher on his game.

Turpin is no guarantee win. Elder beat them in a close game 3-2 early on, and Turpin beat Moeller recently. Elder is favored for sure, but it is definitely not a guaranteed win.
Nothing is guaranteed.

But this team is better than “they could lose their first game” - cmon this is a pretty good team. They’re top 5 in the city.

He played against Butler Friday. He went 1-3 and knocked in Elder's only run.

Butler is 20-2 and ranked 4th in state coaches poll.
That’s good he’s back, bc he wasn’t in the lineup for the better part of the last month. I’m sure he’s still a bit rusty, but he’s really the spark plug for the lineup.

Turpin is no guarantee win. Elder beat them in a close game 3-2 early on, and Turpin beat Moeller recently. Elder is favored for sure, but it is definitely not a guaranteed win.
I’d say it’s a tossup vs Turpin. Maybe Elder has a slight edge with Grimmelsman on the mound, but it’s a game that could go either way. If I’m being honest, I don’t think this team gets any further than the District Final (?) vs Beavercreek.

E up 3-0 T3. However, I think it’s a bad move throwing Grimmelsman. Colerain is bad, they could’ve thrown anyone else and still been in control.

Still 3-0 B5. It’s actually probably a good thing they did start Grimmelsman bc the Offense has stalled the last 3 innings.

The next tournament game is not until 5/25. They did the right thing.
Either way, catching a break bc Sandhas got dinged up running to 1st Base and had to leave the game. It didn’t look too serious, but having nearly a week to rest won’t hurt.

Turpin beat Fairfield 3-2.

Elder plays Turpin at Kings at 5pm on Tuesday. Elder will not have a stream for the game. I do not know if another group will have a stream or not.

X beat Middletown 5-4 in Xtra innings preventing what would have been a monumental upset, even for baseball. Harrison beat LaSalle 11-5. Moe wins 4-2 vs. Milford. The GMC is having an awful tourney through the first 2 rounds of play. All they have left is Mason and Oak Hills who finished tied for 1st place.

Sectional Finals:

Mason vs Harrison (Mason the beneficiary of tons of upsets in this district 4,8,9 seeds as well as LaSalle were all knocked off)
Little Miami vs Lebanon

Butler vs Sidney ( Tough District)
Oak Hills vs Moeller

X vs. Walnut
Springboro vs Franklin

Beavercreek vs Centerville (Total toss up in this District)
Elder vs. Turpin

My Regional guess:

Mason vs. Butler
X vs. No Idea I guess I will go with Beavercreek