Elder Baseball 2021

pantherland

Tryouts start next week. How do you think the panthers will look this year? What's the starting rotation looking like? The senior class isn't huge numbers wise. Also not having a season last year due to covid may hurt some programs with kids hanging up the cleats.

Anyone know how many freshman are trying out? I've heard that numbers are down in the sophomore class for the JV team.

Aren’t some of the better sophomores pretty much locks for varsity (2-3 of them). Dilutes the talent pool at that level but also gives opportunity to kids that may be on the fence.

Last edited:
Tryouts start next week. How do you think the panthers will look this year? What's the starting rotation looking like? The senior class isn't huge numbers wise. Also not having a season last year due to covid may hurt some programs with kids hanging up the cleats.

Anyone know how many freshman are trying out? I've heard that numbers are down in the sophomore class for the JV team.

I hear about 40. Starts on Monday with final cuts by March 4th.

I hear about 40. Starts on Monday with final cuts by March 4th.
Sounds good. They may end up taking some of the better freshman and moving them up to JV if Jv's numbers are down this year.

Are some of the soph basketball kids besides Hilton and Vaughn still playing baseball?

Wow, if so then yea they will have to bring some frosh up I would think to play JV. Why are the numbers in the soph class so low for baseball? Are they concentrating on other sports? Did they have a first round of cuts yet?

Any surprises from the baseball rosters? What freshman got moved up to the JV level?

Schrimages start next week. Glad to see some baseball this spring!

Rosters are out. After having played no season, I have no idea what to expect from this team. They did graduate 2 very good players from last yr in Klingebeck and Thaman. Plus Sandhas and Berger from the rotation

2-1 T bottom 4. E really needs to get the bats going. Outside of Vaughn’s HR there hasn’t been much solid contact.

E manufactures 2 runs in the B5. Only hit was a bunt single from Kamerer. 3-2 E top of 6

3-2 Final. Kamerer with the Save. Too early to really make a judgement on the whole team, but Vaughn looks like a really solid prospect at Catcher.

Awesome, whatever it takes to get the Win!
Outside of the HR, Turpin’s Starter was cruising through 4 innings. But a walk followed by a throwing error on a pick off helped advance the runner to 3rd. Keehan then hit a Sac Fly to tie the game. Kamerer got on base with a bunt single, then stole 2nd, and got to 3rd on a controversial FC’s. He was initially ruled safe, then called out, then after the Umps got together, they reversed the 2nd call and called him safe. Kamerer then scored on a Passed Ball.

Outside of the HR, Turpin’s Starter was cruising through 4 innings. But a walk followed by a throwing error on a pick off helped advance the runner to 3rd. Keehan then hit a Sac Fly to tie the game. Kamerer got on base with a bunt single, then stole 2nd, and got to 3rd on a controversial FC’s. He was initially ruled safe, then called out, then after the Umps got together, they reversed the 2nd call and called him safe. Kamerer then scored on a Passed Ball.

Oh wow, interesting! Just curious, in your opinion was he Safe or Out at 3rd?

E plays Moeller this afternoon. It looks like the rain is going to stay away, but the weather will still be pretty crappy.

Elder 3, Turpin 2
WP- Flaherty (2-0); LP- Stout (0-1); S- Kammerer (1)
Leaders: T- Stickney 2-2 2B. E- Vaughn 2-2 HR.

Records: E 2-0; T 1-2.

Elder 3, Turpin 2
WP- Flaherty (2-0); LP- Stout (0-1); S- Kammerer (1)
Leaders: T- Stickney 2-2 2B. E- Vaughn 2-2 HR.

Records: E 2-0; T 1-2.

Eckstein ended up with a ND as the Starter. He was up and down most of the game, to be expected for a Soph making his Varsity Start. He struggled with his location but he also had some good heat on his Fastball. The Broadcast team said he can hit the mid 80s, not inconceivable he could touch 90 in a few yrs.