Eileen Gu Chinese sponsorships endorsements

Yorktown

If you duck sick for $20 or $42,000,000 you are still a whore none the less.
If you are an American citizen and sell out to China, not only are you are whore you are also a traitor.

She can stay over there.
How about the hockey players who became "citizens" to play in the Olympics for China.

I was watching them play US hockey and the announcers were bragging them up as they kept it close early...of course like 80% of the team was American or Canadian ?

"I really want to inspire young girls. Also I'm getting $42 million dollars."

She has a great future as a politician.

How about the hockey players who became "citizens" to play in the Olympics for China.

I was watching them play US hockey and the announcers were bragging them up as they kept it close early...of course like 80% of the team was American or Canadian ?
I have not followed the Olympics. Mainly because of this nonsense. Did not even realize people were doing this.

China is a POS communist country and that seems lost on many.

Athletes every year choose to compete for other countries that they have family members from - this is nothing new, except for the fact that she's actually good and that it's China.

Mostly, it's US athletes that wouldn't be able to make it on the American team and they want to compete in the Olympics - but since they're never medal contenders, it's not even a blip on anyone's radar.

Nobody seemed to have an issue with the Canadian who switched over the the US and won a Bobsled gold medal. ?‍♂️

except for the fact that she's actually good and that it's China.
AND...
My understanding is that 1) unlike some countries where you can compete for them if your grandparent was a citizen even if you are not, China only allows citizens to compete under their flag; and 2) You cannot hold dual citizenship if you are a Chinese citizen. She (through her mother since she is a minor) must renounce her citizenship to the US.

If this is true and it actually happened, her US passport should be revoked.

2) You cannot hold dual citizenship if you are a Chinese citizen. She (through her mother since she is a minor) must renounce her citizenship to the US.

She's been asked the question about her citizenship and her passport status and she's skirted around that topic, so I would also be curious what her status is. Probably doesn't matter for her for the next few years, as she's enrolled at Stanford for the fall, so she could have a student visa in the meantime and still be training in the US for the time being.

AND...
My understanding is that 1) unlike some countries where you can compete for them if your grandparent was a citizen even if you are not, China only allows citizens to compete under their flag; and 2) You cannot hold dual citizenship if you are a Chinese citizen. She (through her mother since she is a minor) must renounce her citizenship to the US.

Yeah the foriegn hockey players had Chinese names as "Chinese citizens " ?

Why is this a thing? Trump made millions in deals with Chinese companies, he manufactured goods in Chinese factories, he borrowed money from the same Chinese banks that sponsored this woman, and he was awarded Chinese IP rights while president.

If you are an American citizen and sell out to China, not only are you are whore you are also a traitor.
something tells me Labum James is a big fan of hers...

Athletes every year choose to compete for other countries that they have family members from - this is nothing new, except for the fact that she's actually good and that it's China.

Mostly, it's US athletes that wouldn't be able to make it on the American team and they want to compete in the Olympics - but since they're never medal contenders, it's not even a blip on anyone's radar.

Nobody seemed to have an issue with the Canadian who switched over the the US and won a Bobsled gold medal. ?‍♂️
Married a US citizen and became unhappy with how things and coaching in Canada were going. Did it right became a US citizen and actually lives in the United States. Let's see where Eileen chooses to live after the Olympics is over.

Reactions: y2h
Myles Amine won bronze in 2020 competing for San Marino because his maternal GREAT grandfather was born there.

This is not a thing.

Myles Amine won bronze in 2020 competing for San Marino because his maternal GREAT grandfather was born there.

This is not a thing.

It's a thing because the wing-nut propaganda websites and message boards they inhabit and gaslight each other into a frenzy told them it was.

She is also a Capitalist good for her. How many posters on this board wouldn't do the same thing if Chinese companies paid you 30 million dollars.

Why is this a thing? Trump made millions in deals with Chinese companies, he manufactured goods in Chinese factories, he borrowed money from the same Chinese banks that sponsored this woman, and he was awarded Chinese IP rights while president.

Why are you always so quick to defend Asian women?

I have not followed the Olympics. Mainly because of this nonsense. Did not even realize people were doing this.

China is a POS communist country and that seems lost on many.
China is a dictatorship but not communist. China has the 2nd most billionaires in the world after the US. However, by the time SJ is done, China will have the most billionaires, hardly communist.

Unfortunately, almost every company works with China. However, they don’t actively work for & represent the CCP. I don’t think anyone would care of she was Japanese or Korean and decided to compete for them, but doing it for China is wrong.

She is also a Capitalist good for her. How many posters on this board wouldn't do the same thing if Chinese companies paid you 30 million dollars.
Not if it meant shilling for the CCP and possibly being forced into renouncing my American citizenship.

I’m not an extremely moral person, but I couldn’t live with myself if I had to sell out to an authoritarian government committing genocide.

I am sure you would turn down the money, I have no problem with someone bettering themselves, I doubt if she would get a tenth of that much in the US.
That’s fine, she can stay in China then. The CCP doesn’t allow you to have dual citizenship anyways, so she’s made her choice. I’m sure she’ll enjoy the high life over there, until she’s raped by a CCP official and made to disappear.

I’d rather make $1 million and live in a free country than make $10 million and live under an authoritarian government.

Reactions: y2h
China is a dictatorship but not communist. China has the 2nd most billionaires in the world after the US. However, by the time SJ is done, China will have the most billionaires, hardly communist.
Sorry, China is still Communist.

Unsure if you saw what recently happened to Jack Ma. The Alibiba CEO talked some $chit about CCP policy and got too big for his little britches. So he disappeared for a several months for reconditioning, reappeared more somber and singing a more Communist tune. He also lost a whack of cash. The CCP loves the free market enterprise of Capitalism but they are very much still Communist.

Sorry, China is still Communist.

Unsure if you saw what recently happened to Jack Ma. The Alibiba CEO talked some $chit about CCP policy and got too big for his little britches. So he disappeared for a several months for reconditioning, reappeared more somber and singing a more Communist tune. He also lost a whack of cash. The CCP loves the free market enterprise of Capitalism but they are very much still Communist.
They’re communist in that they embrace authoritarianism and censorship.