EBC Football 2023

This will be the last year Alliance plays Lake. Next year Parma Padua will be Week 1 and Louisville will return Week 2. Should be an exciting year this season for my aviators. With Zurbrugg, I feel Alliance is the team to beat
Alliance and Niles series going to continue?

Zurbrugg offered by Syracuse
Very blessed and excited to say I’ve received an offer from Syracuse University!!🍊 @Coach_Beck7 @CoachM_Harris @CuseFootball @CoachBabersCuse @AllenTrieu
-Brendan Zurbrugg (@BrendanZurbrugg)
June 7, 2023

Zurbrugg offered by Northwestern
After a talk with @NUCoachJake, I’m blessed to say I’ve received an offer from Northwestern University! @coachfitz51 @NUFBRecruiting @AllenTrieu
June 16, 2023

Zurbrugg commits to Syracuse
COMMITTED to ‘Cuse!!!🍊🍊All glory to God! @CuseFootball @CoachBabersCuse @Coach_Beck7 @CoachM_Harris @GinoGigs @tdotbrew @AllenTrieu @AviatorFootbal1 @CoachGoodman1 pic.twitter.com/j5zi7v9Zt8
— Brendan Zurbrugg (@BrendanZurbrugg)
June 18, 2023

4 Star Jakhari Williams commits to Syracuse
It’s official #commited @CoachM_Harris @CoachBabersCuse @Jaime_Beck11
- Jakhari Williams (@JakhariWilliam4)
June 25, 2023

Zurbrugg flips to Northwestern
I’m blessed and excited to announce that I am flipping my commitment to Northwestern University! @coachfitz51 @NUCoachJake @NUFBFamily @AviatorFootbal1 @AllenTrieu
- Brendan Zurbrugg (@BrendanZurbrugg)
June 26, 2023

Zurbrugg offered by Oklahoma
After a great conversation with @CoachVenables I’m blessed to announce that I’ve received an offer from the University of Oklahoma!! @Coach_Leb @Rivals_Clint @AllenTrieu @AviatorFootbal1
July 18, 2023

It seems like you have your timeline and information mistaken, my friend
Zurbrugg flips to Oklahoma
COMMITTED! Gods plan! @Coach_Leb @CoachVenables @OU_Football @AllenTrieu @AviatorFootbal1
August 1, 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801-184954.png
    Screenshot_20230801-184954.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
Good for him that’s awesome
Huge deal for him, been quite a couple of months. I would think this is probably the commitment he'll stay with. What a run for EBC quarterbacks this year. There will be 4 of them playing D1 football in 2024, can't imagine a conference this small has ever had a run this good.

Zurbrugg- Oklahoma (SEC)
Johnson- Tulsa (American)
Deshields- Kent State (MAC)
Snyder- Sacred Heart (Northeast)

Team records for 2023-2024 season

Aviators 8-2
Salem 6-4
Minerva 0-10
Carrollton 5-5
Marlington 5-5
West branch 9-1

In all seriousness, why doesn’t Minerva take a page from Sebring. Go to 8 man football for awhile. Build up their win, and grow the program to come back to 11 man football.

You

Aviators 8-2
Salem 6-4
Minerva 0-10
Carrollton 5-5
Marlington 5-5
West branch 9-1

In all seriousness, why doesn’t Minerva take a page from Sebring. Go to 8 man football for awhile. Build up their win, and grow the program to come back to 11 man football.
you got WB losing to Canfield only I would imagine?

West Branch 9-1 (5-0)
Alliance 8-2 (4-1)
Salem 5-5 (3-2)
Carrollton 5-5 (2-3)
Marlington 3-7 (1-4)
Minerva 0-10 (0-5)

Aviators 8-2
Salem 6-4
Minerva 0-10
Carrollton 5-5
Marlington 5-5
West branch 9-1

Probably the traveling that they would have to do….Sebring would be the only local team that they could play

West Branch and Struthers scrimmage Friday morning in Beloit. These are two very talented teams who I think will be top challengers in their playoff region. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to meet somewhere down the road in the D4 playoffs, just like last season.

After a slow start, West Branch looked strong in posting a 3-1 first-team scrimmage win over Struthers Friday morning in Clinton Heacock Stadium. This was a matchup of two teams I think will be among the best in D4 Region 13 this season. West Branch won 4-1 overall, but 3-1 with the first teams. West Branch scored through the airways and on the ground. Its large starting offensive line, comprised of some first-year starters, played very well and gave 6-6 quarterback Beau Alazaus plenty of time, and he fired some darts to a bevy of talented receivers the Warriors have returning, including a pair of 1,000-yard receivers.

Alliance and Niles series going to continue?
This series is coming to an end. The Red Dragons are not on the schedule in 2024. Louisville will take Niles’s spot Week 2. Not sure why or who dropped who. I don’t understand why either. This is a throwback game especially for us older Alliance fans like myself.

don’t count out Marlington in many games. New coach, new life over there. Plus they added some great coaches as well
I have heard this as well. Coach Joe Cardinal a former Sebring graduate has the program going in the right direction. A couple of Marlington folks I spoke too claim their 7x7’s went well and the kids are very motivated.
Marlington also picked up former Alliance DC Abueteen. Not sure why or what happened. I didn’t always agree with what he did, but his defenses were always Multiple and aggressive, the kids loved him at Alliance. Also heard a couple of his former players are helping him at Marlington.

I look for the Dukes to be better this year but the EBC will come down to the Alliance @ West Branch game.

This series is coming to an end. The Red Dragons are not on the schedule in 2024. Louisville will take Niles’s spot Week 2. Not sure why or who dropped who. I don’t understand why either. This is a throwback game especially for us older Alliance fans like myself.
Happy for Louisville to be on the schedule but I liked the old school rival games of Niles - Alliance. Still say that a good conference would be Alliance, Marlington, Louisville, Canfield, Niles, Howland.

Alliance and West Branch looked every bit the part of EBC co-favorites in their respective scrimmages Friday. West Branch defeated Struthers 3-1 in the first-team portion of its scrimmage Friday morning and Alliance tied Federal League member Jackson 2-2 in the first-team portion of its scrimmage Friday night at Jackson. Jackson scored on a pass play on its final play of the first-team scrimmage to forge a tie with the Aviators, who moved the ball well throughout against the Polar Bears. Alliance quarterback Brendan Zurbrugg (headed to Oklahoma) threw a touchdown pass and the Aviators also scored on a seven-yard run.

Alliance and West Branch looked every bit the part of EBC co-favorites in their respective scrimmages Friday. West Branch defeated Struthers 3-1 in the first-team portion of its scrimmage Friday morning and Alliance tied Federal League member Jackson 2-2 in the first-team portion of its scrimmage Friday night at Jackson. Jackson scored on a pass play on its final play of the first-team scrimmage to forge a tie with the Aviators, who moved the ball well throughout against the Polar Bears. Alliance quarterback Brendan Zurbrugg (headed to Oklahoma) threw a touchdown pass and the Aviators also scored on a seven-yard run.
I thought Alliance looked physical upfront. Only think that concerns me is the depth of the team. Our team looks small numbers wise

I definitely thought Alliance had the better of it in the scrimmage with Jackson. As far as the overall numbers question, pretty sure I counted around 40 players (sophomore through senior classes) for Alliance at the Jackson scrimmage.

I definitely thought Alliance had the better of it in the scrimmage with Jackson. As far as the overall numbers question, pretty sure I counted around 40 players (sophomore through senior classes) for Alliance at the Jackson scrimmage.
That'll be the deciding factor on the Alliance vs West Branch game. At the top of the roster there's really no question that Alliance has the superior talent, but those 10-20th best players I think West Branch has a pretty significant edge

Alliance's Brendan Zurbrugg (headed to Oklahoma) is not only a multi-talented quarterback, but that young man can kick a football. I was watching Alliance practice situational field goals during its scrimmage at Jackson, and Zurbrugg hit a couple towering boots that would have been good from 45-to-50 yards. He hit one which went over the large Jackson end zone bleachers and sailed another 10 yards behind that. The ball ended up bouncing off the massive Jackson scoreboard located a good distance from the playing field.

I have heard this as well. Coach Joe Cardinal a former Sebring graduate has the program going in the right direction. A couple of Marlington folks I spoke too claim their 7x7’s went well and the kids are very motivated.
Marlington also picked up former Alliance DC Abueteen. Not sure why or what happened. I didn’t always agree with what he did, but his defenses were always Multiple and aggressive, the kids loved him at Alliance. Also heard a couple of his former players are helping him at Marlington.

I look for the Dukes to be better this year but the EBC will come down to the Alliance @ West Branch game.
In

I know what happened...and you do too!!