EBC Basketball 2022-2023

Definitely could get on board with Rinkes and Aukerman. Take Rinkes off that team and their season turns out totally different.
As for 1st team, Miller from Marlington, although Himelheber(?) could also be an option.
Gonzalez from Minerva and Diego from Alliance
WB and Salem seemed to have different guys step up on any given night. Neither team has a dominate, can’t do without type kid. Just several nice players.

Rinkes and Mallernee from Carrollton
Allen and Jackson from Alliance
Casey Miller from Marlington
Gonzalez from Mineva

Thats the probable 6???? Or does a WB or Salem guy slip in for Jackson?

Aukerman is COY, Rinkes is prob POY..... but I have been wrong before

Tournament update:

Carrollton beat River View by 20 at home

Minerva with a nice road win a loooooong way from home At Morgan

West Branch and Salem both lost

Alliance and Marlington both still alive with byes

Last night,
3 Alliance defeated 22 Geneva 81-54
21 Marlington lost to 2 Canfield 58-44

Tonight,
3 Carrollton hosts 14 Claymont
15 Minerva travels to 6 Indian Valley

Carrollton gets a chance to even the score with East Liverpool Wednesday, after beating Claymont 60-46.

Minerva exits the tourney, but not before giving Indian Valley all they wanted losing 46-39.

Watched the Minerva game.... boy they are gritty. They held the lead mid 4th, but some very questionable calls put them behind the 8-ball and didnt help their cause. They freshmen was great for them and I think the curly haired kid (yergar) is only a sophmore and was all over the place with loose balls and rebounds. It was a good high school basketball agme

Carrollton gets on the bus being handed a 47-43 loss. Like to start off by saying it's been a very enjoyable season. Would also like to congratulate Larry, Moe, and Curly for showing up tonight and impersonating game officials. Mallarnee with 2 very quick so called fouls,lots of phantom whistles and guessing. I believe we had 12 fouls alone in the second half, EL had 5 with 30 sec remaining. We missed plenty of shots at the rim, some with a guy hanging on us, some not. We also had some pretty stupid turnovers, but frustration can be tough to deal with.

In conclusion EL is not the reason we lost, nor are they the best team we played this year by any stretch. We beat ourselves, but just in case we couldn't get the job done by missing point blank shots and bad decision making, plan B( aka the stooges) were there to seal the deal. They were easily worth 10 points. Gotta love the river

Last edited:
Carrollton gets on the bus being handed a 47-43 loss. Like to start off by saying it's been a very enjoyable season. Would also like to congratulate Larry, Moe, and Curly for showing up tonight and impersonating game officials. Mallarnee with 2 very quick so called fouls,lots of phantom whistles and guessing. I believe we had 12 fouls alone in the second half, EL had 5 with 30 sec remaining. We missed plenty of shots at the rim, some with a guy hanging on us, some not. We also had some pretty stupid turnovers, but frustration can be tough to deal with.

In conclusion EL is not the reason we lost, nor are they the best team we played this year by any stretch. We beat ourselves, but just in case we couldn't get the job done by missing point blank shots and bad decision making, plan B( aka the stooges) were there to seal the deal. They were easily worth 10 points. Gotta love the river
Sounds like the officials I witnessed at the Louisville/Solon game last weekend. Very sketchy and inconsistent. Didn’t help or hurt either team, but killed the flow of the game to the point of being the main attraction all night. Icing a Louisville kid at the line shooting 2, to send a Solon kid over to the bench for no apparent reason and forcing Solon to use a timeout so the kid could stay in the game. Signaling the wrong player for a foul and stopping the game for 5 minutes to figure it all out. Along with bad calls/no calls, the kids for both teams were actually laughing and talking with each other about it with shrugged shoulders. Need better than that in tournament games.

As a fan of the EBC, and definitley not a fan of the Potters, I wanted to see the Warriors get the win. Having seen both teams play this year, I anticipated a very close game. Knowing how bad some officials can be, I still have a very hard time blaming them for a loss. You said yourself they had bad turnovers and missed shots. They also missed 6 FTs. Looking at the box score, Carrollton shot 14 FTs to East Liverpools 16. Pretty even. I highly doubt the refs had it in for Carrollton. Although they can have effect on the game, I can't believe the refs purposely cost the Warriors the win.

Congrats to Coach Aukerman and his team for a great season. Saw a post on Facebook that showed success in the younger grades as well. So the future looks bright.

As a fan of the EBC, and definitley not a fan of the Potters, I wanted to see the Warriors get the win. Having seen both teams play this year, I anticipated a very close game. Knowing how bad some officials can be, I still have a very hard time blaming them for a loss. You said yourself they had bad turnovers and missed shots. They also missed 6 FTs. Looking at the box score, Carrollton shot 14 FTs to East Liverpools 16. Pretty even. I highly doubt the refs had it in for Carrollton. Although they can have effect on the game, I can't believe the refs purposely cost the Warriors the win.

Congrats to Coach Aukerman and his team for a great season. Saw a post on Facebook that showed success in the younger grades as well. So the future looks bright.
No doubt we didn't play our best, and missed lots of shots at the rim, and i can accept that we're not moving on. What I have a problem with is the fact EL is advancing. They did less to earn the win. The majority of Carrollton's fouls were on the floor, so the total FTs shot are misleading. The problem with the whistles were very early in the game causing Mallarnee to sit and the 4th quarter calls/no calls. Carrollton was up 9 points in the second half, but when the 4th quarter began lots of the whistles started to have a serious stench to them. If you ever have a chance to catch the second half film anywhere let me know then what you think.

Lost in ot to Chaney. Hell of a game. Very excited for next year. We only lose 3 players. Chaney has a nice squad. It was a battle after halftime.

Lost in ot to Chaney. Hell of a game. Very excited for next year. We only lose 3 players. Chaney has a nice squad. It was a battle after halftime.
Were you guys battling the flu. Heard you didn't have everybody available? Bright future for the Aviators. Don't see anybody in the league having an answer for your point guard the next 3 years

Were you guys battling the flu. Heard you didn't have everybody available? Bright future for the Aviators. Don't see anybody in the league having an answer for your point guard the next 3 years
Zurb was missing. Didn’t have the story on that yet. J.R. Is going to be special. K’Vaughn Davis really impressed me last night.

Sounds like the officials I witnessed at the Louisville/Solon game last weekend. Very sketchy and inconsistent. Didn’t help or hurt either team, but killed the flow of the game to the point of being the main attraction all night. Icing a Louisville kid at the line shooting 2, to send a Solon kid over to the bench for no apparent reason and forcing Solon to use a timeout so the kid could stay in the game. Signaling the wrong player for a foul and stopping the game for 5 minutes to figure it all out. Along with bad calls/no calls, the kids for both teams were actually laughing and talking with each other about it with shrugged shoulders. Need better than that in tournament games.
Classes begin in September.

By the way Goshen, see if you can find any video on the Carr/EL game. I don't think you will. Somehow, mysteriously, Edison(the host school) is claiming an error with their hudl video. There are a few cell phone videos starting to emerge. None have made me change my opinion,