DVI Coldwater vs New Middletown Springfield Updates - 11/22

Springfield matched Coldwater punch for punch compared to the previous year against Anna. Congrats to the Coldwater Cavs on #7. These local teams except for NB in the 2nd half made it very exciting. I'm not sure how many more close games I can take watching this weekend after Van Wert & Coldwater.

wow they will always regret not going for it on 4th

no they won’t. Going for it would have been idiotic. They will regret the dropped pass that would have given them a 1st and put them in FG range. They will regret not punting the ball out of bounds, and really poor tackling.

That's on Springfield's coaching staff
Looked like the idea was sound, but Coldwater, namely the punt returner, out-executed the Springfield players. A great player made a play.

My initial thought in seeing that Springfield was punting was for their defense to watch out for something like a hook and ladder following the punt.

Last edited:
Yes, he dropped it, but pass should've been higher. He was wide open, no need for a low-ball.

wasn’t that low. Still an easily caught ball...that he did catch, but then lost control as he brought it into his body. Just a tragic break of focus at a vital moment. Nerves maybe.

Another great game!!

Yes it was. Some great championship match-ups this year. Congratulations to the winners and the runner-ups. Also kudos again to you for the play-by-play coverage on the games and for organizing this forum on a very challenging year.

Last edited: