DV State Semi-Final: Valley View (13-1) vs Ironton (14-0)

Who Wins?

• Valley View

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Ironton

Votes: 56 64.4%

• Total voters
That trick play in the 3rd while tied at 21 really destroyed momentum for VV, Ironton took control after that and VV just didn’t have the horses to punch again. Ironton is a very very good team and I’m proud of the way my Spartans fought represented themselves, their school, the town and the SWBL. Great season boys.

bought the live stream for this and played on my iPad while watching Springfield vs Moeller live. Valley View came in with a great gameplan and i think Ironton possibly overlooked the boys from Germantown to start. regardless, Ironton was just too talented across the board for Valley View to overcome for 4 quarters. VV played a phenomenal first half and gave Ironton everything they could handle.

Way to go Ironton! Back in the state title! So happy to see a team from SEO in the state title. Credit where credit is due to Valley View, they gave Ironton a game just wasn’t able to bring down the fighting tigers

That trick play in the 3rd while tied at 21 really destroyed momentum for VV, Ironton took control after that and VV just didn’t have the horses to punch again. Ironton is a very very good team and I’m proud of the way my Spartans fought represented themselves, their school, the town and the SWBL. Great season boys.
Agree on the trick play. horrible call. They had driven the field and didn’t need to do that and then force the turnover in the end zone.

Last edited:
Also note, fantastic sportsmanship by the Ironton players after that game. Making it a point to console a Valley View player. I’m glad I was able to watch that moment after such a tough loss.
Thank you for an incredible season Spartans!
Good luck to Ironton in the state championship.

Also note, fantastic sportsmanship by the Ironton players after that game. Making it a point to console a Valley View player. I’m glad I was able to watch that moment after such a tough loss.
Thank you for an incredible season Spartans!
Good luck to Ironton in the state championship.
This season has made me a long-distance admirer of both the Milton Union and Valley View programs. Tough kids with classy communities. Congratulations on a great season, and I hope to one day watch the rivalry game in person.