Dublin Coffman Rocks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coffman is MUCH closer to Liberty than they are PC. Coffman obviously better overall with a dominant 2-9 or whatever it is but I bet post season success isn’t a crazy gap like it is comparing 5 state title appearances and 2 titles to never getting to a state final. I am not sure exact number of how many times Coffman has even been to state-semi probably not much more than Liberty. I am a Crabtree fan and not a fan of what is going on at DC currently like many others but PC and Coffman are very different in a lot of ways including on field success.
I’m sure Liberty has closed that gap in the last 3-5 years. Geez, now we are arguing over what team is the most similar to Coffman. The point I attempted to make (which apparently I failed miserably at) was that PC would most likely stay in house if Sharrett were to retire as to not change a winning “culture”. If they didn’t stay in house, I would expect the PC community to not deal with an outside coach attempting to change their “culture”.

My guess would be that the new Minster coach hasn’t invested time in the middle school staff.
actually because we are playing Freshman and sophomores because of injuries and the small amount of Junior and seniors that are out for football.... I would put some of the blame on Stokes on the number of juniors and seniors that are in the program....

It’s idiotic because the level of success between PC and Coffman is incomparable. I love Coffman. But it’s not even close. Whatever culture Coffman has had is dwarfed by central.
and I know this is going to trigger Harry, but while both schools have had their share of transfers, only one school has had a coach suspended for illegal contact. This matters. Coffman administrators wanted changes. Pick central did not.
The schools aren’t run similar at all. Sharrett was anointed the future head coach long before jack retired. mark was an outsider when Tudor left. Coffman doesn’t operate like pick central.
lomonico will likely leave when Sharrett does anyway
Sharrett and PC Admin have had the benefit in the past of their former Superintendent Dan Ross hold the Executive Director position of the OHSAA for 15 years.

I think this definitely had an impact on how things were run at PC as a whole.

Sharrett has the titles and H2H record vs Crabtree, but I would argue that Crabtree has been able to do more with less talent during his tenure at Coffman.

Sharrett and PC Admin have had the benefit in the past of their former Superintendent Dan Ross hold the Executive Director position of the OHSAA for 15 years.

I think this definitely had an impact on how things were run at PC as a whole.

Sharrett has the titles and H2H record vs Crabtree, but I would argue that Crabtree has been able to do more with less talent during his tenure at Coffman.
Sucha statement is insulting to the efforts of Coach Sharrett and Lomonico. You can have all the talent in the world. Does not mean your gonna earn a ring……let alone two and compete for a 3rd…..PC and DC have had some real good stretches here….hard work and long hours out in my a lot of people…..not the product of just talent showing up…..this thread is spiraling…..

No one has the size speed and favorable football demographic along with some key transfers that PC has . The difference in what they are on a yearly basis from say the earlier 2000’s to say 2010 to what they are now is stark . Demographics , much bigger up front more athletes . Dwarf Coffman in favorable demographics size and speed and will for the next couple decades . Coffman will never be athletically close to Pick schools again for a long while . They got closer recently but that was with a bad culture . Coffman will have very few or may be no kids want to be part of this program because it’s special for a while . The administration has made it clear they were embarrassed by some of the kids . Those kids will want to go elsewhere . They got the coach they got for a reason . They won’t win a lot but they administration will feel better and be comfortable . The. Era of consistent success is done for a while . Make an argument as to why I’m wrong . How is next year going to better ? The year after ? The team will be less athletic and less talented for the foreseeable future .

Last edited:
Sucha statement is insulting to the efforts of Coach Sharrett and Lomonico. You can have all the talent in the world. Does not mean your gonna earn a ring……let alone two and compete for a 3rd…..PC and DC have had some real good stretches here….hard work and long hours out in my a lot of people…..not the product of just talent showing up…..this thread is spiraling…..
Not trying to insult what so ever. I know Jeff and his family personally and trust me I know how much effort they pour into that program.

Was trying to point out discrepancies between the two admins and how they relate to the football program.

The consistency in which both programs have won at is unheard of and is something that should be celebrated.

Good effort in trying to spin my post though.

Most Admin want to hire their own people. Especially when a coach has been at a place for a long time. The coach becomes too powerful. AD's & Principals want to hire someone that is their guy. This happens all the time: Terwilliger leaving Olentangy... didn't hire the inside guy, defensive coordinator. White at Davidson, Crabtree at Coffman, etc.. Admin want to bring in someone from the outside they can control / have power over.

For example, Hartley hired a new Principal (Kowaski)... he cannot stand Burchfield, partly because Bruchfield is the most powerful person at the school and controls everything. Whenever Burch leaves he will decide who to hire... will go outside of current staff to find someone he wants.

I’m sure Liberty has closed that gap in the last 3-5 years. Geez, now we are arguing over what team is the most similar to Coffman. The point I attempted to make (which apparently I failed miserably at) was that PC would most likely stay in house if Sharrett were to retire as to not change a winning “culture”. If they didn’t stay in house, I would expect the PC community to not deal with an outside coach attempting to change their “culture”.
True, Jeff Lomonico would take over at PC if coach Sharrett retired or stepped down any time soon.

Not trying to insult what so ever. I know Jeff and his family personally and trust me I know how much effort they pour into that program.

Was trying to point out discrepancies between the two admins and how they relate to the football program.

The consistency in which both programs have won at is unheard of and is something that should be celebrated.

that makes sense….esp with regards to admins….no spin attempt either btw. Far from it.

Best wishes to The players and coaches tonight and the rest of the way! A rough year for the Rocks indeed! Excited to see how the next few years unfold! One way or another this will all be okay gentlemen!!KEEP GRINDING!!! GO ROCKS!!!

Davidson game kind of summed up the Coffman season pretty well. Ole defense [Might as well wave a cape at the ball carriers } , poor tackling , and pretty consistently give up about 40 . Check check check . I can't be brutally honest indefinitely. So as we enter the last home game [ Not going by choice not from an another commitment, call it fair weather fan if you will, but not going to the same bad movie back-to-back Friday's. Can't do it. Goodfellas , the Departed ? Those movies I can go to multiple times with different people. Coffman football 2021 ? Sorry , i just can't watch the same exact thing each week. Offense will have a chance to move the ball but the defense which is playing a handful of kids who are in a bad position. it's not their fault that they have to play this year . In any other year in the last 20 they would be playing on Saturday mornings . You can't play the schedule they do with this many players on defense who are at the JV level.

Davidson went through it last year . Their defense isn't Davidson like again this year but better as I expect Coffman to be next year ? Not sure about that TBH, but they 'should " be . When you play good teams with too many JV level guys you give up big plays big yards and a lot of points. That's what we see each week. The Rocks have been a very hospitable host this year. They give up 39 a game, with their opponents having a lot of time and or space to operate . They have given up a handful of either TD's or longer runs on KO's , they were very generous sharing the ball with Liberty [5 turnovers} and basically teams coming into Coffman Stadium have found the accommodations better than at any time in over 25 years .

Fans and teams come in with zero apprehension and leave smiling . OK Jerome wasn't smiling exactly , but they did set a school record with 3 Kick returns for TD's . UA comes to Dublin tonight. They have lost to the Rocks 8 straight times in mostly really close go either way games. This won't be one of them. For the first time that I can remember this game wasn't included in the staff picks at This week's news sports. Obvious unanimous pick . FIRST time . Cal Preps accurately has this line at 34 . I think the Rocks can cover it because the offense and QB are good enough to score 'some" points and UA does not run up the score on folks. I expect UA to not be unfocused like they were against a gritty Orange team who played UA surprisingly well on the stat sheet snap for snap and were only down 7-3 at the break.

My score prediction is 42-14 so a cover for the hospitable hosts. In trying to be more positive lets take a quick look at the 8 game streak that will come to an end tonight .

Last loss was 2012 when an undefeated 9-0 Rocks team laid a huge egg and lost to an average UA team 23-14 , 6 turnovers and having a pooch KO not covered giving UA the ball again doomed the Rocks .

2013 - Rocks needing a win to get into the play-offs pull out a 17-14 win with a great last drive led by Junior Dre Kendrick and an improved O-line who got it done against a disappointing UA team that were the king at the younger levels , beating both Coffman and Davidson by 35-40 points at the Frosh level. Coffman Seniors really improved as they lost most of their games at the MS level and Frosh year was MEH at best including that blowout loss to UA. Team beat up Centerville the next week in the play-offs before falling to Wayne the next week. Centerville opened up a can on them in a pre-season scrimmage as the staff did one of their best coaching jobs as the team opened at 1-3 and had to win every game to make it in including that week 10 rival game with UA.

2014 - 9-0 Rocks team won 20-19 vs a gutsy UA team , as Coffman held on at the end . That excellent Rocks team went toe to toe with a Wayne team losing a shootout, Wayne later made the final losing to St Eds.

2015 - Coffman needing a win after squandering an 18 point lead to Central Crossing in the last 5 minutes got it in a shootout. 38-31 . Kentucky recruit Gunnar Hoak was outstanding as was Soph. RB Sturdivant , [Sr. RB Headings who missed most the year also had two Td's } and UA was led by two Senior transfers QB Murducco and Slot/ WR / RB Speight.

2016 - UA comes into Coffman stadium and does whatever it wants grabbing a 21-0 lead . Rocks score late in the half has the XP blocked and are down 21-6 . Rocks defense shots them out led by an inspirational effort by Duke recruit and wrestling heavyweight state runner up Ben Frye , and the Rocks come all the way back led by a running game that wore down the Bears . Casey Kirk a Cincinnati walk on and back-up player led the way . Rocks win 27-21 holding off the Bears only second half drive with Ibn Willaimson picking off a pass .

2017 - Rocks came out and were as flat as Olive Oyl . I mean they were sitting out a few kids including leader Griffin Hoak, but this was bad. UA missed a couple short field goals or the 7-0 margin could have been worse. Rocks woke up a bit and got back in the game when TE Holcomb [Air Force} made a catch near the sideline and ran through a couple kids galloping into the end zone from about 35 yards out.
RB Cam Scott scored the game winner on a 4th and goal from the inch line , making it by an inch. UA had a few throws late to the end zone as the Rocks were very sloppy trying to close out the game . 14-7 final

2018 - A cold windy rainy night . Miserable . A 8-1 Rocks team beats a 5-4 UA team 17-0 in an ugly game. Junior DE Sebastian Bramonte picked off a screen pass and raced into the end zone . Bramonte who was a good story of working hard and improving his game , strength and speed was a big loss the next year as he and his family moved to Florida for his Senior year . I really believe that if the 2019 defense that held Springfield to 7 points [Still lost outgaining S-Field but not being able to score more than 3 } wasn't missing Michigan State recruit AJ Kirk and Bramonte they may be go as far as any Rocks team ever.

2019 - Rocks get down early, were behind early second half , but rally . Drennan was in his usual place on the sideline , Threats was hurt and missed portions of the game , so OLB and Minnesota recruit Devon Williams carried the ball for a while. Threats re-entered and did what he does. Finds the end zone . 28-14 win.

2020 - Bears and Gresock get off to a 14-0 lead , the Rocks come back , the game is in the balance , but the Rocks make a few plays [Threats again} . First time this game isn't played in week 10 in quite some time . Bears down 21-14 late has a pass picked by DB Austin who takes it to the house . 28-14 final again .

This year is a different day at the start of a different era. Some seem to think it's the start of a glorious era of football because the previous staff who they felt was lacking is gone. I've heard some pretty dumb musings [OK that's harsh, I'll say misguided } in these spaces. We have a real coach now who will right that embarrassing ship that was the last 20 years . Basketball program is eroding with kids transferring out [McDonald the latest heading down Brand road to Jerome AD's son and terrific player and great kid AJ[Ohio recruit} will get to be a one man band basically so that's a positive thing right?} } the football program looks like it's in trouble in terms of winning anyway going forward . {Adminstration and AD Legacy will be tarnished IMO if things continue like this although girls sports are doing pretty well overall } May be success will be measured another way now. The administration wanted a clean break from the embarrassments . The Administrations stated embarrassment is still kind of present. It's just in a different form .

Bears break the streak and just might build one of their own in this series going forward. If this is in fact the start of a longer Bear winning streak vs. Coffman , take heart Rocks faithful . We will lose the 'right " way . Bears 41- 13

Last edited:
Davidson game kind of summed up the Coffman season pretty well. Ole defense [Might as well wave a cape at the ball carriers } , poor tackling , and pretty consistently give up about 40 . Check check check . I can't be brutally honest indefinitely. So as we enter the last home game [ Not going by choice not from an another commitment, call it fair weather fan if you will, but not going to the same bad movie back-to-back Friday's. Can't do it. Goodfellas , the Departed ? Those movies I can go to multiple times with different people. Coffman football 2021 ? Sorry , i just can't watch the same exact thing each week. Offense will have a chance to move the ball but the defense which is playing a handful of kids who are in a bad position. it's not their fault that they have to play this year . In any other year in the last 20 they would be playing on Saturday mornings . You can't play the schedule they do with this many players on defense who are at the JV level.

Davidson went through it last year . Their defense isn't Davidson like again this year but better as I expect Coffman to be next year ? Not sure about that TBH, but they 'should " be . When you play good teams with too many JV level guys you give up big plays big yards and a lot of points. That's what we see each week. The Rocks have been a very hospitable host this year. They give up 39 a game, with their opponents having a lot of time and or space to operate . They have given up a handful of either TD's or longer runs on KO's , they were very generous sharing the ball with Liberty [5 turnovers} and basically teams coming into Coffman Stadium have found the accommodations better than at any time in over 25 years .

Fans and teams come in with zero apprehension and leave smiling . OK Jerome wasn't smiling exactly , but they did set a school record with 3 Kick returns for TD's . UA comes to Dublin tonight. They have lost to the Rocks 8 straight times in mostly really close go either way games. This won't be one of them. For the first time that I can remember this game wasn't included in the staff picks at This week's news sports. Obvious unanimous pick . FIRST time . Cal Preps accurately has this line at 34 . I think the Rocks can cover it because the offense and QB are good enough to score 'some" points and UA does not run up the score on folks. I expect UA to not be unfocused like they were against a gritty Orange team who played UA surprisingly well on the stat sheet snap for snap and were only down 7-3 at the break.

My score prediction is 42-14 so a cover for the hospitable hosts. In trying to be more positive lets take a quick look at the 8 game streak that will come to an end tonight .

Last loss was 2012 when an undefeated 9-0 Rocks team laid a huge egg and lost to an average UA team 23-14 , 6 turnovers and having a pooch KO not covered giving UA the ball again doomed the Rocks .

2013 - Rocks needing a win to get into the play-offs pull out a 17-14 win with a great last drive led by Junior Dre Kendrick and an improved O-line who got it done against a disappointing UA team that were the king at the younger levels , beating both Coffman and Davidson by 35-40 points at the Frosh level. Coffman Seniors really improved as they lost most of their games at the MS level and Frosh year was MEH at best including that blowout loss to UA. Team beat up Centerville the next week in the play-offs before falling to Wayne the next week. Centerville opened up a can on them in a pre-season scrimmage as the staff did one of their best coaching jobs as the team opened at 1-3 and had to win every game to make it in including that week 10 rival game with UA.

2014 - 9-0 Rocks team won 20-19 vs a gutsy UA team , as Coffman held on at the end . That excellent Rocks team went toe to toe with a Wayne team losing a shootout, Wayne later made the final losing to St Eds.

2015 - Coffman needing a win after squandering an 18 point lead to Central Crossing in the last 5 minutes got it in a shootout. 38-31 . Kentucky recruit Gunnar Hoak was outstanding as was Soph. RB Sturdivant , [Sr. RB Headings who missed most the year also had two Td's } and UA was led by two Senior transfers QB Murducco and Slot/ WR / RB Speight.

2016 - UA comes into Coffman stadium and does whatever it wants grabbing a 21-0 lead . Rocks score late in the half has the XP blocked and are down 21-6 . Rocks defense shots them out led by an inspirational effort by Duke recruit and wrestling heavyweight state runner up Ben Frye , and the Rocks come all the way back led by a running game that wore down the Bears . Casey Kirk a Cincinnati walk on and back-up player led the way . Rocks win 27-21 holding off the Bears only second half drive with Ibn Willaimson picking off a pass .

2017 - Rocks came out and were as flat as Olive Oyl . I mean they were sitting out a few kids including leader Griffin Hoak, but this was bad. UA missed a couple short field goals or the 7-0 margin could have been worse. Rocks woke up a bit and got back in the game when TE Holcomb [Air Force} made a catch near the sideline and ran through a couple kids galloping into the end zone from about 35 yards out.
RB Cam Scott scored the game winner on a 4th and goal from the inch line , making it by an inch. UA had a few throws late to the end zone as the Rocks were very sloppy trying to close out the game . 14-7 final

2018 - A cold windy rainy night . Miserable . A 8-1 Rocks team beats a 5-4 UA team 17-0 in an ugly game. Junior DE Sebastian Bramonte picked off a screen pass and raced into the end zone . Bramonte who was a good story of working hard and improving his game , strength and speed was a big loss the next year as he and his family moved to Florida for his Senior year . I really believe that if the 2019 defense that held Springfield to 7 points [Still lost outgaining S-Field but not being able to score more than 3 } wasn't missing Michigan State recruit AJ Kirk and Bramonte they may be go as far as any Rocks team ever.

2019 - Rocks get down early, were behind early second half , but rally . Drennan was in his usual place on the sideline , Threats was hurt and missed portions of the game , so OLB and Minnesota recruit Devon Williams carried the ball for a while. Threats re-entered and did what he does. Finds the end zone . 28-14 win.

2020 - Bears and Gresock get off to a 14-0 lead , the Rocks come back , the game is in the balance , but the Rocks make a few plays [Threats again} . First time this game isn't played in week 10 in quite some time . Bears down 21-14 late has a pass picked by DB Austin who takes it to the house . 28-14 final again .

This year is a different day at the start of a different era. Some seem to think it's the start of a glorious era of football because the previous staff who they felt was lacking is gone. I've heard some pretty dumb musings [OK that's harsh, I'll say misguided } in these spaces. We have a real coach now who will right that embarrassing ship that was the last 20 years . Basketball program is eroding with kids transferring out [McDonald the latest heading down Brand road to Jerome AD's son and terrific player and great kid AJ[Ohio recruit} will get to be a one man band basically so that's a positive thing right?} } the football program looks like it's in trouble in terms of winning anyway going forward . {Adminstration and AD Legacy will be tarnished IMO if things continue like this } May be success will be measured another way now. The administration wanted a clean break from the embarrassments . The embarrassment is still kind of present. It's just in a different form .

Bears break the streak and just might build one of their own in this series going forward. If this is in fact the start of a longer Bear winning streak vs. Coffman , take heart Rocks faithful . We will lose the 'right " way . Bears 41- 13
HC, quick question and a genuine one, as I know you are a long time faithful fan of the program........you state often that you root for the rocks and want to see them succeed.....lately i have piked up a tone (could be wron.g.....tone thru text is often misinterpreted) that you are down on coach Stokes.......are you questioning the hire and if he was the rght choice................do you think the ;rubbing the wrong way; many have mentioned will see him move on sooner instead of later?....again genuine q, not trying to poke the bear/TV dept czar....thx HC

HC, quick question and a genuine one, as I know you are a long time faithful fan of the program........you state often that you root for the rocks and want to see them succeed.....lately i have piked up a tone (could be wron.g.....tone thru text is often misinterpreted) that you are down on coach Stokes.......are you questioning the hire and if he was the rght choice................do you think the ;rubbing the wrong way; many have mentioned will see him move on sooner instead of later?....again genuine q, not trying to poke the bear/TV dept czar....thx HC
Have stated many times that I think Stokes is a very good coach and leader I will always hope for success for any Rocks team including football . The tone is obvious. I am not denying it's been negative lately. A few different things can be be true at once . I wish I could be more positive . I really do . But crapping on the previous staff , this perception that things were done the wrong way. Clean break right?

Some of these decision makers are sanctimonious self-righteous posers is my opinion . Some racism ? Absolutely . Decided to be brutally honest. People can disagree with my opinions. If you talk to ANYIONE they ALL claim they aren't racist aren't judgmental and aren't horse's azzes . I've already gone over this in other posts . I've seen a lot of things , read a lot of things and heard a ,lot of things in the community that I would never repeat here to protect the guilty. Things like the reaction to Crabtree's inclusive message to his team last summer was telling and indicative of where we are in this community . Time for a clean break from that staff . Yes everyone will claim ignorance and say this isn't the case . It's uncomfortable . That era is ended . This one will look different in a variety of ways. . Some positive for some , for some others ? not so much . I get that Stokes is going to be a hero to some parents whose kids are actually starting now .

Most kids weren't good enough to do so last year and COVID season was CHALLENGING for everyone including Coach Stokes team in Minster which struggled and is downright bad this year. Crabtree being blamed for THIS YEARS failure? Weak sauce. Stokes taking responsibilityfor the Minster disaster ? Of course not . He isn't perfect . He would admit that. Wasn't rooting for anyone to get the job . Knew of Stokes from a couple Minster sources and have another couple now. Did a deep dive finding out who he is and what he is about. I have talked to parents as I stated yesterday and two kids who both like Stokes , BUT they in no way chit on the previous staff and liked being part of the former staff's program too . You can like the hire and not have the opinion that gthere were these big problems in the previous regime.

Some Rocks parents and 'Fans " thought Crabtree treated who they thought were bad kids [weren't like their kids} too lightly . Obvious reasons. [Some of these kids who kind of embarrassed the 'Adminstration " were among the hardest working players on the team by the way }Well that staff is gone now. Kids will now be held accountable right? Trained and developed the 'RIGHT" way . . No kids will want to come into the program from the outside anymore . That is for sure . It will go the other way. Kids will leave if anything. I hope not . Not blaming Stokes . He has only coached kids who are typical of the average Dublin kid at Minster . No explanation needed. I know many will disagree and claim that Crabtree was the problem . He wasn't . What are the things that make you more optimistic than me concerning how the team will do in the next few years?

You can like Stokes overall but not get with his trashing the previous successful staff going as far as blaming them for his first teams performance .

Last edited:
I would say Leon's for BBQ and Beer, Marysville Sports Pub for Wings and Beer.

If you want Pizza Benny's but the outside might be dicey today as ran will be here this afternoon.
Yes rain dictates that. But Sunny and warm days on that patio have been very enjoyable over the years.

I think the confusion was over your intent of your statement. It could be interpreted two different ways.

1. PC has the OHSAA commissioner in their pocket and can do what they want.

or

2. PC's old superintendent is now the commissioner of OHSAA so they know to tow the line.

I know Dan Ross, Worked for him while he was in Pickerington. He and I both started in the district the same year, I was one of his first hires. I'm hoping your intent was choice 2. If anything I think he would have come down harder on a district he has ties to. Kind of like the commish on Blue Bloods with his own.

I think the confusion was over your intent of your statement. It could be interpreted two different ways.

1. PC has the OHSAA commissioner in their pocket and can do what they want.

or

2. PC's old superintendent is now the commissioner of OHSAA so they know to tow the line.

I know Dan Ross, Worked for him while he was in Pickerington. He and I both started in the district the same year, I was one of his first hires. I'm hoping your intent was choice 2. If anything I think he would have come down harder on a district he has ties to. Kind of like the commish on Blue Bloods with his own.
PC had someone]s} ruled ineligible back because of transfer rules, but no suspension.for the staff Who wouldn't wouldn't want to play for them ? UA beat them back in 2015 and 2016 , could they do it again ?

Have stated many times that I think Stokes is a very good coach and leader I will always hope for success for any Rocks team including football . The tone is obvious. I am not denying it's been negative lately. A few different things can be be true at once . I wish I could be more positive . I really do . But crapping on the previous staff , this perception that things were done the wrong way. Clean break right?

Some of these decision makers are sanctimonious self-righteous posers is my opinion . Some racism ? Absolutely . Decided to be brutally honest. People can disagree with my opinions. If you talk to ANYIONE they ALL claim they aren't racist aren't judgmental and aren't horse's azzes . I've already gone over this in other posts . I've seen a lot of things , read a lot of things and heard a ,lot of things in the community that I would never repeat here to protect the guilty. Things like the reaction to Crabtree's inclusive message to his team last summer was telling and indicative of where we are in this community . Time for a clean break from that staff . Yes everyone will claim ignorance and say this isn't the case . It's uncomfortable . That era is ended . This one will look different in a variety of ways. . Some positive for some , for some others ? not so much . I get that Stokes is going to be a hero to some parents whose kids are actually starting now .

Most kids weren't good enough to do so last year and COVID season was CHALLENGING for everyone including Coach Stokes team in Minster which struggled and is downright bad this year. Crabtree being blamed for THIS YEARS failure? Weak sauce. Stokes taking responsibilityfor the Minster disaster ? Of course not . He isn't perfect . He would admit that. Wasn't rooting for anyone to get the job . Knew of Stokes from a couple Minster sources and have another couple now. Did a deep dive finding out who he is and what he is about. I have talked to parents as I stated yesterday and two kids who both like Stokes , BUT they in no way chit on the previous staff and liked being part of the former staff's program too . You can like the hire and not have the opinion that gthere were these big problems in the previous regime.

Some Rocks parents and 'Fans " thought Crabtree treated who they thought were bad kids [weren't like their kids} too lightly . Obvious reasons. [Some of these kids who kind of embarrassed the 'Adminstration " were among the hardest working players on the team by the way }Well that staff is gone now. Kids will now be held accountable right? Trained and developed the 'RIGHT" way . . No kids will want to come into the program from the outside anymore . That is for sure . It will go the other way. Kids will leave if anything. I hope not . Not blaming Stokes . He has only coached kids who are typical of the average Dublin kid at Minster . No explanation needed. I know many will disagree and claim that Crabtree was the problem . He wasn't . What are the things that make you more optimistic than me concerning how the team will do in the next few years?

You can like Stokes overall but not get with his trashing the previous successful staff going as far as blaming them for his first teams performance .
I appreciate the indepth explanation.....you obviosuly see the layers that others (myself included) do not and cannot (either by choice or lack of familiarty with the program and community).....what gives me optimism......tbh im not sure right now.......prob more of a hope then anything.....i think it is fair to say my torch has dimmed a bit based of what ive seen an heard....still root hard for the program and the kids mroe then anything but......narrative is not ok in my book either (not just flat out incorrect but also more then a bit wrong to promote ) and the output fridays leaves a lot to be desired..........woudl like to see progress of "right. " way taking shape....some glimpses on o, not so much other phases and elements of the game/program......

Week 9

Hot and humid out there as we get towards week 9 . Rain later? Gonna run these by quickly as i have run out of time as getting things off of your chest sometimes takes too much of it away. Done with the putting down exactly what I am thinking for a bit . Will be honest but the recent subject matter is done for a while. This could be the last year being in these spaces TBH. Been a 12-13 year thing and the current DC year thread and it's content has been going for a while nlow as well. Sometimes it's just time . Think Coffman will be improved next year in some caapcity , not sure about the overall results though. Schedule dependant. Kids will get stronger adn become more confident and get to trust the coaches more and that could help results but to what extent? That will be something that we wait for . I know some are expecting a huge jump because of Stokes ability as a leader and coach. I hope they are right .

Big Nut - 16 Scioto -

Line is a bit high . Scioto is hot . Beat up Kilbourne by about the same margin as Big Nut did and then the Irish have steamrolled some weaker opponents , but also a solid Canal team 21-0 . Big Nut was tied at Kilbourne well into the second half before ending the game on a 28-0 run .

BW run game is punishing people . Irish can be explosive. Worst case scenario is the back door is open . Revenge spot for Big Nut as they lost twice last year including losing comfortably in the play-Offs

See this game being closer like the Kilbourne game but the Irish staying closer into the 4th quarter

BW 31 Irish 20

Jerome - 10 Olentangy -

Revenge spot for the Braves who had a good team last year and were surprised by Jerome . Solis was speaking about how big his play-book is. How many formations and plays they run out of many formations. Solis's has always had a tough scheme to prepare for. They run a lot of the same stuff , but change the motion and the formation within the same basic play. Quick passing , and the QB has to read things quickly and well . Jerome off of a brutal loss last week. How can they rebound? By doing a lot of what they did with Berlin but finish the game . 10 seems a bit high . Really tough call but the Celts have a bit too much here.

Jerome 27 Tangy 16

Week 9 Cont.

Marysville - 21 Berlin- I will let Kramer explain this one with some more insight. Berlin is a tough team to figure out week to week. They seem to have Darby's number but probably should havev lost to Jerome last week and barely beat Orange. M-Ville has been as consistent as anyone in CO. Perhaps the most consistent.

I think they can run it on Berlin whose run defense has improved though, and they will have trouble running it themselves. Do they want the Soph. QB running it 15-20 times adn possibly take a pretty big beating? I wouldn't employ that strategy myself. Can Berlin give QB time to get the ball downfield? 21 is a lot here . Berlin did handle Darby better than M-Ville did but Jerome was crushed by M-Ville and Berlin escaped barely. . But most of the evidence points towards the Monarchs. It just is M-Ville's year .

M-Ville 31 Berlin 9

Week 9. Ont.

Bradley -17 at Orange -

Orange has proven they will fight and not quit . Played well vs UA . Bradley got out gained by Liberty but held them to 3 points . Bradley plays pretty good defense

HB 24 Orange 10

Liberty - 4 at Davidson

Davidson will face a tougher defense this week . Won’t get 10 yards a play . Liberty won’t face a defense like Bradley . Close game

Liberty 27. Davidson 20

Last edited:
Week 9

Hot and humid out there as we get towards week 9 . Rain later? Gonna run these by quickly as i have run out of time as getting things off of your chest sometimes takes too much of it away. Done with the putting down exactly what I am thinking for a bit . Will be honest but the recent subject matter is done for a while. This could be the last year being in these spaces TBH. Been a 12-13 year thing and the current DC year thread and it's content has been going for a while nlow as well. Sometimes it's just time . Think Coffman will be improved next year in some caapcity , not sure about the overall results though. Schedule dependant. Kids will get stronger adn become more confident and get to trust the coaches more and that could help results but to what extent? That will be something that we wait for . I know some are expecting a huge jump because of Stokes ability as a leader and coach. I hope they are right .

Big Nut - 16 Scioto -

Line is a bit high . Scioto is hot . Beat up Kilbourne by about the same margin as Big Nut did and then the Irish have steamrolled some weaker opponents , but also a solid Canal team 21-0 . Big Nut was tied at Kilbourne well into the second half before ending the game on a 28-0 run .

BW run game is punishing people . Irish can be explosive. Worst case scenario is the back door is open . Revenge spot for Big Nut as they lost twice last year including losing comfortably in the play-Offs

See this game being closer like the Kilbourne game but the Irish staying closer into the 4th quarter

BW 31 Irish 20

Jerome - 10 Olentangy -

Revenge spot for the Braves who had a good team last year and were surprised by Jerome . Solis was speaking about how big his play-book is. How many formations and plays they run out of many formations. Solis's has always had a tough scheme to prepare for. They run a lot of the same stuff , but change the motion and the formation within the same basic play. Quick passing , and the QB has to read things quickly and well . Jerome off of a brutal loss last week. How can they rebound? By doing a lot of what they did with Berlin but finish the game . 10 seems a bit high . Really tough call but the Celts have a bit too much here.

Jerome 27 Tangy 16

If you expect the rocks not to quit you can’t quit. Quitters never win. I’m rooting for you. you need to learn to be relentless.

Week 9 Cont.

NA - 9 at Pick North -

Nice line . flip it up .

NA 23 North 13

PC - 24 at Lancaster -

Rivalry games even if it's more of a rivalry to one of the teams often closes the gap between teams talent wise. Watterson -DeSales - Davidson -Coffman over the years , UA-Coffman - PN -PC this year , to name just a few, and of course these teams . Lancaster losing by a point to an eventual state champ ? . Emotion and styles can narrow larger gaps. Not thinking this year in this case

PC 35- Lancaster 7

So participation from Juniors and Seniors at Minster went down the last couple years ? Why ?
Stokes song and dance must have gotten old even though they were winning at a high level. He must have saw the writing on the wall. Not sure how other schools win without him though since his way is the only way to win.

Got busy at work today, but you nailed the score for Berlin/Marysville. Berlin was matching up really well to start the game, but just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. They had forced MV to punt 1st 2 possessions with only a first down or 2, but on the first play of their second possession Berlin tried a really stupid trick play with a stretch handoff followed by a backwards pass, which was blown up because it took too long to develop and the ball was batted backwards like 20 yards and MV recovered and had a short field for an easy TD.

Next drive MV was batting down passes, winning LOS, Berlin had to punt again, but once again stopped MV in their own end and was playing pretty damned good defense. After another futile offensive possession, the heavens opened up and it was raining as hard as I've seen in a long time. Berlin punted to Powers (who both punted and returned), their kids were playing in slow motion due to the rain and Powers just ran thru everyone for a TD and the game was over.

Berlin came out throwing in the 2nd half and managed to put a score on the board and a couple of decent drives together, but they were never able to effectively run the ball. They were driving down 21-6, but failed on a 4th down and that was it. Powers played a big role in pass rush and knocked down a couple passes, but I honestly don't remember him getting a single tackle all night.

Berlin did have receivers running open in the secondary, but per usual, had trouble getting them the ball either due to rain or poor execution. I definitely think Marysville will be vulnerable in the team speed area and against a team who can truly throw the ball in a pro set (and has the dudes to protect long enough). A team like Springfield with skill position athletes is likely to run circles around them, not to mention a throwing team like St X. Very tough team, incredible run D capable of stopping 98% of Ohio schools, but this is not a regional champion team IMO, let alone one that can threaten for a state title.

Berlin will wait to see how the playoffs shake out now, should hopefully get 2 home games and see from there. Brewster was definitely not himself after getting banged up last week, had to be helped off again this week, they need him healthy for a playoff run. Big Walnut is welcome to draw Massillons side of the bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.