Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

My purpose will be this: when you say stupid things and act like you know what you’re talking about, but you really have no clue.

My purpose will be to give truth facts and actualities.

I have a feeling you’ll keep me busy ?

So in detail please , tell me what I have no clue about ? What stupid thing did I say? Am I not negative enough for you concerning the 20 year tenure of the last staff and or HC? Why do you feel it necessary to crap on the program city , players and culture? Do you have kids in the building ? Do you live here ? Do you go to games? Is your opinion and some other racist older person in the building's opinion worth a real lot? Is your hearsay supposed to be believed implicitly . Do you not have an agenda? Have you not spewed negativity towards the program for many years now ? What facts have I got wrong? Truth? or opinion? Actualities means ? Yes you chit on the whole athletic department hate the current culture and that makes sense for OBVIOUS reasons . What is your honest beef with all things Dublin and especially Crabtree and his program. I am a fan and never claimed anything else. Your agenda is obvious . I am honest and not always complimentary but see no need to denigrate a program that has absolutely no reason to feel any shame as you obviously feel it should{ What IS your real problem?}

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Geron already.

Dude the Coffman thread has been here for years { and the other site} , and has NEVER been a place that crushes the coaches and trashes the program or other coaches and programs . Honest opinions are not always super positive of course , but generally it's very supportive and d besides a few Dublin trolls { Obviously this azzz AHM } who are older east side of Columbus Catholic school fans who seem to love trashing Dublin and the Coffman program . No need to feel for Geron whatsoever .

He has the full support of the school , the administration , and the community who despite what this buffoon says is very supportive and really interested in their kids doing well and being led by a coach like Geron.

Kids work and want to be good . They are used to winning . Rebuild will be a lot of work , but I am sure he will do a great job . The venom that the trolls have is for the previous 20 year regime . They like me love the hire it seems and while I'm hoping that they stay away for the most part{ Fat chance } they will have little negative to say I am sure . Read my posts the last 6 weeks. I love the hire and love the positive traits that he brings to the program and the community and have said so many times in these spaces. The non Dublin resident detractors in this space { just a couple people} are NOT THE FAN BASE obviously. He will have little problem with the actual community .

Dude the Coffman thread has been here for years { and the other site} , and has NEVER been a place that crushes the coaches and trashes the program or other coaches and programs . Honest opinions are not always super positive of course , but generally it's very supportive and d besides a few Dublin trolls { Obviously this azzz AHM } who are older east side of Columbus Catholic school fans who seem to love trashing Dublin and the Coffman program . No need to feel for Geron whatsoever .

He has the full support of the school , the administration , and the community who despite what this buffoon says is very supportive and really interested in their kids doing well and being led by a coach like Geron.

Kids work and want to be good . They are used to winning . Rebuild will be a lot of work , but I am sure he will do a great job . The venom that the trolls have is for the previous 20 year regime . They like me love the hire it seems and while I'm hoping that they stay away for the most part{ Fat chance } they will have little negative to say I am sure . Read my posts the last 6 weeks. I love the hire and love the positive traits that he brings to the program and the community and have said so many times in these spaces. The non Dublin resident detractors in this space { just a couple people} are NOT THE FAN BASE obviously. He will have little problem with the actual community .

don’t think Stokes will care what anyone says or thinks.

And Harry you have no clue who I am.

don’t think Stokes will care what anyone says or thinks.

And Harry you have no clue who I am.

. Don’t disagree ,He does what he does and doesn’t seem to care much . Wasn’t being literal . But I have an idea who you are as a person and what your sensibilities are . You went many weeks not posting . I thought you said your “ purpose in this space was to troll me when I said “ stupid “ stuff ., I guess I had a solid run then. ? ? Catholic programs in CO are all doing well since Watty picked up the pace . (. St Chazz doesn’t count )! Good luck to you following them .

Last edited:
Things are definitely different on Coffman rd. Accountability is huge with the new staff. Look for a wide open offense to fit the strengths of the returners or the fall. The staff isn't finalized, but its really good what they have.

Remember AHM was completely wrong on his picks on his pick for the new head coach at DC. He has zero creditability, and is just a DC basher. Two YAPPI posters had sources that were on point, and he wasn't one. He's trash

Things are definitely different on Coffman rd. Accountability is huge with the new staff. Look for a wide open offense to fit the strengths of the returners or the fall. The staff isn't finalized, but its really good what they have.

That's great and assumed. I assumed the more wide open approach is going to be implemented after being more of a running team the last few years . Get the ball out quick and throw it closer to 30 times as opposed to the 10-15 times they have been the last few years . Defense should be ahead of the offense to start the season and has the potential to be a solid unit. Less size and star power , but some experience and some really solid players who should all take it to another level this season. 13 weeks of hard work and focus .Strength , speed , agility and skill improvments. I hate to judge too harshly during a COVID season { Minster was in rebuild themselves last year} but to me the defense was more sound in 2019 than 2020 and there were a lot of the same kids out there . No getting around it .

Last edited:
That's great and assumed. I assumed the more wide open approach is going to be implemted after being more of a running team the last few years . Get the ball out quick and throw it closer to 30 times as opposed to the 10-15 times they have been the last few years .
Don’t expect just because the offense becomes a wide open spread style offense that you’ll throw the ball. Coach Stokes is going to put the players in the best situation to succeed. His offense varies to what the players excel in. 13-15 Minster threw the ball around the yard with Nixon at the helm. 16-17 they pounded the rock with Huelsman and Schmiesing. 18-19 was fairly balanced with a very good QB in Niemeyer and an excellent HB in Schmitmeyer. The offense will fit the players that’s one of many things he’s good at.

Don’t expect just because the offense becomes a wide open spread style offense that you’ll throw the ball. Coach Stokes is going to put the players in the best situation to succeed. His offense varies to what the players excel in. 13-15 Minster threw the ball around the yard with Nixon at the helm. 16-17 they pounded the rock with Huelsman and Schmiesing. 18-19 was fairly balanced with a very good QB in Niemeyer and an excellent HB in Schmitmeyer. The offense will fit the players that’s one of many things he’s good at.

Over Crabtree's tenure they have had 6 D-1 Qb's and a couple others close to that .They threw the ball a lot in many of those years . They also during these times had a lot of good receivers and a couple that played in the NFL for short stints . But when they had a O-Line that run blocked better than they pass blocked and some very good backs they ran it more like they did the last few . Have watched a lot of tape of Stokes offense and he does do a very good job using what he has as most top flight coaches like him do. Solid schemes. He is an offensive guy and former QB and I like what I've seen and the overal results speak for themselves .

Team and organization building dynamics has always been very interesting to me. The 'process" is what in most interesting. What are the essential core values? What kind of plan do you have? Long term sustainable success models don't grow on trees. If you look deeper at any long-time successful venture, you can see what matters to them. They have obviously gotten a lot of people to 'buy in" to the process. Some organizations have intense fiery leaders , operate with a chip on their shoulders . Some are more laid back and business like . Strong emotions aren't part of the equation.

The NFL draft has really become a major production and countless hours , often monotonous , of pontificating about what teams will do and why and the players involved near the top of boards are picked apart like a dead carcass on the open plain . Some players like Justin Fields are over scrutinized and sillily picked on .Others are the new shiny toy who is looked at with wonder and awe and are elevated to the top of the board{ BYU's Wilson }

Humans are emotional being's ; we all have these emotions and how we deal with them is important . Strong emotions cloud judgments. It makes people and decision makers sometimes act irrationally . At this time of the year I delve into the NFL { and CFB after that} futures market . Win totals and ML plays to win conference and division titles etc. Notebooks will be and are being filled with information about how teams are being put together at this point of the off-season. Or just maintained . New regimes with new philosophy's being implemented makes getting a certain vibe or opinion about a team trickier.

Coffman is in this process of building a new and different culture. The old culture worked and was pretty successful for two decades. It's a new day on Coffman road just as it is in some NFL and College FB 'Programs". Yes even at the NFL level many of the top leaders consider what they have as a program. Belichick and his coaching offspring and tree certainly does and other look at this process as 'program building". Most of the elite groups in any field take pride in the process of building a culture . A program .

Free agency acts like a draft supplement. Teams fill needs and add to their teams with often high priced 'Star" players .This is usually assumed by most that it's a guarantee of improvement within the team. Wow this team is loaded now ". The over looked aspect is how the new guys are going to be used within a different scheme .You see free agent busts all the time .They didn't stop being really good players overnight . What often happens is they are used differently than they were with their old team where they had good success. They sometimes never quite fit in with their new team, they are asked to do things they aren't used to , they don't connect well with thier new coaches , never fully grasp their responsibilities. FIT is important. Most of us at one time or another have gotten a new job and pretty early on it became apparent that it may not be a good fit for you. A few months in and you're just not feeling it with your responsibilities or the people who are leading.

Athletes feel this disconnect sometimes as well. Team building , program building and changing cultures don't proceed in a linear fashion . They go through up's and down's sometimes go a bit sideways. It takes time for a program to hit a point where it's sustaining a certain success level . Operating more smoothly with all its people working together with a similar purpose and energy. Being all on the same page is a well-used term for this dynamic .

The draft is the final piece of the off-season team building process . It's entertainment now . Big ratings , intrigue , over analysis , pre pandemic it was an EVENT with players showing up trying to outdo each other wearing often outlandish suits with garish colors. Trying to be creative. The NFL is the most successful sports league in the country for a reason. They adapt . They change things up. They try new things to improve their product. There have been ups and downs like any business has of course but it perseveres , readjusts and keeps moving forward.

They learn from their mistakes and keep going. They stay current , change or tweak rules as conditions and realities change within the game. They are always looking ahead and avoid being stuck in the past. Trying to learn and evolve. Some fans resist but in the end the league stays strong. It's a great television product , it hasn't run away from the betting aspect of the game as more states legalize sports betting. Heck you can even wager on where players are going to be drafted . Less than a week out now. Great QB classes make great drafts .

This is one of those classes. HS football teams are also setting a foundation for thier 2021 seasons. Team building , developing a certain closeness and sense of purpose. Strength , speed , skill development and improvement . Figuring out how to get as many of your people to work to be the best version of themselves which will strengthen the organization along with figuring out how to best use these people is a universal process in any successful organization . Another day to put the head down and embrace the process.

The different methods and styles of coaches and programs is also interesting to me and why I recommended certain docs and stories of old school coaches in previous posts . I got some feedback from a few who watched these legendary 'Old school" guys like Mike Pettine of CB West { PA} and Bob Hurley St Anthony's to name just two . But you watch and see what really matters to them .Coaches operate in different circumstances, different community and school dynamics.

Communities have differing sensibilities and cultures. Private schools have varying drawing areas and values. I have often said that Pro teams can take on the personality of the city or town they play in . The same can be said for some HS programs. I remember the great Brian White once saying he was impressed by Marysville getting back to playing a tougher more physical brand of football after operating out of the spread for a few years { Made the play-offs with a very efficient passing attack one year } . He said that Marysville isn't a 'Spread " community . Hmm I thought about that one for a bit and considered the source of that comment .

But he might have been right in a way. Marysville like many communities has changed over the last 20 years , but at its core is a conservative hard-working community that has some bigger kids some of the time and the run game fits better what that personality and the type of athletes they have.

Hurley was working with an abundance of inner-city kids , sometimes with tougher backgrounds. His main thing was an intense discipline that he needed to instill in the kids that they weren't getting at home . Pettine worked in a nice suburban setting where many successful families resided. The staff tapped into that success and the kid's confidence and built it stronger . He instilled a greater toughness and tapped into the work ethic the kids learned from their family situations and cultivated it even more. Coaches have to be themselves no matter what the setting is where they work. But they can enhance inherent strengths and mold it in their image. Add to it and add other things that aren't as inherent.

Pettie had a certain mix of kids that he embraced. He described his team in 1998 the year that the '"Last game" doc came , as a nice mix of 'Blue Collar and some executive " types. Really smart kids , some really tough kids who complemented each other to become a strong team.

I have endorsed the Netflix series QB-1 Beyond the light's series. It is easy viewing , some players and teams portrayed in the three seasons are more interesting than others. You can fast forward at your leisure and it is good watch. It is interesting to get a glimpse of the different program styles and the way they go about things .

The very first season is no longer available on Netflix . I have talked to some who have watched a while back and gotten good feedback . Storied rivals gives us weekly looks at some coaches personlaities and sometimes snippets of pre-game 'talk "and also some in game sideline banter and comments . The thing that I found interesting was how different the approaches were , the cultures.

In the 3-season series there were 9 programs that we got a closer look at . There was a nice diversity of schools represented . Two of the schools were what I would call AAU style travel programs. These schools actually travel across the country to play some games against like programs. St John Bosco in So Cal and Bishop Gorman in Vegas are schools with a more all-star travel team vibe with kids coming from vast areas and sometimes moving to be closer to the Program . There were a couple Catholic school programs , one was more blue collar{ Harrisburg PA and one more diverse and laid back in Ft Lauderdale Fl. One small private school that was almost brand new in South Carolina which played the lowest level of football of all the schools portrayed.

There was one more inner-city public with an all-minority roster { New Orleans } and three publics in comfortable suburbs [Two in GA one north of Atlanta and one in more central GA. and one in Phoenix . Varying demo's and cultures , coaching styles and program dynamics. I never did get around to giving a quick synopsis of the seasons and programs which I will do shortly . Good off-season viewing .

Under Coach Crabtree the Rocks in 20 seasons missed the play-offs twice . They were a definite play-off team in one of those years going 7-3 and losing 3 games by a total of 15 points . The other year was the first year after the Dublin school split with Jerome opening in 2004. { Losing some of their players } going 6-4 which was the only year they didn't win at least 7 games under Crabtree.

Making the play-offs wasn't a given . It was something to be proud of , especially that level of consistency. Davidson only missed 3 times may be under White? But had more deep runs including two state titles. Even great programs like them missed once in a great while . That is now a thing of the past. I some regions only having 8 make it left out a few capable teams every year and even some who were somewhat arguably better than some of the teams that made it { Coffman 2008 team that missed out was better than Marysville and Delaware IMO and others opinion for instance} . But it meant there were quasi play-off games as early as mid season . Gave the regular season a sense of great urgency. Made scheduling trickier in rebuilding years. You had to weather the storm until your kids developed their varsity chops and improved.

I analyze schedules for futures opinions and this dynamic is important in trying to assess how a team may navigate the seasons and you can look for and see potential landmines. If you have back to back or god forbid three games in a row against tough and or rugged physical opponents ?How will your team persevere? Who do you play off of the big rivalry game? This type of thing and the questions and stress that you may incur now in the rear view mirror. You can just try to develop your guys over time not worrying about the record as much and may be missing the play-offs .

Gives the season a different vibe. Now of course getting a higher seed is usually a big positive in your quest to have a longer stay in the 'Tournament " { Bill Parcells used to call the NFL play-offs the tournament } . Not always as some times certain matchups and styles come into play no matter the actual seed .

With Coffman entering their biggest rebuild since I can remember { 2013 was close in terms of numbers of starters back BUT the rising Juniors in that year was a pretty stacked group as their excellent 2014 year showed where they could pretty much play with anyone in the state that year } AND there is a new coaching staff { probably some holdovers ?} if the 8 teams per region stayed ? Very difficult chore to make the top 8 IMO.

When it went to 12 ? Obviously a better chance. I was OK with 12 , I think that successfully solved or at least alleviated the log jam dynamic in certain regions where 8-2 teams or even 9-1 clubs sometimes missed out . 12 was OK . 4 BYES . Now 16? It is one thing to have a soccer game that ends 15-0 or a basketball game end 90- 13 . The ego is going to be bruised but the body can endure that. In some of these like match-ups with large disparity's in the sport of football ? A little different story . The money is needed . No getting around this. This is also not a huge surprise. I am filing it under 'it is what it is " . But what it does is change the mind set of teams and coaches in terms of that certain urgency you feel and deal with when you start Harbin watching after a couple losses and see a couple games that you could possible lose down the road . Bringing back injured players more slowly? Giving more kids reps? Trying some different things knowing that an extra loss won't hurt that much in the larger scheme of things?

How will this affect coaches development plans? Of course loaded teams will be looking to win them all and get the highest seed possible. Seeding will be important . I will be looking at which teams are seeded 1-8 and look at them with a different lens and if you get a 12 seed you were at least somewhat play-off worthy in many cases.

Rocks are on a 12 year run of making the play-offs. That will continue obviously this year. The readers of this space were told by someone that this program will be unrecognizable in a few years from now. Hmm . Looking back at the last 20 years what does that mean exactly? Things that ugly ? a disfigured cesspool of bad seeds abounding ? Had it become a moribund program with no compass that had drifted off course so badly that a wrecking ball needed to be brought in ?Broken beyond a repair man's tool box ? Apparently according to one guy . { he'll claim the whole world hated the program} Although considering the source and his history of taking potshots at the program and the community ? It's something personal .Obviously. An agenda of some kind. Or to just be more succinct and crude. A#$-holery .

Rocks are on a 12 year run of making the play-offs. That will continue obviously this year. The readers of this space were told by someone that this program will be unrecognizable in a few years from now. Hmm . Looking back at the last 20 years what does that mean exactly? Things that ugly ? a disfigured cesspool of bad seeds abounding ? Had it become a moribund program with no compass that had drifted off course so badly that a wrecking ball needed to be brought in ?Broken beyond a repair man's tool box ? Apparently according to one guy . { he'll claim the whole world hated the program} Although considering the source and his history of taking potshots at the program and the community ? It's something personal .Obviously. An agenda of some kind. Or to just be more succinct and crude. A#$-holery .

Great questions. I’m happy to answer them. But you either won’t or don’t want to accept what I say, so if you want to continue to ask this I’d suggest
1. Ask the AD these exact questions
2. Ask the principal these exact questions
3. Ask Crabtree what he was told by the principal regarding the desire of a changing culture of the program.

They will all three answer you honestly I promise. Then you won’t be so enamored with my dastardly accusations.

I’d also suggest letting the past stay in the past and enjoy what stokes is doing with the program.

Great questions. I’m happy to answer them. But you either won’t or don’t want to accept what I say, so if you want to continue to ask this I’d suggest
3. Ask Crabtree what he was told by the principal regarding the desire of a changing culture of the program.

They will all three answer you honestly I promise. Then you won’t be so enamored with my dastardly accusations.

I’d also suggest letting the past stay in the past and enjoy what stokes is doing with the program.

You never really answer anything . I asked you . You have all the answers lmao . Everyone here can see your agenda and some go way back reading your total negativity where the program is concerned. Your bias has been noted for years. Dastardly accusations? Coach retired. wasn't fired. Why would i or anyone else ask anyone what was said in a private moment ? That's their business . You make it your business to talk hearsay and it's always negative . The feelings of the former players and coaches who worked with the football program and even the parents feelings are more important in the grans scheme . It's been overwhelmingly positive as far as they are concerned.

The few negative attitudes towards the program?{ always going to be a coach or player here or there that has a issue } Doesn't define it certainly . Much higher percentage have a positive view . Winning at a pretty high percentage was also nice as a fan . Said it about 20 times now, love the hire , the energy and will root as I always do for the Rocks. I'm pretty much done with you . but will say this one more thing. Have you always been such a patronizing doosh? { Who the blank do you think you are exactly?}

Last edited:
You never really answer anything . I asked you . You have all the answers lmao . Everyone here can see your agenda and some go way back reading your total negativity where the program is concerned. Your bias has been noted for years. Dastardly accusations? Coach retired. wasn't fired. Why would i or anyone else ask anyone what was said in a private moment ? That's their business . You make it your business to talk hearsay and it's always negative . The feelings of the former players and coaches who worked with the football program and even the parents feelings are more important in the grans scheme . It's been overwhelmingly positive as far as they are concerned.

The few negative attitudes towards the program?{ always going to be a coach or player here or there that has a issue } Doesn't define it certainly . Much higher percentage have a positive view . Winning at a pretty high percentage was also nice as a fan . Said it about 20 times now, love the hire , the energy and will root as I always do for the Rocks. I'm pretty much done with you . but will say this one more thing. Have you always been such a patronizing doosh? { Who the blank do you think you are exactly?}

If I told you would you believe me?

Any of those three will answer you honestly.

Stokes told the parents and team not to confuse winning with culture.

If I told you would you believe me?

Stokes told the parents and team not to confuse winning with culture.

Of course culture and winning aren't the same thing. I have mentioned a dozen positive aspects of the hiring and the coach.{ He likely won't win at the same rate Crabtree did in his first few years } I just choose not to act as if the 20 + years was a disaster or a terrible culture . You feel differently . I know exactly what age range you are and what your sensibilities are . It's obvious what your problem { as if you have anything to do with the actual program or community } is. Why wasn't he fired much earlier? Oh that's right he wasn't fired, but was told after 20 years he had to adopt a new culture. OK , you know times and conditions never change . They always stay the same. Variables remain constant{ sarcasm I don't think you always get it } . You've said a ,lot over the years . And recently . I pretty much know what you might say actually because you've said it before .
The difference is we see the same thing a bit differently . Anyone who has read this space over the years has seen me say some things that were critical . The difference is you ONLY see negative where the coach and program are concerned and take great offense to anything positive being spoken and have a great need to make anything negative be known . If I'm not negative enough you have a problem . But the bigger problem you seem to have is me talking about the last 20 years of the program being a positive force in most of the players and other coaches lives. Again everyone knows what you are here . You never miss a post . Because if you did , I might say something positive about the community , program and people in this community . And you just won't stand for that . Until now of course.

Last edited:
Of course culture and winning aren't the same thing. I have mentioned a dozen positive aspects of the hiring and the coach.{ He likely won't win at the same rate Crabtree did in his first few years } I just choose not to act as if the 20 + years was a disaster or a terrible culture . You feel differently . I know exactly what age range you are and what your sensibilities are . It's obvious what your problem { as if you have anything to do with the actual program or community } is. Why wasn't he fired much earlier? Oh that's right he wasn't fired, but was told after 20 years he had to adopt a new culture. OK , you know times and conditions never change . They always stay the same. Variables remain constant{ sarcasm I don't think you always get it } . You've said a ,lot over the years . And recently . I pretty much know what you might say actually because you've said it before .
The difference is we see the same thing a bit differently . Anyone who has read this space over the years has seen me say some things that were critical . The difference is you ONLY see negative where the coach and program are concerned and take great offense to anything positive being spoken and have a great need to make anything negative be known . If I'm not negative enough you have a problem . But the bigger problem you seem to have is me talking about the last 20 years of the program being a positive force in most of the players and other coaches lives. Again everyone knows what you are here . You never miss a post . Because if you did , I might say something positive about the community , program and people in this community . And you just won't stand for that . Until now of course.

I’m just going to keep posting that anytime you ask me anything. That way you don’t have to take anything I say with any value whatsoever.

I have no intention or quite frankly any reason to ask these people any questions at all . I am satisfied with what I know and your narrative is way more biased than mine is . I will not respond to any more of the negative crap you post . I will say this in closing. I realize you will continue to be an $ whole if I say anything at all positive about the last 20 years . I know that you don’t have e a two decade long run of success without a good coaching staff and a good culture . And as much as I like the hire and the new coach , this idea that the program will now be unrecognizable to what it was is ridiculous . And you acting as if the program has been addled by inept subpar leadership and has now finally got a real coach as if the program has been
Mired in some kind of mediocrity and dysfunction is laughable and not reality . You can spin it any way you want . I don’t think anyone takes your takes seriously and sees them for what they are and consider the source and move on .

I have no intention or quite frankly any reason to ask these people any questions at all . I am satisfied with what I know and your narrative is way more biased than mine is . I will not respond to any more of the negative crap you post . I will say this in closing. I realize you will continue to be an $ whole if I say anything at all positive about the last 20 years . I know that you don’t have e a two decade long run of success without a good coaching staff and a good culture . And as much as I like the hire and the new coach , this idea that the program will now be unrecognizable to what it was is ridiculous . And you acting as if the program has been addled by inept subpar leadership and has now finally got a real coach as if the program has been
Mired in some kind of mediocrity and dysfunction is laughable and not reality . You can spin it any way you want . I don’t think anyone takes your takes seriously and sees them for what they are and consider the source and move on .

I’m not asking you to take my takes seriously

But if you want more insight:

Maybe you are both correct to some degree. DC has been a well respected program for a very long time. They seem to have always been well coached from an outsiders perspective. With that said, 20 years is a long run for a high school coach and a lot has changed over that period. I maintain that the kids haven’t changed nearly as much as the parents. I don’t know much about the inner workings of the DC football program and don’t pretend to. But I do know a person that mentioned a player, not to be named, that sat out with bogus injuries because his dad didn’t want him to risk a real injury. They made it sound like there were a couple other players that weren’t 100% bought in to the team concept but were not being held accountable. This was a very casual conversation with a DC parent.
So perhaps there were some isolated “cultural” issues that needed to be addressed? If so, it wouldn’t be the first time something like this happened and it doesn’t mean that the past 20 years was a failure or that the program was in complete disarray. From what I was told, this was more of an isolated issue with a few entitled families. TIFWIW.

Over Crabtree's tenure they have had 6 D-1 Qb's and a couple others close to that .They threw the ball a lot in many of those years . They also during these times had a lot of good receivers and a couple that played in the NFL for short stints . But when they had a O-Line that run blocked better than they pass blocked and some very good backs they ran it more like they did the last few . Have watched a lot of tape of Stokes offense and he does do a very good job using what he has as most top flight coaches like him do. Solid schemes. He is an offensive guy and former QB and I like what I've seen and the overal results speak for themselves .
dam you got Stokes down to a T..... this isn't his dad is it... LOL?

Maybe you are both correct to some degree. DC has been a well respected program for a very long time. They seem to have always been well coached from an outsiders perspective. With that said, 20 years is a long run for a high school coach and a lot has changed over that period. I maintain that the kids haven’t changed nearly as much as the parents. I don’t know much about the inner workings of the DC football program and don’t pretend to. But I do know a person that mentioned a player, not to be named

, that sat out with bogus injuries because his dad didn’t want him to risk a real injury. They made it sound like there were a couple other players that weren’t 100% bought in to the team concept but were not being held accountable. This was a very casual conversation with a DC parent.
So perhaps there were some isolated “cultural” issues that needed to be addressed? If so, it wouldn’t be the first time something like this happened and it doesn’t mean that the past 20 years was a failure or that the program was in complete disarray. From what I was told, this was more of an isolated issue with a few entitled families. TIFWIW.
No plural . I have documented that one player not wanting to play his Senior year . Not a program issue . Team played hard and had high character in 2019 (. Played their butts and outplayed Springfield in final 8 and had a few bad breaks and lost a tough one to Liberty this year ) and this past year everyone played hard and they won the league title.

Last edited:
No plural . I have documented that one player not wanting to play his Senior year . Not a program issue . Team played hard and had high character in 2019 (. Played their butts and outplayed Springfield in final 8 and had a few bad breaks and lost a tough one to Liberty this year ) and this past year everyone played hard and they won the league title.

Plural

I get it. You have an answer and I am making things up to make Coffman look bad. Don’t debate me then. Assume I M
Full of crap

Then

1. Ask the Athletic Director
2. Ask the Principal
3. Ask Crab what he was told

Last edited:
Plural

I get it. You have an answer and I am making things up to make Coffman look bad. Don’t debate me then. Assume I M
Full of crap

Then

2. Ask the Principal
Coffman the only team in the last five years to have a transfer who couldn’t play late ?? Got it . I wrote about that . Aware of what goes on . Se it differently . Who said anyhhing about debate , You are just a long time Coffman troll . What’s Phipps have to do with Drennan . You are really a miserable old man . Oh and a racist as well . Breaking news from 5 years ago that was a total nothing burger that i wrote about extensively . You act as if you’re winning some kind of debate with breaking news . You’ve posted this stuff many times before . Are you going senile ? You’re laid bare as a boring miserable long time Coffman troll . That’s it . I wouldn’t waste the energy to turn a page to read what else you put out there but in this space ? You’re worthless . Just a guy who says he is in others conversations and only bashes the program . Ask Minster if Stokes has been a perfect coach at all times and never had any issues .

Last edited:
Coffman the only team in the last five years to have a transfer who couldn’t play late ?? Got it . Write about that . Aware of what goes on . Se it differently . Who said anyhhing about debate , You are just a long time Coffman troll . What’s Phipps have to do with Drennan . You are really a miserable old man . Oh and a racist as well .

You have zero clue who I am. But I am not the AD or principal. And I do not write for local newspapers.

I only responded when you said “no plural”. I gave two other public examples that were addressed. Just to call you on your BS when you say “no plural”

I thought I answered the most recent example earlier in the year but let me spell it out: Student is not living in the district. Student is played anyway.

I know you don’t want to believe me. So

2. Ask the Principal

Last edited:
You have zero clue who I am. But I am not the AD or principal. And I do not write for local newspapers.

2. Ask the Principal
I know exactly who you are . Not literally you old fool . And I don’t care . You show who you are . Do you not understand this concept . Why the obsession with me asking these people questions . I think you’re losing it here . Furiously trying to make it like the coach was a bad man terrible coach and was fired . No . He will be a HOF coach who had success at a few schools including long term sustained success at one school which he retired from . You aren’t educating me on anything ., just showing everyone what an a&$whole you are . I’ve known for years . Some are just learning it .

Last edited:
Reminds me of this coot , bashing Phipps and Coffman as if they comitted a felony and I opined that the big talented QB from the small school who had wanted to play at Northmont. They needed a QB to go along with their talented receivers, and voila , the kids Mom who had built a life in Florida just happened to decide to move to Northmont Ohio just as her son was starting his Senior year and he just moved into the apartment with her . What a stroke of luck !! . This guy was defending that obvious shadiness becuase he was a big white kid {no ties to Northmont but he just wanted to make Coffman look bad and this kid look better by comparison for obvious reasons } , Phipps wanting to leave YOTW was somehow criminal because he didn't happen to have a parent who came in to save the day ? Again have written about this stuff going back 5 years . This guy has been only negative towards the program for well over a decade now . All forms of negativity. The recent negativity is ugly . He's ugly . He's a troll . We can all see it.

Now if you want to continue to submit that stupid numbered list so be it . The dastardly ex staff is gone { Excpet for the few who somehow will probably remain with the new coach despite being part of an evil regime } so what else is there to be negative about? Stokes has never erred in his time at Minster , never made a mistake , never Showed questionable judgment . Not one misstep. Pretty impressive . I mean you can't find even one thing . Still a great coach that Coffman is fortuante to have .I don't say lucky , beucase despite what this doosh says this community is a desireable place to work teach and coach . Goes both ways. No one is perfect , especially if you coach 30 years , but even this fool can't erase 20 years of sustained consistency and success . Bad cultures and bad people and incompetence can't be sustained nearly that long . Many examples of this abound .

Stokes isn't perfect, no one is , but he has a chance to be perfect for this job . And what would make him perfect has little do with Crabtree and his coaches and his 20 years of success. He isn't rescuing or inheriting a bad program. He has less talent to work with and could for a few years. Who knows . I am sure he will get a lot out of whatever talent level he has . Not expecting the type of win percentage that Crabtree had early or overall may be . Transition will take time. Stokes said he had more talent at Minster in year one than he had even in his first state title team but went 6-4 as the transition took hold. Coffman loses 5 D-1 kids this year . A lot of work to do .

Last edited:
The new Coffman coach Stokes will have one thing to address or decide on how to handle that he probably has not had to deal with at Minster - the transfer/move in. I am unaware of this being a problem in or around Minster/the MAC. Dublin has had it's share of move in's over the years. As Harry has mentioned Dublin has had a loss or two; the DE whose family moved to Florida a couple of years ago. You can not control who moves in and out of your district. A kid moving into your district as a sophomore or younger whose family has moved to the area is completely different than a upper classman moving in for the sole/primary purpose of football such as the player from Thomas Worthington to Dublin Coffman or the qb from Springfield Greenon who went to Clayton Northmont. A coach can not control a player/family from doing this but the coach does control playing time. Is the coach going to allow/encourage a upper classman to transfer/move in to the district by awarding playing time? Typically these players are very good and will most likely the best player at their position. The question is do you allow the transfer/move in to play over a kid who grew up in your program all the way from peewee, who bides his time, develops and then sit him their senior year because a D1 prospect comes along? Yes, it's most likely better for your program for the one year but how does it affect the mentality of the program for future years? Tough calls but the head coach has to set some ground rules on how he will handle this.