Dublin Coffman 2024

The 2024 season is getting closer as Memorial Day weekend has come and gone and the 80th anniversary of D-Day has the first week of June coming to a close. Two month from now camps will be well underway and scrimmages commence. The talk of coach Stokes future in Dublin is a topic for another day, another month, maybe next year, and this season should be the focus as the team has a chance to be good and do some good things. The schedule is challenging and should prepare the team well for the play-offs where another nice run is possible. Many factors enter into this possibility of course but the elements are there for a good solid fundamentally sound tough team with some experience, some size and strength and some talent.

Stokes has his culture imbedded and the kids have worked really hard to embody that culture. They have bought in and they will have maximized their potential in most cases. A few questions must be answered as is the case with most teams at this point of the off-season heading to camp. QB? LB ? , a couple guys in the secondary? Potential position changes different roles and how much will the team rely on some two way players. Stokes has said that his kids believe they outwork everyone. That gives them an edge. Confidence. What other edges they can muster will be the key to winning some games against some very solid programs with in some cases better athletes and experienced QB's with a proven higher level of performance.

Maximizing people, trusting and working the process of consistent work and improvement is powerful. Coffman isn't the only program that utilizes this mindset and execution and other similarly trained teams are on the schedule. What sets these type of programs apart when they go to battle? Athletic talent and skill , speed, and strength matters no doubt. But so does being more on point in your alignment and assignments, superior execution that is a result of superior practices and repetitions. Scouting your opponents at a higher level. Game plan's, solid play-calling and schemes depending on your opponent. Key Adjustments made, not just at halftime but on the fly. How close is your team? When it's the 4th quarter and a few plays will be the difference, do your players have a trust and belief in themselves and each other that allows them to play at a higher level? Can they rely on their training to make the plays and do the things that help win close ballgames? How hungry are you? Will you get complacent when things go well for a period of time? Too discouraged and lose confidence when times are tough and you lose a game or two? These things that go into winning and higher performance shows the importance of coaching continuity and program continuity. High expectations, strong culture, and trust in your coaches and the confidence that brings is a difference maker and the programs we have seen near or at the top most often have pretty much had that continuity and consistency.

This is the last push in training for the 2024 season and the 7 on 7 camps and tournaments will be another training tool that will help develop timing , competitiveness against other good athletes, and skills that will have to be utilized at a higher level against a tougher schedule. Ball skills can be developed and improved upon. Footwork, , route running, speed and agility work. You do all this work, adopt the habits and behaviors that best allow you to be successful and eventually it's time to go out and perform on Friday nights. The work will always show physically at least but when push comes to shove, in crucial game deciding moments, it often comes down to who wants it a bit more. Who is mentally and physically tougher. Does the more mentally and physically tough team always win? No, but they do more than not.

Mentally tough teams don't hang their heads and feel sorry for themselves when bad things happen. When they get behind. Get a tough break from the officials. A bad bounce. They keep their heads down continue to work and focus and trust that they will be successful. Physically tough teams don't get pushed around, get up when they do get knocked down, are tenacious and aggressive , have done the painful aspects of training ,developed the habits tp push themselves physically and the confidence that goes with having done the physical work. These type of teams give themselves a chance to be successful no matter the natural talent level. This I think is what Coach Stokes has cultivated and built over the last 3 years he's been working at Coffman and many are looking forward to seeing this all come together on Friday nights in 2024.

The 2024 season is getting closer as Memorial Day weekend has come and gone and the 80th anniversary of D-Day has the first week of June coming to a close. Two month from now camps will be well underway and scrimmages commence. The talk of coach Stokes future in Dublin is a topic for another day, another month, maybe next year, and this season should be the focus as the team has a chance to be good and do some good things. The schedule is challenging and should prepare the team well for the play-offs where another nice run is possible. Many factors enter into this possibility of course but the elements are there for a good solid fundamentally sound tough team with some experience, some size and strength and some talent.

Stokes has his culture imbedded and the kids have worked really hard to embody that culture. They have bought in and they will have maximized their potential in most cases. A few questions must be answered as is the case with most teams at this point of the off-season heading to camp. QB? LB ? , a couple guys in the secondary? Potential position changes different roles and how much will the team rely on some two way players. Stokes has said that his kids believe they outwork everyone. That gives them an edge. Confidence. What other edges they can muster will be the key to winning some games against some very solid programs with in some cases better athletes and experienced QB's with a proven higher level of performance.

Maximizing people, trusting and working the process of consistent work and improvement is powerful. Coffman isn't the only program that utilizes this mindset and execution and other similarly trained teams are on the schedule. What sets these type of programs apart when they go to battle? Athletic talent and skill , speed, and strength matters no doubt. But so does being more on point in your alignment and assignments, superior execution that is a result of superior practices and repetitions. Scouting your opponents at a higher level. Game plan's, solid play-calling and schemes depending on your opponent. Key Adjustments made, not just at halftime but on the fly. How close is your team? When it's the 4th quarter and a few plays will be the difference, do your players have a trust and belief in themselves and each other that allows them to play at a higher level? Can they rely on their training to make the plays and do the things that help win close ballgames? How hungry are you? Will you get complacent when things go well for a period of time? Too discouraged and lose confidence when times are tough and you lose a game or two? These things that go into winning and higher performance shows the importance of coaching continuity and program continuity. High expectations, strong culture, and trust in your coaches and the confidence that brings is a difference maker and the programs we have seen near or at the top most often have pretty much had that continuity and consistency.

This is the last push in training for the 2024 season and the 7 on 7 camps and tournaments will be another training tool that will help develop timing , competitiveness against other good athletes, and skills that will have to be utilized at a higher level against a tougher schedule. Ball skills can be developed and improved upon. Footwork, , route running, speed and agility work. You do all this work, adopt the habits and behaviors that best allow you to be successful and eventually it's time to go out and perform on Friday nights. The work will always show physically at least but when push comes to shove, in crucial game deciding moments, it often comes down to who wants it a bit more. Who is mentally and physically tougher. Does the more mentally and physically tough team always win? No, but they do more than not.

Mentally tough teams don't hang their heads and feel sorry for themselves when bad things happen. When they get behind. Get a tough break from the officials. A bad bounce. They keep their heads down continue to work and focus and trust that they will be successful. Physically tough teams don't get pushed around, get up when they do get knocked down, are tenacious and aggressive , have done the painful aspects of training ,developed the habits tp push themselves physically and the confidence that goes with having done the physical work. These type of teams give themselves a chance to be successful no matter the natural talent level. This I think is what Coach Stokes has cultivated and built over the last 3 years he's been working at Coffman and many are looking forward to seeing this all come together on Friday nights in 2024.
Good synopsis Harry.

Rocks go to 7 on 7 at Ohio State in a couple weeks. Hoping to see you there.

Where do you hear noise from Coffman? On Yappi?????? Lol

More noise.

Coffman is a solid program but are they as good as what they were 5 years ago? Probably reasonable arguments for yes and no. Is Coffman a better program now than what they were 10 years ago? They are not, not much of a debate on that.

Talent comes & goes and it appears Coffman is in a bit of a slight drought but the noise….its definitely noisier now than before.

More noise.

Coffman is a solid program but are they as good as what they were 5 years ago? Probably reasonable arguments for yes and no. Is Coffman a better program now than what they were 10 years ago? They are not, not much of a debate on that.

Talent comes & goes and it appears Coffman is in a bit of a slight drought but the noise….its definitely noisier now than before.
Probably so ,( more noise ) don’t care much for noise or gossip. Watch the team(s) when they are playing. Stokes is coaching this group this year . His motivational stuff outside the building seems up his alley and. something he can do well. Next year may be a different story.

Last edited:
More noise.

More noise than when the head coach was suspended? Or more noise on yappi ?

More noise than when the head coach was suspended? Or more noise on yappi ?

The noise regarding Crwbtree’s suspension was a situation which was resolved with him being found with no wrong doing. If that isn’t the case please expand upon it.

This situation is self inflicted by the HC himself.

I just find it ironic that when Stokes first started at Coffman there were a few multi sport athletes (I believe mostly lacross players) who he wanted them to have a greater buy in to the football program. That is 100% his right and perhaps those players needed to put a greater emphasis on football, I do not know the situation. But now you have a HC who is choosing to no longer be in the building on a daily/weekly basis. It sounds as if it’s a good opportunity for him/what he wishes to do. However, is it best for the team? Does it matter?

The noise regarding Crwbtree’s suspension was a situation which was resolved with him being found with no wrong doing. If that isn’t the case please expand upon it.

This situation is self inflicted by the HC himself.

I just find it ironic that when Stokes first started at Coffman there were a few multi sport athletes (I believe mostly lacross players) who he wanted them to have a greater buy in to the football program. That is 100% his right and perhaps those players needed to put a greater emphasis on football, I do not know the situation. But now you have a HC who is choosing to no longer be in the building on a daily/weekly basis. It sounds as if it’s a good opportunity for him/what he wishes to do. However, is it best for the team? Does it matter?
The situation with crabby was resolved by him being suspended by OHSAA. This isn’t up for debate. Harry and IamInsane might not have agreed, but to my knowledge OHSAA nor school personnel didn’t seek their counsel or insight.

Who cares if he’s in the building. If anything it’s good for the high school to not have to budget for a useless building position tbh. Stokes will
be at practice every day. It’s a win for everyone.

The situation with crabby was resolved by him being suspended by OHSAA. This isn’t up for debate. Harry and IamInsane might not have agreed, but to my knowledge OHSAA nor school personnel didn’t seek their counsel or insight.

Who cares if he’s in the building. If anything it’s good for the high school to not have to budget for a useless building position tbh. Stokes will
be at practice every day. It’s a win for everyone.

You would know, you have the inside scoop to all that is Dublin Coffman football.

I do recall you saying the new coaches most important job was nurturing the players into becoming better people/to be the best that they can be. Too bad they will not get additional time with the HC in the halls of the school.

You would know, you have the inside scoop to all that is Dublin Coffman football.

I do recall you saying the new coaches most important job was nurturing the players into becoming better people/to be the best that they can be. Too bad they will not get additional time with the HC in the halls of the school.
No one that has ever been around our coach is worried about him making our boys better people. Thanks for your concern.

No one that has ever been around our coach is worried about him making our boys better people. Thanks for your concern.
Will he take you with him as a fan after this season? “Our” coach🤣? He doesn’t even want to be there, it couldn’t be more obvious. Hopefully his state titles can maintain speed for his motivational speaking career. The stop at Dublin isn’t helping maintain his coaching prowess from D5/6/7 to D1, where else is there to go coaching wise?

I think AHM is right on this one. To paraphrase Cardale Jones, Stokes isn't there to coach school. The good citizens of Dublin probably weren't getting much of a return on their tax dollars by paying Stokes to be a teacher. Now they can either cut that position or put someone there who is actually interested in teaching.

His new position is likely mostly remote. I would bet he will be in the building multiple times a week during the school day. It's probably a win-win for everyone. Yeah, I get the bad look as far as commitment goes, but I doubt many of his players really care.

I think AHM is right on this one. To paraphrase Cardale Jones, Stokes isn't there to coach school. The good citizens of Dublin probably weren't getting much of a return on their tax dollars by paying Stokes to be a teacher. Now they can either cut that position or put someone there who is actually interested in teaching.

His new position is likely mostly remote. I would bet he will be in the building multiple times a week during the school day. It's probably a win-win for everyone. Yeah, I get the bad look as far as commitment goes, but I doubt many of his players really care.
None of the players or parents care.

I agree I don’t think the players and parents care . This Sr. class is the first one to go through with only Stokes being the head coach. A handful of 3 year starters and a tough challenging schedule ., a lot to look forward to this season . Enjoy the year and know the situation is fluid and take it one year at a time . The previous era was more predictable and you could think ahead more . Stokes being here for a decade is a stretch . Never mind two. Not a bad thing and he’s an excellent coach .

Harry question for you, since you know the most about Coffman football. Rank these Coffman QB's in order, thanks.

Connor Mathews
Mason Maggs
Quinn Hart

Harry question for you, since you know the most about Coffman football. Rank these Coffman QB's in order, thanks.

Connor Mathews
Mason Maggs
Quinn Hart
Pretty tough question that you can look at from a couple different angles . Production ,record , physical tools ,overall performance. But when judging those aspects you need to add in who each had around them .

The other thing is length of service. Hart and Mathews were two year starters and Maggs just a one year starter with a shortened Junior year where he saw limited action at QB but played receiver as well .

Go a bit further tonight pretty busy day today but physical tools wise Maggs is 1. Mathews and Hart while close the edge goes to Mathews who is a bit more athletic and a bit better throwing the rock . Different coaching staffs for these two with different skill guys , while both were running QB’s with designed running plays the schemes and approaches were a bit different .

actually Stokes is a VERY good teacher