Dublin Coffman 2024

Maybe he just wants to spend as little time in Dublin as possible . Didn’t want to move to the place he coaches and drives a pretty long way to work , now he would rather not be in the building during the day ? ( allegedly lol) Could have a good team this year with multiple three year starters and some talent . After that ? Time to go ? Last year in Dublin?

Maybe he just wants to spend as little time in Dublin as possible . Didn’t want to move to the place he coaches and drives a pretty long way to work , now he would rather not be in the building during the day ? ( allegedly lol) Could have a good team this year with multiple three year starters and some talent . After that ? Time to go ? Last year in Dublin?
You have no clue about Stokes. Your only connection to him or the program is what you read on Yappi. And very little of what’s on here is true.

Congrats to WR Valerio- Hudson who got a couple more offers earlier this month to Miami O and Western Michigan. In terms of a Coffman football comp, he reminds long time fans and observers of Marcus Davis [Chris Carters nephew} who played in 2010- 2011. Maybe like Marcus, he will play some more full time defense as a Senior . Davis was very productive on both sides of the ball making big plays frequently. He did have a couple talented QB's getting him the ball with Zack Stoudt {Clemson} in 2010 and James Walsh [Boston College} in 2011. Hudson is a bit taller than Davis was , but the two have similar skill sets. Davis was a Swiss army knife his Senior year, picking off three passes, covering top receivers, caught 64 balls for over 900 yards and took three punt returns to the house.

Rocks have some veteran three years starters on offense and a potential really solid O-line, a few areas of rebuild on defense, but Hudson could help a bit in the secondary which lost a lot. Special teams he could also make a couple big explosive plays. Not a lot of depth and a few guys including Hudson could help by playing on both sides in varying degrees. Rocks have a legit weapon in Punter Thompson who is the best I've seen since Caleb Stoneburner [2014-16} Thompson is capable of flipping the field and being a real significant factor Big TE Patterson got an offer from Eastern Kentucky and has the frame and size to play multiple places along the line of scrimmage.

Him pursuing motivational speaking is true.
His not living in Dublin is true. His 21-16 record at Coffman is true. His being a very good coach and his success before turning 40 being very impressive is true. Coffman not having deep talented classes after this year's Sr. class is true and could be a factor in any coaches plans[ Does a great coach want to stay somewhere for say 6-7 years and have an overall record of maybe a bit over 500? Maybe there are rare outlier coaches who truly don't care what their record is or staying or quitting a job has nothing to do with possibilities for more wins than losses. Time will tell and at the end of the day it will be what it is and life will go on as will the football program. It just may be with a new staff

Like to hear what is false. Most is false? Should be a lengthy list coming forth I would guess.
You have no idea what happens with Coffman football unless you read it on Yappi. That is true
IamInsane should be mad at desales for firing his dad.
Stokes will be the Coffman coach this is true

A lot of noise at Coffman for a offseason. If the coach does in fact want to discontinue teaching to pursue motivational speaking my concerns would be:
* The HC not in the school during the week. Not a deal breaker, several assistants/head coaches are not teachers at the school they coach at or non teachers altogether. Still, I think a coach in the building gets a better feel or pulse of his players during the week. The more the coaches are around the players, the better they can mold the players into good/model citizens which I believe AHM has stated was a big reason for the Stokes hire to begin with.
* if Stokes were to do motivational speaking, how would this work during the season? One can only do so many speaking engagements in the Central Ohio area so they could be at practice by 3:00pm or whenever school lets out. What happens if he had a speaking engagement in Cleveland at noon and couldn’t get back to Columbus until 4:30pm….does he just miss the first hour of practice?

Didn’t Coffman lose some multi sport athletes when Stokes first arrived because of the time restrains/demands that the HC demanded from the players? No exception was made for those kids (which is fine), will the coach want an exception for his motivational speaking?

Perhaps AHM can better explain this since he is close to the program & Coach Stokes.

You have no idea what happens with Coffman football unless you read it on Yappi. That is true
IamInsane should be mad at desales for firing his dad.
Stokes will be the Coffman coach this is true
Desales Fired Crabtree? I have heard rumblings that he will be coaching at a local middle school this year

A lot of noise at Coffman for a offseason. If the coach does in fact want to discontinue teaching to pursue motivational speaking my concerns would be:
* The HC not in the school during the week. Not a deal breaker, several assistants/head coaches are not teachers at the school they coach at or non teachers altogether. Still, I think a coach in the building gets a better feel or pulse of his players during the week. The more the coaches are around the players, the better they can mold the players into good/model citizens which I believe AHM has stated was a big reason for the Stokes hire to begin with.
* if Stokes were to do motivational speaking, how would this work during the season? One can only do so many speaking engagements in the Central Ohio area so they could be at practice by 3:00pm or whenever school lets out. What happens if he had a speaking engagement in Cleveland at noon and couldn’t get back to Columbus until 4:30pm….does he just miss the first hour of practice?

Didn’t Coffman lose some multi sport athletes when Stokes first arrived because of the time restrains/demands that the HC demanded from the players? No exception was made for those kids (which is fine), will the coach want an exception for his motivational speaking?

Perhaps AHM can better explain this since he is close to the program & Coach Stokes.
I can’t promise what happens after this year. Can anyone?

Stokes was hired because he was the best coach. That was the reason.

Stokes is going to coach Coffman this year. What else needs explained? Why Yappi doesn’t like his work schedule?

I can't promise? lmao rotflmao , msisialsh What would this poster promise that anyone would care about or value? I can't promise? still laughing. What would he promise again that anyone would respect or value? Or care about.

Where do you hear noise from Coffman? On Yappi?????? Lol

I can't promise you children anything, but maybe if you're good I will take you out for some juicy gossip. Hilarious stuff. Damn this is entertaining to say the least. The self importance is staggering. A janitor acting as if he's the Superintendent . Watching a poster slip on a leather jacket , get on some water ski's, use a ramp to jump over some water that contains a shark is what I'm seeing here. I can't promise " if he makes it and avoids the shark itself, but someone is losing more than a TV show here. Sad to see. Or is it? Notice there is never any real information besides Hey guys it's almost June and he will coach in 2024.

Last edited:
I can't promise? lmao rotflmao , msisialsh What would this poster promise that anyone would care about or value? I can't promise? still laughing. What would he promise again that anyone would respect or value? Or care about.
I can’t promise he’ll be the Coffman coach in 2025. Who knows the future. A year ago I could not have predicted crabby would have been fired by his Alana mater. So I can’t promise anything past this year.

Hasn't the Crabtree is a crappy coach , Stokes is a living god as a coach in comparison jumped the shark yet? Apparently it hasn't . It's been 3 years since Crabtree left and in his last 3 years he won at what rate? [better than 21-16} and Stokes started three years ago. Most people realize that things not working out at DeSales trying to implement a new system has zero to do with Crabtree's 20 year tenure at Coffman. MOST being the operative word.

Last edited:
Hasn't the Crabtree is a crappy coach , Stokes is a living god as a coach in comparison jumped the shark yet? Apparently it hasn't . It's been 3 years since Crabtree left and in his last 3 years he won at what rate? [better than 21-16} and Stokes started three years ago. Most people realize that things not working out at DeSales trying to implement a new system has zero to do with Crabtree's 20 year tenure at Coffman. MOST being the operative word.
Really enjoyed the ride stokes led the boys on a year ago.

I can’t promise he’ll be the Coffman coach in 2025. Who knows the future. A year ago I could not have predicted crabby would have been fired by his Alana mater. So I can’t promise anything past this year.
I could see this being a meteoric rise for Stokes in the motivational speaking arena. I see hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars being made.

I don’t think there is any doubt that Stokes would. be successful to at least some degree and likely to a higher degree as a motivational speaker . The standards habits and culture he works really hard to cultivate translates beyond football and sports. As far as his coaching tenure at Coffman. Who knows. This year he has had his first Senior class going through his program . He has laid the foundation and the kids have developed a belief and trust in it and he has those Seniors who have the experience and have done the work to improve and be as good as they are capable of being . If he goes in another direction and starts a new chapter ? Still the right hire and the kids he coached were better for it.

It showed on the field last year especially the last 5 weeks . Whatever his intentions are past this season it’s been a great hire not because of the playoff wins last year because while impressive wasn’t earth shattering . Fairmont was just an OK football team . It wasn’t one of Liberty’s better teams obviously , and the Berlin game was influenced greatly by them losing their most valuable player the week before and a few fortuitous bounces and plays . Played Springfield pretty well but that wasn’t a great Springfield team by their established standard . This truth doesn’t diminish the run . The Bradley game was truly a great win that displayed the grittiness and toughness that Stokes cultivates . He’s a good hire anywhere he goes and here because of the standards he sets and the values and hsbits he instills in people . As parents we all want our kids to develop that work ethic , be intentional, be resilient , keep going when you have a setback . Get up and dust yourself off when you get knocked down . As it pertains to potential motivational stuff at the corporate level he can be successful communicating his message .

Consistent repeatable habits and efforts is a big part of success in many areas . High standards and doing the right things that have proven to be successful over and over again producing consistent results is a big part of the most successful corporations and people . Doing it all over again after working hard and having success is HARD

But at the end of the day all of us can probably agree that embracing the hard and getting out of your comfort zone , being really focused and working hard has lead to our greatest successes.

not sure if you have ever heard him speak... but he is pretty dang good at it
So are about 500 other football coaches I’ve heard.
Snake oil salesman, go to the next OHSAA Football Coaches Clinic, the message is on repeat from about every guy there. He’s trying to bottle that and sell it.
Seriously, on anything but a local/regional level speaking to coaches, he doesn’t have a “Motivational Speaker” resume that’s going to wow anyone. I don’t see to many Fortune 500s swooping him up for big gigs, maybe I’m wrong.
That way he can tell people about the importance of challenging other people to make them grow! (Nearly every coaches mantra in some way or another)

Again, go back to the beginning of this Stokes debacle and check my posting history, it’s the same stuff. I believe I even asked AHM something to the effect of “how long til Stokes is off podcasting with his Centerville buddies.”

All these coaches win a STATE title in a sport and feel like they need to share how it’s done, like they were the first to cross that finish line.

Snake oil salesman, go to the next OHSAA Football Coaches Clinic, the message is on repeat from about every guy there. He’s trying to bottle that and sell it.
Seriously, on anything but a local/regional level speaking to coaches, he doesn’t have a “Motivational Speaker” resume that’s going to wow anyone. I don’t see to many Fortune 500s swooping him up for big gigs, maybe I’m wrong.
That way he can tell people about the importance of challenging other people to make them grow! (Nearly every coaches mantra in some way or another)

Again, go back to the beginning of this Stokes debacle and check my posting history, it’s the same stuff. I believe I even asked AHM something to the effect of “how long til Stokes is off podcasting with his Centerville buddies.”

All these coaches win a STATE title in a sport and feel like they need to share how it’s done, like they were the first to cross that finish line.
I have heard similar messages from college and high school coaches and a lot of it is really a generational message from many coaches . The training and going full go year round in a sport or activity that young people are asked to do is relatively new .

I see what you’re saying and respect your opinion here . I don’t see snake oil salesman here and I think that people use what they have to try to create opportunity’s for themselves . The state titles are part of a resume that helps him in this vane . The possible viability and future success in this arena is ultimately unknown . But in my opinion he has a certain talent for it and while some of the concepts are not unique to him he has a certain talent in communicating and the energy and passion and belief he has in it could set him apart . I believe he turns 40 this year . He has that energy at this point and time is on his side to try new things . Take other avenues maybe . If that is at odds with the Coffman administration and lessens his tenure coaching the football team here? Wish him luck in his future endeavors and thank him for his service .

I think you are on the right track here. I don't think he's going to become a "motivational speaker," he's looking to do work with Ryan Hawk (AJ's brother) in corporate leadership training along with his buddy Brook Cupps from Centerville basketball. I don't know why corporate types would spend thousands of dollars to get training from high school coaches and an NFL player's brother, but more power to those guys if they can make it work.

Plenty of coaches no longer teach. Probably few at schools Coffman's size, but it can be done. My guess is Stokes is trying to get a leave of absence for a year to test the waters to see if he can make enough with Hawk to no longer teach. If he can, he'd stop teaching. If he can't, he'd go back to his teaching position. The problem is I've never heard of a district that allowed a teacher to take a leave to explore other employment (usually this is done to take a year off to stay home with family), nor have I heard a district allow a teacher on leave to keep their supplemental positions. Sounds like Stokes is asking to do both, which I can't see any district approving. So that is why AHM says Stokes will be the coach in 2024.

Coming off of Coffman's run last year and how pleased the building admin is with what the Rocks have going, I bet they would support his resignation as a teacher next year and keep the head coaching position. Shouldn't be a problem IMO as long as he's giving the same commitment as he does now. He's done everything he said he'd do when he got the job - just look at how many guys are in the weight room in the offseason. But AHM also alluded to Stokes "backing down" from admin, evidently multiple times. So if Stokes resigns as a teacher but wants to keep the head football job, will the district admin say no in order to get rid of a guy who is an excellent coach but is also high maintenance? And yes, he is absolutely high maintenance. Even AHM has admitted as much in moments of weakness :) :) :). He's good enough to coach at the college level and frankly that's where he should be instead of teaching high school (for multiple reasons). But those entry type college jobs pay way less than teaching at Dublin, so working with Hawk may be his best chance to make enough money to coach without teaching.

He’s 40. In terms of being sought after by major corporations he would need a lot of reps in this newer endeavor if that’s where he wants to go . If so he would be wise to get going getting those reps . Didn’t think he’s out on a National circuit at this time . Like anything else this would be a process . Years of reps doing it in front of various audiences. 10,000 hour rule ?? 😆

I think you are on the right track here. I don't think he's going to become a "motivational speaker," he's looking to do work with Ryan Hawk (AJ's brother) in corporate leadership training along with his buddy Brook Cupps from Centerville basketball. I don't know why corporate types would spend thousands of dollars to get training from high school coaches and an NFL player's brother, but more power to those guys if they can make it work.

Plenty of coaches no longer teach. Probably few at schools Coffman's size, but it can be done. My guess is Stokes is trying to get a leave of absence for a year to test the waters to see if he can make enough with Hawk to no longer teach. If he can, he'd stop teaching. If he can't, he'd go back to his teaching position. The problem is I've never heard of a district that allowed a teacher to take a leave to explore other employment (usually this is done to take a year off to stay home with family), nor have I heard a district allow a teacher on leave to keep their supplemental positions. Sounds like Stokes is asking to do both, which I can't see any district approving. So that is why AHM says Stokes will be the coach in 2024.

Coming off of Coffman's run last year and how pleased the building admin is with what the Rocks have going, I bet they would support his resignation as a teacher next year and keep the head coaching position. Shouldn't be a problem IMO as long as he's giving the same commitment as he does now. He's done everything he said he'd do when he got the job - just look at how many guys are in the weight room in the offseason. But AHM also alluded to Stokes "backing down" from admin, evidently multiple times. So if Stokes resigns as a teacher but wants to keep the head football job, will the district admin say no in order to get rid of a guy who is an excellent coach but is also high maintenance? And yes, he is absolutely high maintenance. Even AHM has admitted as much in moments of weakness :) :) :). He's good enough to coach at the college level and frankly that's where he should be instead of teaching high school (for multiple reasons). But those entry type college jobs pay way less than teaching at Dublin, so working with Hawk may be his best chance to make enough money to coach without teaching.
Can’t disagree with much of this.

well you seem to throw ALL 500 into the same grouping.... I've been to to PLENTY of coaches clinics over the years... some are better then others.. just like everything in life...

just wondering what was your thoughts on Jim Tressel? was he at one of the clinics you have attended?