Dublin Coffman 2022

The NFL playoffs consist of only 13 games. There is not much value in point spreads for the most part and the value is probably best seen in player props and may be in game betting. Lines are sharp and there sometimes can be value where the public overreacts to what they last saw or some really public teams where a kind of tax is put on top of the power rated number.

TB was probably overrated getting only 2.5 and of course it's the GOAT tax. I originally liked TB because it appeared that the Cowboys may have peaked a bit and Dak was really error prone down the stretch. The problem was Tampa was not lying when they showed us who they were all season. I think the Carolina scoring explosion threw some people's perception and gave them more value than it deserved. The adage that you should believe people when they show who and what they are pertains to football teams as well to a point. Football is a week-to-week sport where wild fluctuations in performances can occur. Now that being said, certain issues that have shown themselves over 4 months are likely to crop up again at some point. Brady is a statue. He couldn't move that well in his 20's. He is just a sitting duck at this point. He is like the boxer who can't fire punches as readily because he is afraid of being hit. Brady's interception in the end zone was telling of his current state of play. Game was 6-0 Dallas, and the Bucs were driving inside the 10. Brady back peddles and instead of stepping into the throw even if his intent was to throw it away, he backs away completely, and halfheartedly throws the ball more concerned about getting hit as he literally turns away from a hit that didn't actually come. This body language caused his throw to be weak and not even get out of the end zone and was picked. HUGE turning point and a bad look for Brady. Those looks didn't get much better as the night went on.

Dallas was simply the better team and looked it. Power rating wise the difference was actually about 5.5-6 so a tease was plausible for me but Dallas played to win by a FG or less than 9 I thought had some value but the Boys played above their recent level and the Bucs were terrible really. The Niners with a rookie QB are a short favorite over this team and I think they are getting a bit shorted all due respect to Dallas, but they just beat a below 500 team albeit on the road, a team that isn't in the play-offs if they are in just about any other division in football. SF has a full two days and some change more time to rest and prepare than Dallas does. The Sunday games are epic. Cincy and Buffalo and SF-Dallas. No offense to Jax- KC and Philly -Giants but they do pale a little in comparison from a what is more interesting perspective. You feel a bit like JAX isn't really good enough to be in the final 8 and may be the Giants aren't either. Thye are close and both did well when they needed to and got big wins, but the Eagles will play real defense unlike the Vikings and Jax doesn't really match up too well with KC who has been on a mission of sorts after their second half and OT choke job as big favorites over the Bengals.

Currently re-watching the two TV games Coffman played that I recorded. That first drive vs. UA was a killer. Pushing them around and driving and turn it over. Big thing for the Rocks in the off-season to me is elevating their passing game and having more explosive plays generated. Rare year where basically all the teams were rebuilding a bit this past year and are bringing back a lot of experience the upcoming year. The Rocks have some good players back who did some impressive things during the year. As far as their opponents, the Rocks are going to be playing some experienced guys and some talented kids with some reps under their belt. I think each OCC Central team will be better versions of themselves than last year's editions.

The NFL playoffs consist of only 13 games. There is not much value in point spreads for the most part and the value is probably best seen in player props and may be in game betting. Lines are sharp and there sometimes can be value where the public overreacts to what they last saw or some really public teams where a kind of tax is put on top of the power rated number.

TB was probably overrated getting only 2.5 and of course it's the GOAT tax. I originally liked TB because it appeared that the Cowboys may have peaked a bit and Dak was really error prone down the stretch. The problem was Tampa was not lying when they showed us who they were all season. I think the Carolina scoring explosion threw some people's perception and gave them more value than it deserved. The adage that you should believe people when they show who and what they are pertains to football teams as well to a point. Football is a week-to-week sport where wild fluctuations in performances can occur. Now that being said, certain issues that have shown themselves over 4 months are likely to crop up again at some point. Brady is a statue. He couldn't move that well in his 20's. He is just a sitting duck at this point. He is like the boxer who can't fire punches as readily because he is afraid of being hit. Brady's interception in the end zone was telling of his current state of play. Game was 6-0 Dallas, and the Bucs were driving inside the 10. Brady back peddles and instead of stepping into the throw even if his intent was to throw it away, he backs away completely, and halfheartedly throws the ball more concerned about getting hit as he literally turns away from a hit that didn't actually come. This body language caused his throw to be weak and not even get out of the end zone and was picked. HUGE turning point and a bad look for Brady. Those looks didn't get much better as the night went on.

Dallas was simply the better team and looked it. Power rating wise the difference was actually about 5.5-6 so a tease was plausible for me but Dallas played to win by a FG or less than 9 I thought had some value but the Boys played above their recent level and the Bucs were terrible really. The Niners with a rookie QB are a short favorite over this team and I think they are getting a bit shorted all due respect to Dallas, but they just beat a below 500 team albeit on the road, a team that isn't in the play-offs if they are in just about any other division in football. SF has a full two days and some change more time to rest and prepare than Dallas does. The Sunday games are epic. Cincy and Buffalo and SF-Dallas. No offense to Jax- KC and Philly -Giants but they do pale a little in comparison from a what is more interesting perspective. You feel a bit like JAX isn't really good enough to be in the final 8 and may be the Giants aren't either. Thye are close and both did well when they needed to and got big wins, but the Eagles will play real defense unlike the Vikings and Jax doesn't really match up too well with KC who has been on a mission of sorts after their second half and OT choke job as big favorites over the Bengals.

Currently re-watching the two TV games Coffman played that I recorded. That first drive vs. UA was a killer. Pushing them around and driving and turn it over. Big thing for the Rocks in the off-season to me is elevating their passing game and having more explosive plays generated. Rare year where basically all the teams were rebuilding a bit this past year and are bringing back a lot of experience the upcoming year. The Rocks have some good players back who did some impressive things during the year. As far as their opponents, the Rocks are going to be playing some experienced guys and some talented kids with some reps under their belt. I think each OCC Central team will be better versions of themselves than last year's editions.

I agree about the OCC Central all being better and Should be a fun year, football season can’t get here soon enough. I remember that opening drive Vs UA and had a feeling it was going to be a tough night for the Rocks, you can’t make those kind of mistakes against a team/coach like that. On a different note it’s been pretty quiet on Hard Road, my guess is they are going to have to stay internal which isn’t the worst but thought they may have a chance at getting a proven coach.

Long wait for next football season unfortunately but good things come to those who wait, and players and fans alike always have about 6 months to wait after the holiday season has been over for a bit. before you get that 'Feeling" the season is just about upon us. This year the individual talent was as low across the board as I have seen in the Central. A strong Soph class for most of the teams [Coffman's wasn't thought of as strong coming up and didn't win much their Frosh season, but they played a half dozen as starters this past year and there were some good things happening and I think if they make that Soph. to Junior jump as many kids do they will have caught up a bit to the other programs classes who beat them as Frosh.

Coming upon two years of Stokes's arrival and he has had time to mold the program his way and we saw the improvement last year and will likely see a jump this year in some aspects. 11-12 overall and 1-2 in the play-offs but after his third season I think these numbers improve and the team will be pretty good the next two seasons. 7-4 was a less than successful year in the Crabtree era. It wasn't a bad year but kind of the floor. Stokes's second edition lost a tough play-off game that reminded me of one of Crabtree's really tough play-offs exits in close games.

The kids are going into their third off-season program with Stokes, and everyone knows what's expected and it's fully his program 100 percent. Team developed an identity and a formula for success, and I think the team will be more confident from the get-go this year. Take care of the ball , control the clock, be physical with well timed shots in the passing game, a screen game , and shorten the game. Coffman games were the shortest on average since I have been following the program. Rocks were more of a running team the last 4 years of the Crabtree regime with QB's Ernst, in 2017 with Cam Scott being the workhorse at RB QB Brown in 2018 ran more than Ernst but not a ton as he gave it to RB's Diallo and Drennan a lot Mathews in 2019 and 2020 with UC starting DB Bryon Threats the big man at RB. Big lines in 2017 and 2018 , not as big in 2019 and 2020 but effective and of course Threats talent made them look better.

13-14 guys back who saw a lot of snaps as starters including 6 rising Juniors. Big year in the Stokes tenure. Coffman isn't in that top tier or elite level program at this point but it's a top tier coaching job in all aspects., the ability to fund raise, parental and community support. Good kids who want to be good and have family support by and large. If Stokes stays through at least next year the kids who graduate in 2024 will have gone through the program with only Stokes as the head varsity guy.

Long wait for next football season unfortunately but good things come to those who wait, and players and fans alike always have about 6 months to wait after the holiday season has been over for a bit. before you get that 'Feeling" the season is just about upon us. This year the individual talent was as low across the board as I have seen in the Central. A strong Soph class for most of the teams [Coffman's wasn't thought of as strong coming up and didn't win much their Frosh season, but they played a half dozen as starters this past year and there were some good things happening and I think if they make that Soph. to Junior jump as many kids do they will have caught up a bit to the other programs classes who beat them as Frosh.

Coming upon two years of Stokes's arrival and he has had time to mold the program his way and we saw the improvement last year and will likely see a jump this year in some aspects. 11-12 overall and 1-2 in the play-offs but after his third season I think these numbers improve and the team will be pretty good the next two seasons. 7-4 was a less than successful year in the Crabtree era. It wasn't a bad year but kind of the floor. Stokes's second edition lost a tough play-off game that reminded me of one of Crabtree's really tough play-offs exits in close games.

The kids are going into their third off-season program with Stokes, and everyone knows what's expected and it's fully his program 100 percent. Team developed an identity and a formula for success, and I think the team will be more confident from the get-go this year. Take care of the ball , control the clock, be physical with well timed shots in the passing game, a screen game , and shorten the game. Coffman games were the shortest on average since I have been following the program. Rocks were more of a running team the last 4 years of the Crabtree regime with QB's Ernst, in 2017 with Cam Scott being the workhorse at RB QB Brown in 2018 ran more than Ernst but not a ton as he gave it to RB's Diallo and Drennan a lot Mathews in 2019 and 2020 with UC starting DB Bryon Threats the big man at RB. Big lines in 2017 and 2018 , not as big in 2019 and 2020 but effective and of course Threats talent made them look better.

13-14 guys back who saw a lot of snaps as starters including 6 rising Juniors. Big year in the Stokes tenure. Coffman isn't in that top tier or elite level program at this point but it's a top tier coaching job in all aspects., the ability to fund raise, parental and community support. Good kids who want to be good and have family support by and large. If Stokes stays through at least next year the kids who graduate in 2024 will have gone through the program with only Stokes as the head varsity guy.
what does the QB play look like with Coffman.... he is really good at developing QB's.

what does the QB play look like with Coffman.... he is really good at developing QB's.
This past year the first year Junior starter definitely got better and progressed well . Coffman has a rich history of D-1 QB’s as I have noted on this thread. Stokes inherited a big strong QB with a strong arm who took a preferred walk on spot with OSU.

The Junior QB is a good athlete who led the team in rushing with about 700 yards at about 5 yards a clip . He completed 60 percent and small change of his passes at around 7 and a half yards an attempt ( 1300 yards ). He got better as the season went on no doubt and his throwing motion feet and fundamentals were better from his JV season , but he needs further development in his passing and will surely benefit and has already from having a former QB and proven successful offensive coach . He has most of his top weapons back and the offense should be improved as they also have a handful of Offensive Lineman back.

This past year the first year Junior starter definitely got better and progressed well . Coffman has a rich history of D-1 QB’s as I have noted on this thread. Stokes inherited a big strong QB with a strong arm who took a preferred walk on spot with OSU.

The Junior QB is a good athlete who led the team in rushing with about 700 yards at about 5 yards a clip . He completed 60 percent and small change of his passes at around 7 and a half yards an attempt ( 1300 yards ). He got better as the season went on no doubt and his throwing motion feet and fundamentals were better from his JV season , but he needs further development in his passing and will surely benefit and has already from having a former QB and proven successful offensive coach . He has most of his top weapons back and the offense should be improved as they also have a handful of Offensive Lineman back.
garanteed that Stokes will make that boy a lot better QB this year...... he loves the throwing QB that has the toughness to tuck it and run when needed!!! because that makes his RB , that much better!!!

garanteed that Stokes will make that boy a lot better QB this year...... he loves the throwing QB that has the toughness to tuck it and run when needed!!! because that makes his RB , that much better!!!
Looking forward to seeing this next season . Team should take another step to get back to the previous levels of success ( regional finals and OCCcentral titles )

Last edited:
UA gets a really promising WR from Teays Valley . A rising Soph who put up numbers at Teays as a Frosh is heading to the Marv to play his last three years . Look for possibly more of this type of migration as UA with former Coffman receiver Austen Rankin an assistant coach( one of a small handful of guys with Coffman roots on the Buttermore staff ) and offensive skills academy director of his own business could attract others to look towards the emerging new main player in the OCC Central and CO in general .

Very sad story in Dublin . A family tragedy . Condolences to those who knew this family well and to all their loved ones . I know a few people who view this space on occasion knew the family better than I. Deepest condolences to all .

Down to the last 7 games of the NFL season and the Sunday games in particular are incredibly interesting. Everyone and their brother has bet the obvious teaser of KC- 8- 8.5{ now for teaser protection the line is at 9} with Philadelphia who opened 7-7.5. Both team just need narrow wins at home vs. inferior opponents. Very obvious but you go with it and if one of those teams can win on the road over teams that are flat out better than they are? Pay the man and the ticket goes away.

Josh Allen's rushing total didn't get there for us last week as he was more content to just hold the ball and purposefully not run and or heave it up deep. Well he fumbled a few times and threw some picks. This week he will do what he does best and that is occasionally run and rip off some chunk gains. HIs total was 44.5 and I think he will need to run this week to be more effective. Daniel Jones was a nice winner for us going well over his rushing total and his play against a JV like defense [Vikes were as fortunate to win as many games as they did as any team I can remember in recent memory.} was awe inspiring to many who now have elevated the guy to elite status.

Danny Dimes isn't always throwing a ton of dimes every week. His passing total is 224.5 [Now 218} and this number was a bit jarring in the sense that I had to take it pretty quickly. Eagles defense the pass quite well and I think Barkley will be featured more this week as Philly is better at pass defense. Sheer numbers? Dimes has gone over this total 4 times this year and even more telling is the Philly defense has only given up more than this total , 2 times in 17 games. That's 6 of 29 times between the two teams. I like those odds. Longest completion was set in the lower 30's as well which seems a bit high as I think there will be running by him and a lot by Barkley.

Trevor Lawrence yardage level is 249.5. I think he may be behind again and have to chuck it around a bit more tomorrow. KC gives up more than this. Slot receiver Kirk total yardage number is 63.5 and KC doesn't cover slot receivers very well [Bottom third in the league and there should be a lot of attempts by Lawrence and the Chiefs have changed up their slot coverage by inserting a rookie who gives up more yards per game than this since he has been in that position.

TE Dallas Goedert going against a defense that routinely gets torched by TE's [Bottom 9} as we saw just last week against Hockenson. Giants took away Jefferson to an extent and that left the TE in favorable matchups. Giants may play a similar style this week to take away bigger play possibilities and that may leave Goedert in the Hockenson role this week. over 48.5 yards is a solid look. Sunday, Burrow completions number is 25.5. I have him completing a bit over that number as the running game has been lacking. Now the banged-up O-Line may prompt a more run heavy attack but Burrow as we know gets rid of the ball as quickly as anyone in football and will have to get it out a bit quicker this week and that could lead to about another 4-5 short completions.

For the first time since 1997 , we have the two conference title games with spreads under 3. Interesting tidbit is the two teams playing the lowest rated schedules in the league are SF and Philadelphia. Brock Purdy is a great story and a good player. He played a really solid defense in Dallas and they had one really impressive scoring drive all game. Purdy got away with some mistakes and probably should have had a couple of picks or certainly could have. Philly pass defense is the best in the league. They can give up some yards on the ground which the Niners do well as we know. Deebo Samuel has only 7 carries in the first two games combined, but in this spot against this pass rush and defense, I think the Niners are going to run it a bit more. McCaffery has a sore calf and Mitchell is a bit dinged as well. Both should play but I like the odds of Deebo getting about 5 carries and to go OVER the 19.5 rushing yards.

Got Purdy at UNDER 220.5 and that is long gone and impossible to find. Line seems a bit off here. Consider, Purdy has gone under this total 5 of the 8 games he has played. The 3 games he went over came against teams that were an average of 15th ranked against the pass. Just average. The Eagles are anything but average. They are ranked first in THREE key categories including net passing defense, yards per attempt, and have the top-rated pass rush in the league. They are fifth best in overall pass coverage. The last 14 games teams have only gone over this total ONE time. In the 14 games the average has been 183 yards given up. A correlated play would be UNDER 45.5 yards receiving for Ayouk, who will be going against some really good cover guys in Bradbury and Slay. How good are these guys playing? Bradbury in the last 8 contests has given up an average of 17 yards in coverage. Slay a whopping 28, both well under this total. Eagles RB Kenny Gainwell who went off against a more JV like Giants defense, is listed as a receiver at a puny 7.5 yards. He has been targeted at least once in 8 straight games. SF defense is suspect in one area. The Niners are suspect in one area on defense. They are 26th ranked overall in defending RB's out of the backfield and are ranked 16th in yards given up to running backs in the pass game. Gainwell should get a couple targets and get over that 7.5 yards.

Obviously, the biggest story of this weekend is Mahomes ankle sprain. He has looked pretty spry in a few clips of practice the last two days. This info has moved the line from KC - 1.5 TO - 1 , then Cincy - 1 , to 2 to 2.5 back to 1.5 , to 1 and then after the Mahomes version of the Zapruder film , KC back up to -1.5. These games are juicy. The best 4 left are these teams, no doubt in most people's minds. Got a few early props that I think can get there in this game. Backup TE Gray for KC , has gone over the initial 10.5 receiving yards 9 of the last 10 games. He averages 17.6 yards this season. Back-ups have gone over this total against the Bengals 4 of the last 6 and they aren't that great at defending TE's in general. Of course they will have to limit Kelce to some degree, but they have given up the 7th most yards to TE's and given up the 8th most catches by TE's.

RB McKinnon went for 51 yards vs. the Bengals a while back, but has gone UNDER his posted rushing total of 30.5 3 of the last 4 games and has only gone over 3 of 19 games. Bengals are pretty hot defending the run the last part of the season giving up only 3.4 a rush. McKinnon has needed at least 8 carries to get to this total and he has only gotten to 8 carries or more 3 times this year. Been pretty solid and turned a profit in player props this year overall and was 6-4 overall last week. 2-1 in larger plays. Burrow with 18 completions in the first half looked like a lock to get to 26 completions. Not so fast, he only got to 23. SMH. Most heavily bet teaser ever in the divisional round was the favorites in the Saturday games and we were on it. KC and Philly both only having to win by a FG. On Sunday we had the Dogs teased up a few points over a TD or more and they came in. Philly flat got there, Cincy plus the 5.5 got there. KC got backdoored. That late FG by Jax moved an estimated 1 billion dollars worldwide. Christian Kirk dropping that long pass hurt a prop as well.

Love the mountain time for sports. Been a great week out there overall. Back in C-Bus and college hoops has the usual massive card tomorrow. A lot of work on Friday nights. Speaking of college hoops, a sad day for some as Billy Packer has passed away at 82. He was a guy who was a bit polarizing in the respect that it seemed that people either really enjoyed his commentary or hated it and him. He was a curmudgeon to be sure. He had a ton of facts and told a good story as he commented on the play on the court. He knew the game well and could see things the average fan couldn't see, and his historical perspective was always on point. He was an ACC homer and that turned some off to be sure. The bottom line was that when he was doing the game it was almost always a big one. He made it feel big. He was informed, knowledgeable, told a good story and saw things very clearly on the court. Never got the disrespect and disdain.

Last edited:
Notre Dame was laying 10.5. And the line went to 8.5 do a middle was attempted but no chance in that but the insurance grabbing ND at -8.5 will offset the Louisville egg layer . WVU stayed within a half point of the 3.5 we got . Hopefully they come in . Oklahoma + 6.5 vs. Bama is a 2 o’clock tip

Thankful for the 4.5 teaser with L-ville + 10.5 and WVU -3.5 but damn that straight side with WVU was a brutal beat . Up 17 in the second half. Up 6 at the foul line with 25 seconds . Miss and of course give up a three . Then turn it over but still win by three. Been a decent year overall but have lost a handful of these type games and only won a few . Need a strong stomach no doubt .

Just brought up a memory that shows how quickly time goes . It’s been over a decade since that brawl in the Xavier UC game . I was in Cincy that weekend
Were you at the game or just pointing out you were in the same county....heck, maybe even same zip code as that brawl/game?

Nice bounce back from horrific WVU game with OU covering by 30 and Texas Tech laying 2 beating LSU by 8 . Love this Big 12 SEC challenge games at this time of year . No dog in this one but the Wisky Illinois game is excruciating . 42 points scored . 18 minutes left

Vegas is giving Xavier another point. It’s now +6.
Creighton is legit . One of the angles in these types of matchups is teams needing to get a type of signature win to bolster their tourney resume. [See Oklahoma crushing Bama} Just one of those days and a buzzsaw was waiting for them. Kansas + 3 at Kentucky is obviously the blue blood classic and in this one I think it goes down to the final two possessions and Kansas despite losing 3 in a row is the better overall team and can win, if not it's likely a last few possessions game and taking the points is what I will do here.

Creighton is legit . One of the angles in these types of matchups is teams needing to get a type of signature win to bolster their tourney resume. [See Oklahoma crushing Bama} Just one of those days and a buzzsaw was waiting for them. Kansas + 3 at Kentucky is obviously the blue blood classic and in this one I think it goes down to the final two possessions and Kansas despite losing 3 in a row is the better overall team and can win, if not it's likely a last few possessions game and taking the points is what I will do here.
Creighton was bad for me earlier in the month. X beat the spread earlier the week in Storrs, didn’t think they’d get spanked in Omaha. But yeah, I agree that the Jays are playing great.

Kansas didn’t need to win late and got a margin but getting 3 was a beaten down stock price because the game was closer to a pick ‘em price . Breaks a 3 game losing streak . Missouri needing a valuable win got it easily.

KC RB Pacheco has been productive and has breakaway run capability . His total is 47.5 yards and I think he will be the more featured back today and get OVER that total.

Bengals RB Perrine shredded the Chiefs earlier. His total is a paltry 17.5 yards and he has gone over that 80 percent of the time the last 10 games . 3rd down back and he rips off a modest 7 yard run and gets his normal number of attempts and he gets into the 20’s most likely .

TE Hurst is becoming more valuable and depended on . Burrow simply finds who is open and will look his way a handful of times .His total is 34.5 . His receiving totals gave climbed from 14 to 45 and 60 . He won’t likely keep that progression up but is a good play to get over mid 30’s.

Eagles pass rush is unlike anything Purdy has seen. Probably feels real pressure in a couple ways today. Got Eagles -2 and teased the Niners to 8.5 with the Bengals getting 7.5 . Think both babes should be competitive . Got Chiefs - 1. But when. Cincy was favored by 2.5 teased them getting over a TD with the total in the Philly - SF game (. Under teased up ).

Burrow a popular prop of rushing over 17.5 yards and Chase to get towards 90 yards . Davonta Smith to get into the 60’s receiving I think could be a value .

Nice night with both short home favs winning the games and the games staying under . and SF certainly stays closer than that if they had better than a 4th string guy and a rookie who cutis actually throw it . BUT they still lose if Purdy was healthy . He would have had some trouble as well if able to throw it normally .

Cincy got the worst of it from the striped men no question about it but they had chances to win but couldn’t do it and the main key going in was could the Bengals protect the passer consistently? Reminded me of the St Ed’s pass rush vs. Springfield’s young O-line . They won like KC ‘s front did yesterday and was a huge reason they won the ballgame.
Perrine didn’t get there but Mixon UNDER 14.5 carries did by 6 ., fortunate to get a larger prop play in Purdy UNDER 220 yards but it was the right call and more likely still gets there as the Eagles pass rush and outstanding secondary was too good .

That non call on an obvious hold on that last game losing shove in Mahomes was absurd because it was so obvious and helped Mahomes actually get away out of the pocket . Two blocks in the back on the punt return ? But why punt it straight down the field to a dangerous guy like Pacheco ( cashed his total yards but not rushing yards ) Cincy 2nd and three late throws deep. TWICE? And gets picked ? WTF ? Helped my straight bet on KC and the teaser with the UNDER in the Philly game was assured but I was thinking the league seemed to really be wanting KC and Mahomes to get back to the SB . I don’t think anything is actually fixed but it was pretty incompetent officiating and the incompetence really helped KC and hurt Cincy.

Speaking of penalties the Niners earned most of theirs . Very undisciplined and dumb at times . DB’s holding down field when the QB has no chance of getting that receiver the football is a big pet peeve of mine and needs to be coached better . QB flushed and running looking to throw the ball away in some cases and the defender grabs a receiver who has no chance of getting the ball ? You bail then other team out and negate a good defensive play and pass rush .

Game surprisingly opened Chiefs - 2.5 and most guys I talked with agreed that we thought it would open Eagles minus 2-3 points. Well, some good friends" of the books bet with both hands at the book limit shifting the number all the way to Eagles - 2.5 eventually where it is now Got Eagles at - 2 and am very happy with that. Eagles are clearly healthier and are better up front on both sides of the football. Watched replays of both games this morning as good as Reid is at offensive schemes? He isn't a good manager. He has lost multiple leads and games at home as a favorite in the play-offs , and a total meltdown at Indy with a big lead. He is a great play caller and offensive coach no doubt. But up 13-3 end of the first half with about 220 left he throws 3 passes all incomplete using only 12 seconds of the clock and giving it back to the Bengals who have all their TO's because they didn't have to use ANY of them. They also knew the Bengals were getting the ball to start the half. Game went from 13-3 to 13-13 lickety split . I really believe coaches are so pre-occupied staring at their play sheets they don't pay enough attention to managing and controlling the game. Especially with a lead. Would have been a terrible loss for the Chiefs who were in control towards the end of the Half. Giving up that pass to Hurst on third and very long? I was happy with that of course having Hurst on a prop , but cut the crap.

Speaking of game management, knowing the Niners had zero passing game and up big the Eagles were actually running plays with 20 seconds or more on the play clock in the second half? Had Hurts run the football as well coming off being out for a bit? WTF? I think I see the SB game as a cross between the SF-KC game where the Niners were controlling the action but gave up a long pass to get KC back in it on a play the defenders just blew by a combo blown coverage and inaction just watching the rainbow nestle into Hill's hands. An underrated part of football is controlling the game, being good at situational football, being detail oriented and playing complementary football. The Patriots in their dynastic runs [Two different ones with 10 years in the middle with no titles} were outstanding at playing complementary football. Coffman improved greatly in year two of the Stokes reign playing complementary football, using the clock shortening games, using power running, a good screen game and some well-timed throws down field that should get even better this year at that and adding to their offense by being a bit more explosive.

Game surprisingly opened Chiefs - 2.5 and most guys I talked with agreed that we thought it would open Eagles minus 2-3 points. Well, some good friends" of the books bet with both hands at the book limit shifting the number all the way to Eagles - 2.5 eventually where it is now Got Eagles at - 2 and am very happy with that. Eagles are clearly healthier and are better up front on both sides of the football. Watched replays of both games this morning as good as Reid is at offensive schemes? He isn't a good manager. He has lost multiple leads and games at home as a favorite in the play-offs , and a total meltdown at Indy with a big lead. He is a great play caller and offensive coach no doubt. But up 13-3 end of the first half with about 220 left he throws 3 passes all incomplete using only 12 seconds of the clock and giving it back to the Bengals who have all their TO's because they didn't have to use ANY of them. They also knew the Bengals were getting the ball to start the half. Game went from 13-3 to 13-13 lickety split . I really believe coaches are so pre-occupied staring at their play sheets they don't pay enough attention to managing and controlling the game. Especially with a lead. Would have been a terrible loss for the Chiefs who were in control towards the end of the Half. Giving up that pass to Hurst on third and very long? I was happy with that of course having Hurst on a prop , but cut the crap.

Speaking of game management, knowing the Niners had zero passing game and up big the Eagles were actually running plays with 20 seconds or more on the play clock in the second half? Had Hurts run the football as well coming off being out for a bit? WTF? I think I see the SB game as a cross between the SF-KC game where the Niners were controlling the action but gave up a long pass to get KC back in it on a play the defenders just blew by a combo blown coverage and inaction just watching the rainbow nestle into Hill's hands. An underrated part of football is controlling the game, being good at situational football, being detail oriented and playing complementary football. The Patriots in their dynastic runs [Two different ones with 10 years in the middle with no titles} were outstanding at playing complementary football. Coffman improved greatly in year two of the Stokes reign playing complementary football, using the clock shortening games, using power running, a good screen game and some well-timed throws down field that should get even better this year at that and adding to their offense by being a bit more explosive.
The comment about Reid being a poor game manager is poetic given that he’ll be playing his former employer, whose Super Bowl XXXIX champion ambitions got biffed up by his poor clock management.

The comment about Reid being a poor game manager is poetic given that he’ll be playing his former employer, whose Super Bowl XXXIX champion ambitions got biffed up by his poor clock management.
He is a great offensive coach. Coaching and winning in the NFL is really hard. Coaches come and go, and some are just good coordinators or position coaches. Game management is really important [see Staley :: Brandon lol} and those who aren't good at it sometimes fall by the assistant coach wayside. Go back to college, back to being just one of many coaches. Yes, that angle is a juicy one to be sure. Go back to the Eagles Patriots SB and the Eagles lack of urgency on that last drive basically ended the game even though the Eagles scored. Terrel Owens said McNabb got tired, but Reid was the coach and let it happen that way. Reid is viewed as being the greatest by many, I don't see it quite that way. I see the record and consistency and he hasn't always had Mahomes, but he isn't perfect. he can be someone who gets to caught up in play-calling and just thinking he can outscore guys so game management and situational complementary football isn't important. Second half and especially the 4th quarter are games unto themselves and not using the clock correctly, just calling plays instead of managing the game on offense and giving your opponent a chance to come back is something that happens every week in the NFL. More and more comeback wins than at any other time. Some of this is the rules favor offense but the other reason are preventable.

What happened to calling false starts on offensive tackles? It's disappeared like Richie's big brother Chuck from the Cunningham family with no explanation, like giving a punt returner a few yards of space to catch the ball. Now? the returner can accurately predict what the gunner had for his pre-game meal. Did Chuck ever help Richie get that fake ID ?

Punt returner was Moore not Pacheco .Still can’t believe the Bengals only attempted 17 called runs . 45 passes with a few backups going against two good elite pass rushers ?

Last edited: