Dublin Coffman 2022

by the way where does he say that all you have to do is work hard in the off season and compete with the St X and the Pick Cent teams of the world..... thats just part of process.

That’s what he’s selling, the last staff/players weren’t tough enough/committed enough, they could “win reg season games” but not the big one. Remember, Stokes said Coffman won a lot of “regular season games”. I take that as an inference that he and his staff will teach the “process” of winning in the playoffs (which is something Crabtree also did). And qualifying for the playoffs at sub .500 doesn’t count, especially when you’ve already done something Crabtree never did, go under .500.

Again, “be there”, very similar to almost every coach in the state. Again, 20 years of tremendous success at theD1 level and you think for a second that offseason training was not pushed and 100% mandatory (with the occasional outlier). The program would’ve never achieved that amount of success at the D1 level if it was just a free-wheeling, come and go as you please program. You’d have to be completely ignorant of all things football to believe that ??.

Punish the entire team if a 3-sport player, for example, misses a workout because he just wrestled the night before and has another match coming up in a day, he would punish the entire team for that? Or is it just “no-call, no-shows? Just trying to figure the “process” out.
sorry , not the entire team, just the workout group.... that the player was in, usually 4-5 players

teaches that you are accountable to your teammates...

Of course you think differently . I wasn’t wrong about you after all . ( not a compliment ) So were you a DeSakes game attendee most Fridays over the years ? Just curious
Make a list of all of the questions you want to ask me. Ask away tomorrow night at the scrimmage. You and I are bound to find some common ground.

Again, “be there”, very similar to almost every coach in the state. Again, 20 years of tremendous success at theD1 level and you think for a second that offseason training was not pushed and 100% mandatory (with the occasional outlier). The program would’ve never achieved that amount of success at the D1 level if it was just a free-wheeling, come and go as you please program. You’d have to be completely ignorant of all things football to believe that ??.

Punish the entire team if a 3-sport player, for example, misses a workout because he just wrestled the night before and has another match coming up in a day, he would punish the entire team for that? Or is it just “no-call, no-shows? Just trying to figure the “process” out.
where did i say it was a free wheeling program.... i don't know what Crabtree's requirement were, that is why i ASKED

not sure about kids at Coffman, but under Stokes, you were not allowed to miss the 6am workouts, the player was responsible for being there, and if he wasn't , the group paid for a kid not being there.... didn't matter if it was a 3 year starter or a wide eyed freshman, kids did not miss workouts, and that is part of what Stokes is about.... thats part of the process, I am not going to blame ANY coach for putting down their rules, it has been successful for Stokes, so i know a lot of posters on here have a problem with the way Stokes runs the program, but guess what he does not care a rats about what other people think, he is only worried about the boys in the locker room.. it's that simple...
Not many coaches worth their salt give a rats behind what people on Yappi and outsiders think. Again, stokes no different in that regard to 90%of coaches in Ohio. But somehow has some believing he is, I give him kudos for that I guess.

Answering that question honestly is going to cause a ruckus.

the loyalists are going to say they were all there all the time.

Those who saw it different will say the players who proclaimed themselves stars came and went as they wanted and worked out with who they wanted.

I’ll let them banter among themselves. Nothing to gain by it and this talk only moves things backward.

I believe stokes literally said the program had kids that didn’t show up until august so hiswords probably mean something.

This isn't true that kids showed up until August.

A lot of kids had football camps, travel baseball tournaments, fargo wrestling. They all communicated with the coaching staff about the dates that they would be gone/missing. Stokes was upset that they missed time in June/July. Remember last year there was no ten day coaching period, so he wanted to put everything in during June/July, so if the starting qb,tb,wr,lb were on visits/games, he went off on the players.

Then last years senior class got labeled quitters and "Not Buying in".

AHM you are fake and have zero correct facts about DC football. If you have any questions just ask.

where did i say it was a free wheeling program.... i don't know what Crabtree's requirement were, that is why i ASKED
I’m certainly not trying to come across as a jerk bigkat. I was simply pointing out that by looking at 20 years of success, isn’t it a little difficult to believe that players just came and went as they pleased? Or just showed up in August?
When the numbers of players were close to 100 at times, there would certainly be some kids not as committed as others, those kids are everywhere, and they typically don’t end up being players, it kind of works itself out.

My “ignorant to believe” comment, was just general to everyone not specifically directed at you, apologies.

A lot of kids had football camps, travel baseball tournaments, fargo wrestling. They all communicated with the coaching staff about the dates that they would be gone/missing. Stokes was upset that they missed time in June/July. Remember last year there was no ten day coaching period, so he wanted to put everything in during June/July, so if the starting qb,tb,wr,lb were on visits/games, he went off on the players.

AHM you are fake and have zero correct facts about DC football. If you have any questions just ask.
that sounds like Stokes...

Aren’t all the answers to the questions anyone has in the interviews? Directly from stokes mouth? Why mad at me about that? I’m not him. But if it gives you satisfaction to shoot the messenger go for it.

just so anyone can read between the lines: stokes wasn’t the only one who felt this way. The people that hired him had to have felt the same. Or they wouldn’t have hired him.

Aren’t all the answers to the questions anyone has in the interviews? Directly from stokes mouth? Why mad at me about that? I’m not him. But if it gives you satisfaction to shoot the messenger go for it.

just so anyone can read between the lines: stokes wasn’t the only one who felt this way. The people that hired him had to have felt the same. Or they wouldn’t have hired him.
Yeah, Tony Pusateri was a moron that couldn’t see this toxic culture. The former basketball coach and former decorated MS football coach turned principal saw it though??. (Love Coach Pu, heavy sarcasm intended).

Yeah, Tony Pusateri was a moron that couldn’t see this toxic culture. The former basketball coach and former decorated MS football coach turned principal saw it though??. (Love Coach Pu, heavy sarcasm intended).
I love Tony too. My opinion is that when he retired a lot of things changed.

I’m logging out for the day but I’ll see you Harry tomorrow night at Pick Central.

It’s a message board. I’ve posted your flip-flop nature from the beginning of last season. But now, “you’re fully on board”.

The reason is that you have zero clue. Crager will be coach, to “no overnight camps”, to Stokes is the best thing to happen to Coffman since sliced bread mentality. Back and forth, flip-flop, flip-flop.

I’ve stayed consistent from the beginning, you’re welcome to check my consistency of statements. Stokes has been a successful coach, but his “process” ( that is so world-renowned, he’s still coaching HS football) at the D1 level still remains a work in progress, and according to his own words, if Coffman doesn’t become a year in- year out state title competitor, his “process” failed to produce what the former coach’s process (that he openly denigrates) delivered.

There was such a culture of winning that players knew what was expected of them if they wanted to play and contribute. Winning is what filled the weight room in the off-season.

I'm just fighting for the players. I guess if he said that to some magazine or in a interview that the kids had bad attendance and didn't show up until August, that is his way of covering himself for a rough year. Lets get serious, what D1 OCC high school would allow varsity players to play if they didn't show up until Aug? That's just silly and a lie for anyone to say that.

Everyone knows the talent level at DC is down last year and in the next couple, but to throw everyone under the bus to satisfy your ego, isn't right. The team is working hard, they have made big gains in the weight room and they have a new D-Coord who has good attendance this year.

No you won’t . Is that a threat ? I’ll be there and I honestly don’t know who you are or want to . If you come near me we will have a problem
I will never threaten or hurt anyone. That’s not my deal and never will be. I don’t call names and I’ll never be mean. No need to feel scared or threatened. Tiger stadium will be a well populated public place. See you tomorrow night!

AHM if you are talking about the DC AD wanting to hire a replacement for Crabtree that ran a tighter ship, then yes.

But attendance problems and kids not showing up until Aug last year isn't true. Someone has an ego and is covering themselves after a 4-8 season.

Dude you are crossing serious lines here again . What the actual blank don’t you understand about my feelings on this and about you ? What is wrong with you ,! I really thought you respected my thoughts ? n this type of creepiness . I have zero interest . Do you understand ?
I don’t understand what lines are being crossed? Nothing creepy about rocks football. Or scrimmaging. Or fans being fans. Unless I’m missing something.
7:00 tomorrow night.

AHM if you are talking about the DC AD wanting to hire a replacement for Crabtree that ran a tighter ship, then yes.

But attendance problems and kids not showing up until Aug last year isn't true. Someone has an ego and is covering themselves after a 4-8 season.
You and I are not disagreeing here.

Dude im
Not scared or threatened . You’re being the worst kind of troll there is . Im
Not talking violence . Im
Taking decency and respecting my
Wishes ., I have zero interest .
I don’t know what you’re getting at here. My values are those of respect and decency so we’re coming from the same base. That’s good to know and will make for a great scrimmage environment.