Dublin Coffman 2022

Saw that Kat and interjected that to the people I was watching with [ Coffman coach , coached that kid at his previous school. } Very cool . Good for him .
Eli Wolf his Brother, is on the Practice squad for the Colts.... he played at TENN, and then finished at Georgia last year, is also a TE...... great kids and family..... they have a sister that is her first year at Miami OH playing basketball..... pretty good genes in that family...

Yes I know all the history and YOUR history and YOUR attitudes and your takes [Many chitty ones the racist bigoted old-fashioned stupid ETC. ] You act as if you know the details about everything but never talk about what got him suspended? IF you knew that story you would think it ridiculous as those with a clue do. You've brought ALL of this up many times before. By all means bring up all of what you perceive as dirt. Why would it embarrass me? Angry lonely old men act like you do I feel for you. I really do. By all means keep going. I mean it. It obviously makes you feel better to act as if you are better than others more ethical holier lmao. } I know and see what you do but think much less of it than you do. Maybe you are much more judgmental bore. Yes I know the Phipps story, MANY programs have Senior transfers, some many more over the years recently than Coffman. Some get to play only 5 games. Lie? k. Drennan being a diva has been talked about by me for years. This is news? Kid said he was hurt. Crabtree just let him not play when healthy is your take? LIE. I think you're a racist person. PERIOD. No one admits being racist so don't bother with the denial. Tread lightly? A threat? From you? Go for it. Disclose all the dirt you say you have . By all means. I'm fine with you doing it. You are so disingenuous. That and being a long-time troll denotes the chit stain of a person you are. TRUTH .

That guy posed a legit question. WAIT a minute" This guy is a Coffman fan now"?? Phony disingenuous troll.
You would not be fine with it. As evidenced by you being triggered by a gif.
I like you Harry. I thought about going there. I’m not going there.

You would not be fine with it. As evidenced by you being triggered by a gif.
I like you Harry. I thought about going there. I’m not going there.
I would be fine with you crapping as much as you want on the program as you have for a long time now. Be genuine. Don't imply. Don't say you've been a big fan for years, get it off your chest. That was then this is now, obviously what the program was for a long time angered you enough to periodically crap on the culture the kids and the coaches. You did that. Nothing personal with me. I didn't take it personal that the team had a diva. That a Senior transfer didn't know the rules [You say Crabtree lied, did he lie to you?} You had huge problems with the program, now you don't. Different day now. Dish all you want. You've done it before for years. Why stop now? Why keep repeating the same things for years now. I probably know some things you would consider truly awful, and I wouldn't but try us. Seriously, you're a big fan now that things are being cleaned up [Your perception not the majority of kids parents and other administrators the last 20 years}. That poster is also mainly a troll on other threads. I wasn't triggered, at all he doesn't know anything about what's talked about here or anywhere else really. I asked legit questions as to why he was posting. [He reads for some reason} He knows i would never read any thread he might start or post a lot of in. I was just curious as to why now.

I have nothing to do with any nefarious Coffman program behavior, you have all the information. if you are going to imply it, why not just dish and let everyone know who followed and respected the program and its people that they were indeed wrong. Have some guts LOL

You care about Coffman football? Hmm tell us a bit about yourself adn what about the content here interests you ? A lot of people just read and never really post unless they have an actual take or interest on the content. Just curious why you read a thread like this and what about it interests you and why you would care? Probably one of the few gifs posted here in years. Not that type of thread. I know guys like you read this sapce, but if I may ask, why post now?
Fan of MAC schools and I am interested in seeing how stokes does. You losing your mind when someone questions your knowledge is an added bonus. "Near photographic" memory was one of my favorites. Carry on.

I would be fine with you crapping as much as you want on the program as you have for a long time now. Be genuine. Don't imply. Don't say you've been a big fan for years, get it off your chest. That was then this is now, obviously what the program was for a long time angered you enough to periodically crap on the culture the kids and the coaches. You did that. Nothing personal with me. I didn't take it personal that the team had a diva. That a Senior transfer didn't know the rules [You say Crabtree lied, did he lie to you?} You had huge problems with the program, now you don't. Different day now. Dish all you want. You've done it before for years. Why stop now? Why keep repeating the same things for years now. I probably know some things you would consider truly awful, and I wouldn't but try us. Seriously, you're a big fan now that things are being cleaned up [Your perception not the majority of kids parents and other administrators the last 20 years}. That poster is also mainly a troll on other threads. I wasn't triggered, at all he doesn't know anything about what's talked about here or anywhere else really. I asked legit questions as to why he was posting. [He reads for some reason} He knows i would never read any thread he might start or post a lot of in. I was just curious as to why now.

I have nothing to do with any nefarious Coffman program behavior, you have all the information. if you are going to imply it, why not just dish and let everyone know who followed and respected the program and its people that they were indeed wrong. Have some guts LOL
I never brought up Crabtree in my previous post. But you did.
I simply asked you to make some predictions on stokes.
Might be a good day for you to get that Valium prescription Harry.

Fan of MAC schools and I am interested in seeing how stokes does. You losing your mind when someone questions your knowledge is an added bonus. "Near photographic" memory was one of my favorites. Carry on.
You aren't a good liar. This guy has little interest in how Stokes does, He came here today to troll me personally. He knows how Stokes did and if he cared he would have posted before now. He doesn't know or care about Dublin Coffman and his attitude towards HS football is parents} are creepy if they even go watch games [His words } . Memory thing is true by the way.

You aren't a good liar. This guy has little interest in how Stokes does, He came here today to troll me personally. He knows how Stokes did and if he cared he would have posted before now. He doesn't know or care about Dublin Coffman and his attitude towards HS football is parents} are creepy if they even go watch games [His words } . Memory thing is true by the way.
Not lying. And your memory is not that great. I have proven that to you time and time again in other parts of yappi. Looks like others are picking up on that as well.

Carry on.

I never brought up Crabtree in my previous post. But you did.
I simply asked you to make some predictions on stokes.
Might be a good day for you to get that Valium prescription Harry.
I did give you my predictions on how I think the program is going to do going forward. Meds and gas lighting smack. You've been a long detractor which is your right of course. But being a disingenuous troll seems to be trending here.today.

Loved 'Wait a minute " AHM is a Coffman fan now" I mean how priceless is that? Everyone knows how much you bashed and hated the program over the years. You are like the kid who covers his face and doesn't think anyone can see him.

Picking up on my memory 'Not being that great"[I think I have proven over time that it is actually} Dude you have proven nothing to me or anyone else time and time again except that you're a troll in the echo chamber part of the forums. You would have posted before if you cared. Everyone here knows my knowledge and memory and respects it. You're trolling here for the first time for some reason and it's not because you care about Stokes. or former MAC coaches. Anyone can see that. So, needing to come here to troll because other threads aren't enough? You caring about ANY subject matter is hilarious [ He doesn't care of know much about any of it } never mind Coffman's football coach because HE USED to coach in the MAC.

Last edited:
I did give you my predictions on how I think the program is going to do going forward. Meds and gas lighting smack. You've been a long detractor which is your right of course. But being a disingenuous troll seems to be trending here.today.

Loved 'Wait a minute " AHM is a Coffman fan now" I mean how priceless is that? Everyone knows how much you bashed and hated the program over the years . You are like the kid who covers his face

Picking up on my memory 'Not being that great"[I think I have proven over time that it is actually} Dude you have proven nothing to me or anyone else time and time again except that you're a troll in the echo chamber part of the forums. You would have posted before if you cared. Everyone here knows my knowledge and memory and respects it. You're trolling here for the first time for some reason and it's not because you care about Stokes. or former MAC coaches. Anyone can see that.
Not everyone knows and respects it. ?‍♂️

you need to get out of this thread. It’s not going good for you. Take the rest of the day off. Think about the past 20 years (I mean the 20 years before this past year). Bask in the memories!
relive some of the dominating victories! Those were the days!

Crack a cold one and sit back and remember when we used to crush the competition! Westland never had a chance! Growl!

Last edited:
I guess everyone was a bit too far. But many haven't come to read for years without having some respect for it. I don'[t respect the person you've been here over the years and think being a purposeful troll is as bad as it gets really from a personal standpoint. And being disingenuous about who you've been is really bad form. Wait a minute AHM is a Coffman fan now!! Love that.

Harry is losing it.
No , what I said in the post referring to you is the absolute truth. And that was the only thing you could come back with. You think people don't look at how you came in and don't see that you're just a troll , have never posted here before and think you're just coming in because you care how former MAC coaches are doing? They see you. They don't know who and what you are like I do, but they see what your purpose here was.

you need to get out of this thread. It’s not going good for you. Take the rest of the day off. Think about the past 20 years (I mean the 20 years before this past year). Bask in the memories!
relive some of the dominating victories! Those were the days!

Crack a cold one and sit back and remember when we used to crush the competition! Westland never had a chance! Growl!

You yourself have said you liked and respected my insight. But then again you are a disingenuous troll lol , That's OK. WAIT AHM is a Coffman fan now? lol [Really am laughing by the way so you posing as a fan has been funny to me. Now this is better. Most think the past regime dd a nice job, won a lot of games produced good kids. Was a respected program especially in CO. You think otherwise. Your opinions carry a lot of weight here lol. I am not blaming anyone including the coaches, but good lord I hope there is at least ONE GAME that is over by halftime next year. {Coffman leading} Seriously. When was the last time Coffman went a whole season not having even ONE easy win? 25 -30 years? Longer? When was the last 8 loss season? Preceded my time here. That much I can say. Anyone have that answer?

Last edited:
You yourself have said you liked and respected my insight. But then again you are a disingenuous troll lol , That's OK . WAIT AHM is a Coffman fan now? lol [Really am laughing by the way so you posing as a fan has been funny to me.
I do. I like your insight. It’s cute in a way. You’re so committed.
Buy today isn’t your day. Take the “L”. It happens. Try again tomorrow.

I do. I like your insight. It’s cute in a way. You’re so committed.
Buy today isn’t your day. Take the “L”. It happens. Try again tomorrow.
So if I lost, that means YOU won something? Explain that lol. Not really. I mean you aren't respected much by pretty much everyone who reads this space. They see the many years trolling the program in some cases and the more recent readers the year's long troll. I have said a few times that you being such a loyal fan of the program now, can may be start your own thread. Just a suggestion. You can still troll here because it seems to make you happy, but just something to consider. A man who claims to know a lot more about football than I do seems like a sure bet to have a really interesting thread for others to follow. I mean I may not read it but I'm a tougher critic, but I see how much people here like your insight and inside info that you never seem to share.

So if I lost, that means YOU won something? Explain that lol. Not really. I mean you aren't respected much by pretty much everyone who reads this space. They see the many years trolling the program in some cases and the more recent readers the year's long troll. I have said a few times that you being such a loyal fan of the program now, can may be start your own thread. Just a suggestion. You can still troll here because it seems to make you happy, but just something to consider. A man who claims to know a lot more about football than I do seems like a sure bet to have a really interesting thread for others to follow. I mean I may not read it but I'm a tougher critic, but I see how much people here like your insight and inside info that you never seem to share.
Ok

OK You will start your own thread [And still be sure to come here to set me straight because I don't know anything and inform the readers what the principal said}. You being a long-term detractor of the program and now a really big fan [You even watch the boys lift apparently} is a unique dynamic. You offer a different perspective.

Wentz is going to miss the Raiders game after testing positive [Unvaccinated} which throws a wrench into my futures play. Take the good with the bad of course as it benefited me last night with the Saints losing. You never know when the other shoe will drop with teams and players. The number of cases is going up and some teams will have their fortunes tied to a test result. Most are vaccinated and will have a chance to play if they test negative a couple times before the game. We knew this was a possibility all year and it comes at a terrible time for them. Sam Ehlinger the former Texas QB will probably start. Better chance than 4th string Ian Book winning a game against a tough defense like Miami, but Colts were on a roll and now? Not so much.

Houston winning now 17-13 will certainly cover for us. About 2 minutes left. NC State +2.5 to beat UCLA is in play. WAS in play. Game got Covided. Defense will win this one which could be a higher scoring game ironically. Both have offenses that should do some things here, but the NC State defense is > than UCLA's softer unit. That was my thought and yet another game squashed by the Omicron.

This space has been fortunate going back to the old Huddle days in being devoid of real trolls. Straight football stuff mostly with some other stuff thrown in that some like{D} and some didn't, things that some are interested in, and others may skip over. Different angles, opinions on fundamental stuff and more theory. Strategy, schemes, and motivations and game write-ups. Predictions, opinions and some some facts and numbers. Now there is a fine line between normal disagreement even if it goes a bit too far emotionally. Guys argue about sports opinions all the time. No one gets it right all the time, very few opinions are unanimously agreed upon. Some are going to be unhappy with your takes, some will embrace them and agree.

AHM has trolled some, but the fact is I do remember some posts from years ago, I do remember the context of arguments and can recall small details from a long while back where I have agreed with or disagreed and the conversation that followed. Disagreeing is not trolling. AHM is not a classic troll. I think there are times that his opinions differ from mine on basic facts that we don't disagree are facts but what those facts mean. I've trolled some myself where he is concerned in these spaces [Never go looking to threads specifically to likely troll certain individuals. Another poster said a while back that I should embrace the back adn forth and the disagreements because it is the end of an era in terms of the Old Huddle days where the back and forth was pretty good. Differing opinions on some programs and the back and forth that sometimes got out of hand was interesting. Some of us apologized to each other some didn't.

So, hearing and remembering the guy's advice to embrace the occasional back and forth and enjoy it is good advice { Dock } . Apologize for the personal stuff and move along and enjoy the football. I include some of the stuff that goes to others away from this forum and will continue to do so even if some couldn't care less about the content. Some have told me they do so I include it. Moving forward I hope AHM gives his opinions and may be starts a thread next season if he is indeed a Rocks fan. This space has a shelf life and it's possibly coming down towards the end or may be another year or so. New Year's resolutions are not a thing that I usually partake in and AHM was a bit snarky with mentioning them, but I was a bit disrespectful myself, but probably just letting the occasional difference of opinion and or troll post go is a good one. Or be more consistent because I go long stretches just letting things go. Troll only guys are a pet peeve.

This being said, as I said, there is really very little overt trolling going on here. Yes, one troll came here for the first time, and he stuck out like a sore thumb because it was so obviously different than 99 percent of the posts here because there are no new people coming here trolling anyone. It just doesn't happen. There are major disagreements, some sarcasm and some insults hurled, but it's done by people who actually care about the content and can get emotional about it. They aren't emotional about the poster. That is the difference. So AHM was right, getting personal is not constructive and overtly trolling people is not even remotely a staple here. Keeping it that way is best. We saw the difference today. There was no opinion or evidence of even caring about what was being talked about by one person, just the need to troll me, and the other was an actual knowledge of the program and someone at least caring about the content. Hopefully the troll only guys continue to stay away. Been great not having to deal with that or them in these spaces for many years now.

Last edited:
Good start to the day with Houston winning, and a lot of scoring so far in the AF- Louisville game. 28-14 near halftime [54.5 OVER play}.

Wentz is going to miss the Raiders game after testing positive [Unvaccinated} which throws a wrench into my futures play. Take the good with the bad of course as it benefited me last night with the Saints losing. You never know when the other shoe will drop with teams and players. The number of cases is going up and some teams will have their fortunes tied to a test result. Most are vaccinated and will have a chance to play if they test negative a couple times before the game. We knew this was a possibility all year and it comes at a terrible time for them. Sam Ehlinger the former Texas QB will probably start. Better chance than 4th string Ian Book winning a game against a tough defense like Miami, but Colts were on a roll and now? Not so much.

Houston winning now 17-13 will certainly cover for us. About 2 minutes left. NC State +2.5 to beat UCLA is in play. WAS in play. Game got Covided. Defense will win this one which could be a higher scoring game ironically. Both have offenses that should do some things here, but the NC State defense is > than UCLA's softer unit. That was my thought and yet another game squashed by the Omicron.

This space has been fortunate going back to the old Huddle days in being devoid of real trolls. Straight football stuff mostly with some other stuff thrown in that some like{D} and some didn't, things that some are interested in, and others may skip over. Different angles, opinions on fundamental stuff and more theory. Strategy, schemes, and motivations and game write-ups. Predictions, opinions and some some facts and numbers. Now there is a fine line between normal disagreement even if it goes a bit too far emotionally. Guys argue about sports opinions all the time. No one gets it right all the time, very few opinions are unanimously agreed upon. Some are going to be unhappy with your takes, some will embrace them and agree.

AHM has trolled some, but the fact is I do remember some posts from years ago, I do remember the context of arguments and can recall small details from a long while back where I have agreed with or disagreed and the conversation that followed. Disagreeing is not trolling. AHM is not a classic troll. I think there are times that his opinions differ from mine on basic facts that we don't disagree are facts but what those facts mean. I've trolled some myself where he is concerned in these spaces [Never go looking to threads specifically to likely troll certain individuals. Another poster said a while back that I should embrace the back adn forth and the disagreements because it is the end of an era in terms of the Old Huddle days where the back and forth was pretty good. Differing opinions on some programs and the back and forth that sometimes got out of hand was interesting. Some of us apologized to each other some didn't.

So, hearing and remembering the guy's advice to embrace the occasional back and forth and enjoy it is good advice { Dock } . Apologize for the personal stuff and move along and enjoy the football. I include some of the stuff that goes to others away from this forum and will continue to do so even if some couldn't care less about the content. Some have told me they do so I include it. Moving forward I hope AHM gives his opinions and may be starts a thread next season if he is indeed a Rocks fan. This space has a shelf life and it's possibly coming down towards the end or may be another year or so. New Year's resolutions are not a thing that I usually partake in and AHM was a bit snarky with mentioning them, but I was a bit disrespectful myself, but probably just letting the occasional difference of opinion and or troll post go is a good one. Or be more consistent because I go long stretches just letting things go. Troll only guys are a pet peeve.

This being said, as I said, there is really very little overt trolling going on here. Yes, one troll came here for the first time, and he stuck out like a sore thumb because it was so obviously different than 99 percent of the posts here because there are no new people coming here trolling anyone. It just doesn't happen. There are major disagreements, some sarcasm and some insults hurled, but it's done by people who actually care about the content and can get emotional about it. They aren't emotional about the poster. That is the difference. So AHM was right, getting personal is not constructive and overtly trolling people is not even remotely a staple here. Keeping it that way is best. We saw the difference today. There was no opinion or evidence of even caring about what was being talked about by one person, just the need to troll me, and the other was an actual knowledge of the program and someone at least caring about the content. Hopefully the troll only guys continue to stay away. Been great not having to deal with that or them in these spaces for many years now.
Truce ?

Speaking of the Raiders, I just saw that John Madden passed away. They were my team back in the 70's. The outlaws of the NFL. Fond memories of those Raider teams back in the day. RIP

Yes just heard that about 20 minutes ago . One of those deaths that gave me chills when I heard the news . Madden was someone who you can’t really tell the story of the modern NFL without

Had Virginia over SMU, and that isn't happening. Minnesota came through for us in the teaser and on the ML. The barrage of OVERS in the bowl games seems to be over and last night's Minnesota- WVU game was a nice UNDER for us [ 45}. SEC is 0-4 and Miss State after beating 3 top 25 teams, did lose to Memphis, and looked absolutely horrible last night. Texas Tech isn't much guys. That was a 'why even show up, just say we have covid type games.

Have definitely picked up some wins though in the bowl season after a poor start. Got Oklahoma at an early better price and with Oregon having 30 guys out the Sooners should win by a couple scores. Got Maryland at - 3 last week, it is now up to 3.5 over VA Tech. Still a good play at that price and the ML is at about - 160 .

NFL line-ups are so fluid as we head down the final stretch with some teams packing it in and heading down the mountain and others still fighting a bit and finishing stronger. Raiders have had the good fortune of facing QB's Mullens [Clev} Lock [Den} and now Ehlinger [Indy} as they fight for the play-offs. Wait and see for the bulk of the NFL plays seems the right thing to do.

Wait a minute, AHM is a Coffman fan now?
He knows people that know people bro. He was just against that winning culture that was cultivated by Crabtree and co. It was a miserable 20 years of pathetic football. With a Coach that was, get this, suspended once. It’s ok now, the former basketball coach that knows football (probably knows more about the game than Pusateri) needed a culture change. Plus a principal who’s feelings were hurt as a MS football coach because Crabby didn’t wipe his arse for him are in charge. And darn it, these guys know culture and when culture needs changed. Sounds like Stokes could’ve sold them a poop popsicle but called it chocolate, and they were all about it.

What former players were part of the interview process? If anyone has that info?

I’m optimistic about the Rocks in 2022.
they return a lot of players that got an abundance of experience against stiff competition. A year in the off season program will make a difference in their development
I also think the OCC will not be as strong. UA will be good but no where near the same. Liberty loses a lot. Bradley loses a lot. The Rocks have a chance at a big jump.

He knows people that know people bro. He was just against that winning culture that was cultivated by Crabtree and co. It was a miserable 20 years of pathetic football. With a Coach that was, get this, suspended once. It’s ok now, the former basketball coach that knows football (probably knows more about the game than Pusateri) needed a culture change. Plus a principal who’s feelings were hurt as a MS football coach because Crabby didn’t wipe his arse for him are in charge. And darn it, these guys know culture and when culture needs changed. Sounds like Stokes could’ve sold them a poop popsicle but called it chocolate, and they were all about it.

What former players were part of the interview process? If anyone has that info?
My sources tell me that the last Notre Dame QB to win an NFL game and a current Carolina Panther who played his first NFL game this past week were two of the primaries. May be one other.

When many people hear Dublin Coffman football,{ say the last 20 years , although there were some good ones before that} they think 'Quarterback play. Strong QB play. Even in the old huddle days with the pretty strong back and forth with loyal Davidson fans in the mid 2010's who had followed the local programs for a while conceded that Coffman 'Had never had a bad QB". They also said 'they always had at least a good one if not better than that. This was true.

In fact, in almost every year you either had a 100 percent chance of knowing who the starter was going to be or at least a 85-90 percent chance with a few exceptions.

2001- Brady Quinn was a Jr. first year starter on coach Crabtree's first team. First meeting Crabtree had with the team he stated, 'We are going to throw the ball here". The 2000 team with a handful of D-1 lineman was a disaster [4-6} , and Crabtree saw the potential of a strong passing attack using 4 wide formations. and went to the final four in year one. Quinn returned the next year. Coffman lost to ground heavy Gahanna in the play-offs.

2003 Jack Rafferty who had played as a young pup at St Charles under Crabtree transferred to Coffman for his Senior Yr. and put-up unreal numbers as the team lost their two top RBs, so Jack ran and threw for tons of yardage.

2004 Josh Febus was a transfer the next year and his family did stay in Dublin for a while with his brother also playing for the Rocks years later. Some in the old Huddle coined the phrase 'The Febus suite " to denote Coffman back-to-back Sr. QB transfers. Rocks were putting up big numbers and was very QB friendly. Jerome opened that year and it affected Coffman's numbers and team.

2005 Pretty much Jr. Zac Kristans job from the start and he did pretty well.

2006- Kristan returned , but was eventually pushed by Jr. Zac Stoudt, retained the job, and the Rocks came really close to beating eventual state Champ Davidson in the R-3 Final, blowing a 20-7 half time advantage.

2007 -Stoudt finally got his chance and with a loaded offense put up monster numbers. 5 receiver stable led by eventual Buckeye TE Jake Stoneburner and speedy Trey Fairchild , Stoudt led the team to a near upset of mighty ST X with double digit D-1 guys and a couple NFL guys. Coffman had two make the league in Stoneburner and fellow Buckeye Left tackle Mike Adams.

So pretty much every year it was clear from the first day of camp who the guy was to this point in that decade.

2008 - There was some light competition, but it was clear that the young Soph Cole Stoudt was going to be the guy from 2008-2010. He was and held then job for three years. he had some competition his Jr. Yr. from Desales transfer Colton Caldwell, a big 6-4 225 pounder who ended up playing TE and was quite good at it. Stoudt broke his leg [growth plate} and was done for the season in week 7 after playing lights out. Caldwell was a very good back-up and did a great job, leading the team to another R-3 final to eventual two-time state champ Davidson, outgaining them including a long TD pass from Caldwell but stalled drives and - 3 TO margin doomed them as Davidson finished drives and didn't turn it over. Would have liked to see the Davidson game with a healthy Stoudt and Caldwell at TE and first team All-state LB Brett Buehler [Knee in first play-off game} out there.

2011 -Jr. James Walsh was the guy with no competition. He had been on the roster as a Frosh and was a good prospect. Had a very nice career and was part of that really good 2012 team that was as good as anyone in Co and a state contender. Another loss to Davidson early a team they had beaten badly in the regular season with a - 4 TO margin was as disappointing if not really unexpected a loss as any I can remember.

2013 - There was some real completion here with Jr. Ben Beckett and Soph Gunnar Hoak. Beckett was more polished at that time being in the program longer, but Gunnar's ceiling was certainly higher. Beckett was QB -1 but Hoak got some real playing time including a couple starts [Davidson game in the pouring rain}

2014 Jr. Hoak took the job from the returning QB-1 Beckett as his growth from his Soph Yr. was very noticeable. Foot work was much better, accuracy, arm strength, his nuanced looking off of receivers and coming back to them, his timing, his pocket presence, manipulating safeties and firing seam route fastballs etc. The 2014 team could play with anyone that year losing a shootout to eventual State finalist Wayne.

2015 - Hoak returned, but the 2015 team wasn't as experienced and the O-Line wasn't at the same level .

2016 - Some competition but it was really Sr. Drew Hodgson's job to lose over Jr. Marucs Ernst. Ernst father played at Minster and I remember a Minster poster asking me if Ernst's kid could win the job. I said I didn't think so. Hodgson won the job and Ernst was the back-up, but the talented athlete Ernst eventually played receiver, including catching a big TD pass in a 24-3 play-off win over Davidson.

2017 Ernst won the job in a somewhat tight battle with Jr. Ethan Brown who had transferred from Marysville after his Frosh year. Ernst had a solid year but I still think along with many others that he should have run the ball more on the read options Coffman ran a lot of then,

2018 It was Browns turn and he had a really nice year and led the team to a loss to Liberty in the regional final. A big kid who was tough to take down, he threw his best pass of the year, an absolute dime on a throw to the end zone that was dropped. It would have tied the contest mid third quarter, Coffman then turned it over and never recovered.

2019 - Pretty much Mathew's job , as Soph. Maggs wasn't ready. Mathews was a very good runner and a capable passer.

2020- Covid year - with Mathews keeping his job and Maggs playing some, including as a receiver like Ernst did.

2021 - Everyone knew Maggs was the guy, and he competed his butt off in this huge rebuild in a transition year. Maggs is one of those kids who could use another year of college camps and a way to showcase his skills and gain more experience. Kind of like a prep school year that some athletes in other sports do. He has interest from some smaller schools, but I really think he can go to a higher level but needs some polish in games and I think he would get a handful of D-1 offers.

That brings us to this year where for the first time, I don't think there is a clear favorite. Sr. on the roster and a Jr. will battle it out most likely, I haven't seen [Besides some tape} either kid play. Wel, I did the then Soph. take a few snaps in mop up duty in 2020.

May be some current parents can chime in and let us know what the competition may be like at QB. Stokes being a former QB himself has been known to develop QB's well in his career. Hopefully the candidates have strong off-season's and are ready to compete hard and well.

Last edited: