Dover Tornadoes Football 2022

Taking a page out of Reno's playbook, if he thinks a team will beat him, magically he drops them
Neither you or bluestreak make any sense,Lake was replaced with Canfield who has been much better than Lake the last 3 years and has just 6 losses in 3 years 3 in the playoffs. Lake has been down all 3 years with no wins against a decent team.

Neither you or bluestreak make any sense,Lake was replaced with Canfield who has been much better than Lake the last 3 years and has just 6 losses in 3 years 3 in the playoffs. Lake has been down all 3 years with no wins against a decent team.
Interesting saying Canfield is better....2015.... Lake 15 Dover 0, 2016....Lake 48 Dover 28, 2017....Dover 30 Lake 28 Statistics for this game Dover 96 yards rushing on 20 atts, passing 17 - 29 - 2 ints for 265 yds, making a total of 49 plays for 361 yards, Statistics for Lake 197 yards rushing on 40 atts, passing 13- 33 -2 ints for 257 yds , making a total of 73 plays for 454 yards....2018... Lake 41 Dover 21. Dover is 2 and 1 against Canfield ...where as 1 and 3 against Lake

Interesting saying Canfield is better....2015.... Lake 15 Dover 0, 2016....Lake 48 Dover 28, 2017....Dover 30 Lake 28 Statistics for this game Dover 96 yards rushing on 20 atts, passing 17 - 29 - 2 ints for 265 yds, making a total of 49 plays for 361 yards, Statistics for Lake 197 yards rushing on 40 atts, passing 13- 33 -2 ints for 257 yds , making a total of 73 plays for 454 yards....2018... Lake 41 Dover 21. Dover is 2 and 1 against Canfield ...where as 1 and 3 against Lake
You can't really make a fair comparison, because Dover was better some years and worse others, and I am sure some games could have gone either way against both opponents. What is for sure is Canfield and Dover were both very good last year, Dover beat Canfield head to head and Canfield played Chardon the closest out of everyone on their way to winning the state championship.

You left out that I said Canfield has been better the last 3 years.
The 2015,2016 and 2017 Dover teams were a lot like the last 3 Lake teams going 5-5,7-4 and 6-4 and had few wins over any real good teams.

You left out that I said Canfield has been better the last 3 years.
The 2015,2016 and 2017 Dover teams were a lot like the last 3 Lake teams going 5-5,7-4 and 6-4 and had few wins over any real good teams.
The point I was making is that Ifft has stopped this series twice. Lake has continued trying to schedule Dover, but Dover has not wanted to continue. This series would be better for both teams then both of us playing Akron East...and I am not saying that East is an easy team...their d line was men among boys and they will be back this year..its just we both have great schedules where this game would help both of us get ready for the rest of the season, along with better income for both schools. I also think that Dover would want to play Louisville home and home then both schools playing Linsly.

The East matchup has been a good one and they look to be really good again this year plus they come to Dover every season. I don’t see Dover dropping East

I think Dover will be fine. Got alot coming back. Pretty young team I think only had like 14 seniors. Do lose some good players though which usually happens to every team. But Dover is usually always good and I look forward to another good run.

Nothing seen or heard from the local media but Joey Farthing scored on a 40 yard kick return in the north south all star game last week,not sure if he had any other hi lights. He is sure showing his athletic ability this spring. YSU got a steal.

Local media is non existent anymore. If coaches don’t submit report it does not get coverage. TR is done.

Maybe it's just me, but I've become disturbed recently over the use of Tornadoes as a nickname, particularly as it relates to football.

Remember attending East Orientals games with my friends in the late 60's early 70's . And my dad was a i935 grad of old East High

You would be surprised, the East fans support pretty good it has been a good game since the get go and might be attracting some outside support plus they have a band and last year a student section.
Plus Dover fans just fill up both sides when they know a team has less of a following. Dude's right though, no reason we shouldn't be playing Lake. Especially when Canada is on the schedule again.

Dover boys broke the all time school record for regular season wins in football basketball and baseball at 49-4 this broke the previous record set in the 1930

It looks like Dover’s schedule is complete for this upcoming year:

Scrimmage 1: vs GlenOak
Scrimmage 2: at Ashland
Week 1- at Mentor Lake Catholic
Week 2- vs Akron East
Week 3- vs Indian Valley
Week 4- vs Taylor Allderdice (PA)
Week 5- at Steubenville
Week 6- vs Canfield
Week 7- vs Columbus DeSales
Week 8- at Boardman
Week 9- at Linsly (WV)
Week 10- at New Philadelphia

That week 5-8 stretch is gonna be tough.

Last edited:
It looks like Dover’s schedule is complete for this upcoming year (minus a potential home scrimmage- GlenOak maybe?):

Scrimmage: at Ashland
Week 2- vs Akron East
Week 3- vs Indian Valley
Week 4- vs Lorne Park (Can)
Week 5- at Steubenville
Week 6- vs Canfield
Week 8- at Boardman
Week 9- at Linsly (WV)

Boardman may have a lot of talent but they have atrocious coaching that always costs them games they should have won.

It looks like Dover’s schedule is complete for this upcoming year (minus a potential home scrimmage- GlenOak maybe?):

Scrimmage: at Ashland
Week 2- vs Akron East
Week 3- vs Indian Valley
Week 4- vs Lorne Park (Can)
Week 5- at Steubenville
Week 6- vs Canfield
Week 8- at Boardman
Week 9- at Linsly (WV)

Brutal,good talent returning, depth won’t be what it was last year.

Heard there is going to be a decent change in the coaching staff, two coaches from the younger ranks, and one out of college. Also heard they will be running the ball even more this year possibly bringing back the wing T. MIGHT be a good choice considering that they have 3 tightends coming back along with some big guys to fill the the vacant o line spots

Looks like Dover has been bumped up to D2 and will be in the “Columbus and Canton” region:

Attachments

• 56B78F80-6B2C-4536-9419-D3A6CB98E682.jpeg
    56B78F80-6B2C-4536-9419-D3A6CB98E682.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 50
Schedule change,Lorne Park is out, a probable replacement has been found and they will be an upgrade from Lorne Park.