Dover Basketball 2021-22

Anybody know anything about Fitch?
Their record isn’t good but they have played a lot of close games this year. Beat Canfield 2 times and Glenoak…probably their 2 best wins. Dover should win relatively comfortably but they shouldn’t overlook Fitch and make it closer than it should be.

Very tough loss for the Tornadoes, Definitely would like to have that one back, Just seemed to be playing in slow motion all night, not the Same Dover team from the past couple weeks!
Defense wasn’t playing well at all. Down the stretch they left 2 kids wide open for layups. They weren’t moving their feet so they were consistently getting called for hand checking. Bad night all the way around.

Why doesn't dover schedule more federal league type teams during regular season to help prepare them for post season? Every year we hear how strong they but they never deliver... just another example.
They should schedule more Fed teams. But they might lose an BVK likes wins so he can pad his alltime win mark. Coach Ifft ,however, plays a tough regular season to get ready for they playoffs, see the results. No WAY Dover should lose to a 28 seed.

I get the hatred for Dover, sorta of. Until the OHSAA has at least has 5 divisions for basketball, the Dover’s of the world have No chance to win more then a game or 2 in the basketball tournament. I get football rules, but this is a joke around the State for lower level D-1 schools.

4 divisions is plenty. At one time there were more high schools in Ohio then now , an they only had 2 divisions. 7 divisions in football is too many anyway.
I get the hatred for Dover, sorta of. Until the OHSAA has at least has 5 divisions for basketball, the Dover’s of the world have No chance to win more then a game or 2 in the basketball tournament. I get football rules, but this is a joke around the State for lower level D-1 schools.

The poor shooting night was the demise not the school size,Dover outrebouded Fitch 34-18 but so many shots rimmed out, from Fitch scoring on the opening tip Dover played slow.
Regarding the schedule,Dover used 13 games on 2 league affiliations played Lake and Tri Valley (#7 in the state at the time) they played in the Steve Smith classic and the Hoover classic against a good Granville team plus hosted a holiday tournament featuring some good names that happened to have a bad year in Benedictine.

I believe that it has nothing to do with the size of the school. The schedule does not prepare them for a long tournament run. Looking at their schedule, I believe there are at least 25 teams that would go 20-2 or better in the Cleveland area with that schedule. The only team on Dover's schedule that has any history at the D1 level of being good is Lake. As a comparison, Strongsville, in 2017-2018 went 6-16 (0-11 in the GCC league: Medina, Elyria, Solon, Mentor, Brunswick, Euclid, Shaker Heights) lost most by double digits and then advanced to the District Final where they lost at the last second to a good Lorain team. The Austintown Fitch schedule for this year includes (some of these teams may have been down this year but traditionally they are strong) Chaney, Boardman, Massilon Washington, Erie McDowell, Canfield, Boardman, Copley, Warren Harding, Canfield, Struthers). It is a shame because I think that Dover has a good team. They probably would have gone; ????? 15-7/14-8 with that schedule. That Fitch schedule doesn't compare to a schedule that a Medina or Solon play. You have to play better teams to get to that level.

Pretty solid senior class for Dover. Not sure that’s ever happened in Dovers history.
This has been the senior class
Dover fans have been waiting for. Have done well in the regular season, but have struggled in the tournaments. I say this class so far has underachieved.

4 divisions is plenty. At one time there were more high schools in Ohio then now , an they only had 2 divisions. 7 divisions in football is too many anyway.
Then redistribute teams.... doesn't have to be 200 teams in each division. Make division 1 for teams with certain enrollments and cut down on the disparity. I imagine it should look like a bell curve with most teams in division 2 & 3.

Then redistribute teams.... doesn't have to be 200 teams in each division. Make division 1 for teams with certain enrollments and cut down on the disparity. I imagine it should look like a bell curve with most teams in division 2 & 3.
This is the key and the thing that the OHSAA can't get their minds around. I agree with you 100%.

Why do teams need redistributed or more divisions? Is Dover small? Max Preps has listed (not always accurate though) that Dover has a 6'10 (Little), 6'5 (Farthing), 6'4 (Gigax), 6'3 (Hamm), 6'3 (Hall), 6'4 (Lurie). The rest of the players heights aren't listed. That is much bigger than most Division 1 teams. Based on that, I'm not understanding the redistribution argument. It really doesn't hold much weight.

This is the key and the thing that the OHSAA can't get their minds around. I agree with you 100%.
This is amazing to me that the OHSAA can't figure this out... it's common sense. Even if you went from 200 to 400 teams in a division you only add one more round to the tournament. There has to be someone (smarter than me) that can come up with a mathematical formula that would limit the disparity in each division. Obviously D4 might be tough because you have some very small schools.

Why do teams need redistributed or more divisions? Is Dover small? Max Preps has listed (not always accurate though) that Dover has a 6'10 (Little), 6'5 (Farthing), 6'4 (Gigax), 6'3 (Hamm), 6'3 (Hall), 6'4 (Lurie). The rest of the players heights aren't listed. That is much bigger than most Division 1 teams. Based on that, I'm not understanding the redistribution argument. It really doesn't hold much weight.
little isn't 6'10 he is probably 6'3 max but I 100% agree with your statement