Dover Basketball 2021-22

Too offensive reliant? Lol, 40-14 at half vs a very good 15-3 Tri Valley squad. Your remarks on this app are honestly getting stupid. Dover will do work in the playoffs, and nobody knows it except the coaches, players, and fans like me who get to watch the WHOOPING they put on a team like Tri Valley, who just got the 2 seed in their D2 bracket. Mark my words.
I completely agree. Their defense showed up big time in the first half, and a performance of that caliber foreshadows a deep playoff run. Let’s hope they can continue to perform on that level.

Coach VK is a class act who has always cared about his players. All you need to realize this is look at the every Thanksgiving morning picture of all his former players coming together that floats around social media every year. He mails a birthday card to every former player as well. Class act.

Beyond that his coaching decisions speak for themselves in terms of his Won/Loss record as well as the success he has had in the tournament etc. I still find it baffling that some keyboard slappy would question the decisions he and his staff are making. I am going to trust Coach with his decisions and not some bro sitting behind a keyboard.

With Philas loss tonight at Warren, Dover is the ECOL Champs outright! ?
Wow! What is Phila basketball doing?!? They had the league in their hands and they dropped it. I guess that epic loss to Dover took a mental toll. Hope they bounce back in the tournament lol. Congrats Dover!

Screenshot_20220207-215414_Twitter.jpg

Coach VK is a class act who has always cared about his players. All you need to realize this is look at the every Thanksgiving morning picture of all his former players coming together that floats around social media every year. He mails a birthday card to every former player as well. Class act.

Beyond that his coaching decisions speak for themselves in terms of his Won/Loss record as well as the success he has had in the tournament etc. I still find it baffling that some keyboard slappy would question the decisions he and his staff are making. I am going to trust Coach with his decisions and not some bro sitting behind a keyboard.
Couldn’t agree more. People think they know what they should know but don’t really know what they actually do know. It’s disappointing to see the disrespect.

Tomorrow’s opponent,University is rated 8th in West Virginia,if Dover wins they will likely play #1 rated Morgantown on Saturday,next week they play current #3 Parkersburg South,all in the West Virginia big school division.

Morgantown boys basketball schedule
W. 72-37 Buckhannon. Upshur
W102-40 Preston
W 72-41 Cabel-Midland
W. 75-58 Bishop Walsh, MD.
W. 67-54 @ University
L. 47-49 Winston Salem Chr.,NC
L. 54-55 York Prep.Acad.,SC
L. 56-59 The Steward School,VA
W. 73-45 H. University
W. 80-51 Martinsburg
W. 73-58 Wheeling Park
W 85-29 John Marshall
W. 87-43. Parkersburg
W 85-54 Parkersburg South
W.106-32 Washington
W. 98-54. Brooke
? 00-00. Dover
13-3 record so far,, Dover's defense might be put to a test, should be a good game

Last edited:
Looking at common opponents Wheeling Park and University they are almost identical, minus the 12 point Morgantown win over what I am sure a big rival,University.
They have a nice web site on the program and shows a lot of past success.
Current players all look like solid well built players. One possible D1 player scored 24 on the nations #40 rated team. This will be a tough game and I think the best team Dover has played all year.

That was an amazing performance by TC with help from his teammates, when he got his 38th point Morgantown,West Virginia’s #1 rated team also had 38.
Great defense against a team that went over a hundred several times.
Morgantown fans proclaimed before the game they would beat Dover by 30.
I am anxious to know what TCs field goal percentage was,I would guess 80 to 90%
Dover was presented the OVAC championship trophy and promptly broke it.

That was an amazing performance by TC with help from his teammates, when he got his 38th point Morgantown,West Virginia’s #1 rated team also had 38.
Great defense against a team that went over a hundred several times.
Morgantown fans proclaimed before the game they would beat Dover by 30.
I am anxious to know what TCs field goal percentage was,I would guess 80 to 90%
Dover was presented the OVAC championship trophy and promptly broke it.

Interesting about the Morgantown fans- I thought there would be mutual respect. Were they saying this in the gym before the game?

Interesting about the Morgantown fans- I thought there would be mutual respect. Were they saying this in the gym before the game?
Yes it was 5 or so Morgantown fans sitting on the Dover side at mid court,they also commented that Dover would not want to play them in football,a couple of Lindsay athletes told them Dover would crush Morgantown in football.

numbers are in,TC shot 17 of 22 from the floor for 80% was 3 of 3 from line.

Earlier in this thread I said this might be one of Bobby V's top five teams all time. Now I think it's in the top two. Dover basketball is just schooling these teams. If they were in D2 they would be going to the final 4

Last edited: