Dover Basketball 2021-22

Dover wins 60-44.
Great job defensively and on the boards at both ends for Dover.
Dover reserves remain unbeaten winning 37-20

Will be interesting to see how Dover will do in the tournament after finally seeing them play against a solid D1 school in the Fed. Great win! 10 straight for Dover.

It’s a pretty darn good team,turnovers might be a little too prevalent but I think a lot of those come from trying to get an extra pass to a teammate that might be just a little more open, just shoot the ball.

This is definitely one of the better senior classes based on how good the football and basketball teams are. Not sure how the other sports are doing, but I’d bet they’re doing well.
All sports have been solid. Seems like football and basketball have been the best, i could be off, but I have a combined 25-2 record so far. Impressive.

Impressive win. If you can’t beat Dover in the 4th quarter, you probably lose. Been that way for a long time.

Will be interesting to see how Dover will do in the tournament after finally seeing them play against a solid D1 school in the Fed. Great win! 10 straight for Dover.

Does anyone know when they will determine seeding for the tournament, and if it will be like last year where ~40 schools across northeast Ohio were grouped together?

I doubt it. No sure but Dover might get to distract finals in a 40 team draw. They’re really good and a great coach.

Anyone going to the game should really try to make it to a reserve game,they are really a fun group to watch and watching Matt coach them up can also be entertaining, overheard Tuesday when an obvious travel was missed Matt told the officials “even the moms made that call”

Dover is getting some nice respect from Max Preps. They’re currently ranked 19th in the state among some good company:

Attachments

• E6E485F9-7B7C-49DE-A3CB-2F57076DC49F.jpeg
    E6E485F9-7B7C-49DE-A3CB-2F57076DC49F.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 25
Dover vs New Philly rematch on Friday. NP won the first game by 10 at home. Two very good teams. Both teams bring plenty of talent to the table. Can Dover pull the “upset”?

Dover vs New Philly rematch on Friday. NP won the first game by 10 at home. Two very good teams. Both teams bring plenty of talent to the table. Can Dover pull the “upset”?

I don’t think Dover winning this game would be considered an upset. Based on the current play and the game being at Dover, they should be favored. NP has the talent to sweep the series this year, but I think Dover would be favored this time, and should win a close one. Ironically, every Dover game except the earlier Phila loss has been a 7 point or more win for Dover (including many 20-30 point wins), so I’m looking forward to finally see a good close game.

I think Wheeling Central is D4 ,by OHSAA count, i know they beat Shadyside twice by 10 points both times, Shadyside is probably just about above average team this season

Dover by 15. Dover kids are coming for vengeance, and I do not doubt that coach Vonkaenal has been preparing them for Phila ever since their first game. Phila is a tough and skilled squad, but Dover will be playing their hearts out. I will bet the life of my new puppy on Dover.

Really looking forward to a rockin house in the new gym, I expect a full student section and finally a full visitor section.
Dover fans that have not gone to a game are missing out on a fun bunch to watch.

What a great rivalry that has stood the test of time. Many Rivalries just aren’t what they used to be. This will be a good one. I like Dover by 10. Good luck to both teams.

I don’t think Dover winning this game would be considered an upset. Based on the current play and the game being at Dover, they should be favored. NP has the talent to sweep the series this year, but I think Dover would be favored this time, and should win a close one. Ironically, every Dover game except the earlier Phila loss has been a 7 point or more win for Dover (including many 20-30 point wins), so I’m looking forward to finally see a good close game.
I just love how good both teams are
Dover by 15. Dover kids are coming for vengeance, and I do not doubt that coach Vonkaenal has been preparing them for Phila ever since their first game. Phila is a tough and skilled squad, but Dover will be playing their hearts out. I will bet the life of my new puppy on Dover.
I don’t think either group is losing by double digits. Better kiss that new puppy goodbye

I just love how good both teams are

I don’t think either group is losing by double digits. Better kiss that new puppy goodbye
Ok. I’ll put the life of my new husky on the line if you bet one night with your wife. Dover has not lost twice to Phila in years. I’m THAT confident.