Dover Basketball 2021-22

The reserves have been manhandling teams lately, kinda fun to watch. The two bigs would probably start, or come off bench for the any of the surrounding area teams. It’s kinda unfortunate for them that this year’s varsity is so good

They should of had Dover paired up Akron Hoban,then this Woodridge team,they may have a good record but play in a weak league,At least the Hoban team would of prepared Dover for the D1 tournaments

Like I said Woodridge plays in a weak league,when they only beat Akron Springfield by 4 points, Springfield is as bad as Newcomerstown is

Like I said Woodridge plays in a weak league,when they only beat Akron Springfield by 4 points, Springfield is as bad as Newcomerstown is

They’re a D2 school that plays other D2 schools. I wouldn’t say it’s that bad. But I agree a game against Hoban would have been better.

Dover needs the game with Lake as a sort of measuring stick
. This mixed bag of opponents is hard to gauge but I don’t think we have played a true power yet and the rest of the schedule save Phila and Lake does not look very imposing.

No, this year is a huge unknown until Dover steps up and plays some competitive D1 schools. I love that BVK has a great record, but it would be better to get our team battle tested for the tourney.

Lake and NP are truly our only 2 competitive games.

I wish Dover basketball would take notes from Ifft. Playing better competition gets you ready for the playoffs/tournament.

Is it this spring, that they do the reclassification for all sports,that would start in the school year 2022-23, hopefully Dover would be able to drop down to D2 next season, the last five seasons or so being in D1,if they were in D2 those times,how many finial 4's would they have had in boys basketball

Is it this spring, that they do the reclassification for all sports,that would start in the school year 2022-23, hopefully Dover would be able to drop down to D2 next season, the last five seasons or so being in D1,if they were in D2 those times,how many finial 4's would they have had in boys
I don’t know about final 4s but I could definitely think some district titles would have happened.
I don’t see them dropping down unless they raise the enrollment number to be D1. The new school is attracting new students for academics, Dover will likely continue to grow. I expect D2 in football next year.
I think the baseball team has been hurt the most,the pitching has been outstanding but D1 has been able to handle it.

Last edited:
I truly expect this team to Win 1-2 tournament games and then get knocked out, just don’t think they have the fire power of a Green or better D1 school. I could be wrong because basketball is a strange game!

I don’t know about final 4s but I could definitely think some district titles would have happened.
I don’t see them dropping down unless they raise the enrollment number to be D1. The new school is attracting new students for academics, Dover will likely continue to grow. I expect D2 in football next year.
I think the baseball team has been hurt the most,the pitching has been outstanding but D1 has been able to handle it.
Couldn’t agree more about the baseball take, They have had phenomenal pitching the last 3-4 years and juat cant get by that 3rd rd!

Marietta not very good,but a win is a win. Dover would be a huge force in D-2. Heck of a team. Good luck going forward ?

Attachments

• 8FC4B432-16AA-42DA-9815-D0818A0918C7.jpeg
    8FC4B432-16AA-42DA-9815-D0818A0918C7.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 22