Dover 2022/2023

I never felt you were in anyone's way. Please, you do you as well. Being in meetings and a part of conversations makes someone a little more informed.

Haha you are definitely not in meetings at all and I don’t really know anything at all about this but know enough to know that you are talking out your keister when it comes to a lot of this. The only people that really know what is going on are the admins at the schools and anyone pretending to know any info (like you) is just fronting. You must be an important dude to have contacts at everyone of these schools and be privy to such inside info at all of them… hahaha

Haha you are definitely not in meetings at all and I don’t really know anything at all about this but know enough to know that you are talking out your keister when it comes to a lot of this. The only people that really know what is going on are the admins at the schools and anyone pretending to know any info (like you) is just fronting. You must be an important dude to have contacts at everyone of these schools and be privy to such inside info at all of them… hahaha
You have no knowledge of what meetings I am in. The OCC meetings have many parts and conversations are held with many people involved so only being one of them can be informed. I've never claimed importance or status only giving info and opinions. Others have posted the same or similar info I have. Feel free to question any info you like and you don't have to agree with anything you don't like but it doesn't make it wrong. :)

Good back and forth game with Dover coming out on top 47-42
OCC will be having a meeting soon and may or may not discuss Dover. The ball is entirely in their court. Wooster fans sitting near me said they would be excited to see Dover in the league and think we would be a great fit,means nothing but better than hearing complaints.
Side note,one of the officials tonight was Hosea Davis, he was the QB at Ball State when Daniel Ifft played, also on the team was Perci Garner before he switched to entirely baseball.
Jose Davis played at Kent St.
Nate Davis played at Ball St.
Who is Hosea??

Jose Davis played at Kent St.
Nate Davis played at Ball St.
Who is Hosea??
That is correct. Both set passing records at both schools. Nate almost made the 49ers team. Jose also played 1-2 years of basketball at Kent. 2 Studs.

Very in experienced Dover squad this year, gotta take the Wins when you can get them! I think by the midway mark they will be just fine, gonna take a bit to figure the flow out!

Very in experienced Dover squad this year, gotta take the Wins when you can get them! I think by the midway mark they will be just fine, gonna take a bit to figure the flow out!
I agree, they'll be just fine. Only 3 of the boys got varsity time last year so these juniors are still finding their way.

It is so funny you think that. Are you claiming that New Phila did not cut a check to Wooster?
Actually I know from a person within Wooster schools that new Philadelphia paid $2000 to move their league football game to week 3 so Dover phila could stay week 10 and it was the only way new Philadelphia would come

I think Hiland most years is better than Dover at basketball and I would say on an average year there are probaly 2-4 teams in the IVC that would bear Dover or it would be a close game.
Lol. Really. You have no clue. They should have been D-2 last 3 years. But weren’t for reasons out of their control. Would have been in a couple regionals and maybe the State once. Great program at Hiland, but they would seldom beat Dover n I have No dog in the fight.

Lol. Really. You have no clue. They should have been D-2 last 3 years. But weren’t for reasons out of their control. Would have been in a couple regionals and maybe the State once. Great program at Hiland, but they would seldom beat Dover n I have No dog in the fight.
How "should" a team be D-2? The ways of classifying a schools in the divisions is very clear and is applied to every school in the state.

For having “no dog in the fight” you sure post on alot of dover threads, just saying 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just stating my opinion. It’s still something allowed in this country , I think. And yes, I have No dog in the fight. I just enjoy good sports programs. Those are hard to come by these days.

How "should" a team be D-2? The ways of classifying a schools in the divisions is very clear and is applied to every school in the state.
They’ve had a large enough influx of Somali population move into the district over last 5-6 years to move them to D-1. It is what it is.

I think Hiland most years is better than Dover at basketball and I would say on an average year there are probaly 2-4 teams in the IVC that would bear Dover or it would be a close game.
Hiland malvern Strasburg garaway tcc all would’ve played dover to the wire the last 2 years this year just Hiland and garaway could beat them but Dover over the years would lose 2-3 league games easily

They’ve had a large enough influx of Somali population move into the district over last 5-6 years to move them to D-1. It is what it is.
Well many schools has kids move into their district and attend class and they then get counted on their enrollment total and the district gets state money for them. So I guess that means your school is growing.

According to the Dept. of Education the District of Dover has 2,613 total students and 2,086 are in the "white" category. This means that 527 students fall into a category other than "white" in all 12 grades in the Dover district, with 445 being in the category of "Latino" or "Asian". So I doubt if less than 82 kids spread out over 12 grades made much of a difference.

Last edited:
Well many schools has kids move into their district and attend class and they then get counted on their enrollment total and the district gets state money for them. So I guess that means your school is growing.

According to the Dept. of Education the District of Dover has 2,613 total students and 2,086 are in the "white" category. This means that 527 students fall into a category other than "white" in all 12 grades in the Dover district, with 445 being in the category of "Latino" or "Asian". So I doubt if less than 82 kids spread out over 12 grades made much of a difference.
Maybe I am missing something but if 445 fall into the Latino/Asian category it would come to 111 additional students in the upper 3 grades cut it in half for boys and that is 55 more,Dover is D1 by 16 boys, in football they are the smallest D2 school (tied with ASVSM.)

Last edited:
Maybe I am missing something but if 445 fall into the Latino/Asian category it would come to 111 additional students in the upper 3 grades cut it in half for boys and that is 55 more,Dover is D1 by just a couple of boys, in football they are the smallest D2 school (tied with ASVSM.)
Exactly. People just like to hate on Dover. Most hate a winner unless it’s their team at all levels.

That’s not true. Hiland and Dover scrimmage every year and play at Huggins camp every summer. I have taken part in those games. Dover rarely wins. I also have played with players from both Phila and Dover so I know what I’m talking about. Take Hiland’s last 10 teams vs Dover’s last 10 and I think Hiland wins majority

Maybe I am missing something but if 445 fall into the Latino/Asian category it would come to 111 additional students in the upper 3 grades cut it in half for boys and that is 55 more,Dover is D1 by 16 boys, in football they are the smallest D2 school (tied with ASVSM.)
You are missing something, sorry that I was not clear. The 445 are total Latino/Asian student in all 12 grades. Those are not HS numbers. Besides, I would not think kids listed as Asian or Latino would fall into the Somali population 1 time was speaking of.

The D2 cutoff for schools 348 and Dover's BK adjusted enrollment is listed at 371. In football they were listed at 376.

Last edited:
Exactly. People just like to hate on Dover. Most hate a winner unless it’s their team at all levels.
I don't have any hate for Dover at all. I just asked why someone would say they should have been D2 when they clearly fell into the category of D1.

I don't have any hate for Dover at all. I just asked why someone would say they should have been D2 when they clearly fell into the category of D1.
I simply stated that they’re a handful of students away from D-2. If they were D-2 , they would have had 2-3 runs recently in the basketball tournaments. It is what it is.

That’s not true. Hiland and Dover scrimmage every year and play at Huggins camp every summer. I have taken part in those games. Dover rarely wins. I also have played with players from both Phila and Dover so I know what I’m talking about. Take Hiland’s last 10 teams vs Dover’s last 10 and I think Hiland wins majority
Hopefully you’re not a betting man. Summer stuff and scrimmages are way different than the regular and post season. Hiland has a great program, but they ain’t beating Dover very often.