Does time exist for God?

Time is man made and just basically a way for man to put things in an order but actually the one thing to grasp is that everything happens simultaneously. That is the past, present, and future is all happening at the same time.

If God exists then it would be an entity that exists outside the realm of time. It would be able to see all instantaneously.

How do we know our existence is actually in order? We don't. Can you honestly say that yesterday really existed or is it just a memory and we actually exist in short moment all throughout our own timeline in no particular order and just relying on memories to keep the ride moving in a direction that makes sense to us.....

3 Dimensional Hologram..... When a 3 dimensional object gets pulled in by Black hole, it's genetic makeup is torn apart but stored within the surface of the black hole. Basically, a now 2 dimensional coding of that object. By studying the coding of the surface of a black hole then one would know in theory everything within that black hole. Basically, this is pretty much how a computer works. If everything within our known Universe is within a black hole then our 2 dimensional coding would enable a 3 dimensional hologram where we would exist. This furthers my belief that a 3 dimensional physical reality is nothing more than an illusion which would mean that time is basically meaningless and we are in fact immortal and existing outside of time.

There are a couple of Bible verses which give us some insight into how God's perception of time is superior to ours.

2 Peter 3:8-9:
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

The Lord is not
slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

If he is capable of intimately knowing all lives and all hearts instantaneously 24/7, it stands to reason he is not constrained by the passage of time as we are.

I have wondered if at some point God got bored and thought: Hey, I will create the Universe, kick back with a cold beverage and some chips and watch the drama.

Is time a man-made invention based on the movement of certain planets and stars?
No, to answer your OP. To respond to the thread title, God "invented" time, but is not bound, constrained or limited by it. He is "the Great I AM". He introduced himself to Moses as "I am".

One of the biggest immediate reactions Jesus ever had to one his statements occured when he was asked if he was greater than Abraham.

John 8:56-59 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

This^ was Jesus not only identifying himself as God in the flesh, but also affirming that God exists outside of the constraints of time that we know.

Last edited: