Do You see a Few potential mismatches in the Regional Finals?

Lol. I already knew the answer to my question. And it can be confirmed by countless other posters. I can also confirm you are an embarrassment to the hard working kids on the Springfield team.

Lol. I already knew the answer to my question. And it can be confirmed by countless other posters. I can also confirm you are an embarrassment to the hard working kids on the Springfield team.
I'm not the one who trolls them and puts them down. You are. I build them up. If anyone is the embarrassment, its you. I don't ever talk badly about other players, teams and schools the way you do. And you have the audacity to try to get up on a soap box and preach.

you really are not self-aware are you lol
What I said is fact. Show me posts where I said vile, nasty, belligerent things about any other school, player or coach. All i do is praise my team as good enough to play with and beat anyone around. And theyve proven that for several years now. Me supporting my team is utterly intolerable to trolls like you. But its okay for a**holes like you to troll, say nasty things, put others down, etc. Maybe you should worry about your self-awareness. Look at your own posts. You spend as much time on the Springfield thread putting them down, wishing them to lose and trolling them as you do on a St Eds thread. So, if you're gonna start trolling conversations, then be prepared to take it

Last edited:
Of course you say good things about your Springfield. And you should, they have a great program going. Not the point lol

Of course you say good things about your Springfield. And you should, they have a great program going. Not the point lol
Yeah and that's all I do. Take a look at what you do, and where you do it. So, don't even try to be self-righteous and the "victim" who's just here to talk football. You are a negative energy spewing troll plain and simple. Your posts on the Springfield thread prove that. So get the hell off your soapbox and get self-aware.

Nobody is "elite" this year.
Elite is not earned in a year. When Moe or Eds win they’d be about the only Elite. I think that would imply multiple state titles and consistently good teams over an extended period

Elite is not earned in a year. When Moe or Eds win they’d be about the only Elite. I think that would imply multiple state titles and consistently good teams over an extended period
There are lots of elite programs that never won State, i.e., Centerville during its decade of dominance, Wayne in the 2010s, Mentor, Massillon is one of the biggest, most respected names in HS football nationwide

Seems to me that there are always some blowouts in the Regional Finals and State semi's. If we were going to look for that potential this week where would we go? Springfield v Liberty in Reg 2. Marion Local v Allen East n Reg 24, Wyoming v Taft in R16, Holy Name v Padua in r10, Kings V Anderson in R8, Lincoln v New Albany in R3, St Edwards v Mentor in R1?
Looking for thoughts.
Holy Name beat Padua in last year's Regional Semi on the last play of the game and in this year's Week 1 opener by 5 points. Padua is not a typical #10 seed this year sporting the 8th toughest SOS. Admittedly, Padua laid an egg, two, or three with NoRo, HN, and Salem all winnable games that they the bed in, but no way should anyone project the R10 Finals as a blowout.

Drew Pasteur has Holy Name favored by just 1 point with 52% probability, as close to a pick 'em game as could be. I think the odds are with Holy Name, but Padua has much more than a puncher's chance.

Last edited:
There are lots of elite programs that never won State, i.e., Centerville during its decade of dominance, Wayne in the 2010s, Mentor, Massillon is one of the biggest, most respected names in HS football nationwide
I do not see Centerville as an elite program. They have had some good to very good teams but rarely are state championship contenders. Bob Gregg had some good teams as did Ron Ullery, but they have not really been relevant in a statewide sense in some time or very often. Good program for sure but elite should be reserved for Marion Local, Versailles under Al Hetrick, etc. I do not think the Elk qualify. Just my opinion.

I do not see Centerville as an elite program. They have had some good to very good teams but rarely are state championship contenders. Bob Gregg had some good teams as did Ron Ullery, but they have not really been relevant in a statewide sense in some time or very often. Good program for sure but elite should be reserved for Marion Local, Versailles under Al Hetrick, etc. I do not think the Elk qualify. Just my opinion.
They were, from the mid 1970s to late 1980s. Don't go by the '90s thru today. I have no doubt Centerville would have won state at least twice during those years if they were allowed in the playoffs. In '70s, the playoffs only took 1 team per region. By early '80s, it was 2 teams per region. Unfortunately, Centerville was in R4 where Cincinnati schools dominated the playoff spots. Generally, their elite years ended after Hetbstreit graduated. They did have great teams in the 1990s, but the program was not the dominant machine it once was.

They were, from the mid 1970s to late 1980s. Don't go by the '90s thru today. I have no doubt Centerville would have won state at least twice during those years if they were allowed in the playoffs. In '70s, the playoffs only took 1 team per region. By early '80s, it was 2 teams per region. Unfortunately, Centerville was in R4 where Cincinnati schools dominated the playoff spots. Generally, their elite years ended after Hetbstreit graduated. They did have great teams in the 1990s, but the program was not the dominant machine it once was.
I remember Bob's teams in the 70's, 80's. I was at Beavercreek till 76. They were good.

I remember Bob's teams in the 70's, 80's. I was at Beavercreek till 76. They were good.
Beavercreek football used to be good til mid '80s. I'll never understand what happened there. Beavercreek is one of the biggest schools in the state. And they're very successful in virtually every sport except football.

Beavercreek football used to be good til mid '80s. I'll never understand what happened there. Beavercreek is one of the biggest schools in the state. And they're very successful in virtually every sport except football.
we were not very good pn 76. i think 77, 78 were okay. but dead after jim place left. best years were paul martin coached teams 68 through 71 or so. will be interesting if Colvin can turn them around.

we were not very good pn 76. i think 77, 78 were okay. but dead after jim place left. best years were paul martin coached teams 68 through 71 or so. will be interesting if Colvin can turn them around.
I think he will and they'll become more competitive but not like the top teams in the league. My guess is it's the culture there. They just don't seem to care as much about football the way they do about soccer, basketball, etc.

A few I seed double digit victories for:
NB
Newark Catholic
ML
FF
LC
Steuby
Wy
Badin
Kings

Van Wert - Glenville: After witnessing what Glenville did to an Elyria Catholic team that is very close in talent to VW, I don't see how this game doesn't end in a blowout. Glenville will most likely "running clock" their way to the trophy.

Didn't mean to offend you, either with my "nobody is elite this year post," or previously. People ride you because you are quick to "rile," quick to get defensive and like a nagging wife, you just don't know when to shut up.
I'm not offended. I do not give you the power to ........343 words and 2009 characters later that no one read......., that you grow up and act your age?

🤣

IMO the only elite non private program in D1 that is consistently in the top 10 and have contended for and won multiple state titles within the last 10 years is Pickerington Central.

Van Wert - Glenville: After witnessing what Glenville did to an Elyria Catholic team that is very close in talent to VW, I don't see how this game doesn't end in a blowout. Glenville will most likely "running clock" their way to the trophy.
the minks are hanging in there. IDK, they don't tend to have a lot of stamina. Let's see how they do after a halftime meal.