Do you root for your alma mater or someone else?

Do you root for your alma mater or someone else?

• Alma Mater

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • You can root for both I guess

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
I'm a die hard for my alma mater, which is the same as my dad's, as well as my grandfather's. I don't hold anything against people who want to move away from their hometown - I get it, everyone's got their reasons for everything - but there's something special about generations of families attending and playing for the same school

I'm a die hard for my alma mater, which is the same as my dad's, as well as my grandfather's. I don't hold anything against people who want to move away from their hometown - I get it, everyone's got their reasons for everything - but there's something special about generations of families attending and playing for the same school
Who is your alma mater? And I agree

I went to 4 high schools out of the state of Ohio, still root for 2 of them, especially the one I graduated from. As for Ohio I’ve always rooted for my neighborhood schools. Having the Flossies’s for neighbors, and living in Firestone Park, I was a huge Garfield fan, when we moved to Stow in my junior high years, I never missed a home game, during the Larry Csonka Metro League days. Brought up Catholic, my Mom wouldn’t dream of us attending a heathen, JD infested public high school, so I was headed for St.V. My Dad was a huge Massillon fan, so thats always stuck with me. I came back in the early 70’s, for a couple of years, but Winter got the best of me. No matter where you move off to, Ohio never leaves you, it’s just a part of you. I’ve found this to be true of every Ohioan I’ve met around the country. My wife is from that state up north, but other than her immediate family, she could care less about the place. Go Bucks !

This was the intent of the thread. I completely agree with this

I follow my alma mater and wish them well but criticize them when necessary. I've never been a "be true to your school guy." Hell, I was there 40 years ago so I am sure it is a different place than in my time. When my son was in high school I followed his school's teams and the teams of his friends (kids I coached). These days I am just a general high school sports fan and generally root for the underdog.

1. The team where I live/kids go to school. (Preble Shawnee)
2. My alma mater (Valley View)
3. SWBL schools
4. Underdogs