Do you believe there are extraterrestrials watching us?

Yes, we are watching. We're keeping a special eye on arizonawildcat. :cautious:

Serious answer: No, I do not believe ET's are watching us. I suppose there is a chance that some very far away and highly advanced species has detected possible life signatures coming from Earth, but I wouldn't call that watching us. I don't believe they have visited Earth either. There are just too many insurmountable constraints for interstellar travel, IMO.

Probably.

A civilization that developed a couple billion years ago would have technology we couldn’t fathom. In the vastness of space, even with the low probability, this seems likely to be the case for many multiples of such a civilization. One of them has likely spotted us and watched.

If time is relative then it would seem possible to traverse space in a way that limits the time spent. The only ways we have conceived of the possibility are 1. Traveling beyond the speed of light (thought to be impossible) 2. Puncturing space-time with wormholes 3. Warping space-time. All of these are science fiction, of course, but there’s no reason to suspect there isn’t some other way we just haven’t thought of or won’t for a very long time

Last edited:
Probably.

A civilization that developed a couple billion years ago would have technology would couldn’t fathom. In the vastness of space, even with the low probability, this seems likely to be the case for many multiples of such a civilization. One of them has likely spotted us and watched.

If time is relative then it would seem possible to traverse space in a way that limits the time spent. The only ways we have conceived of the possibility are 1. Traveling beyond the speed of light (thought to be impossible) 2. Puncturing space-time with wormholes 3. Warping space-time. All of these are science fiction, of course, but there’s no reason to suspect there isn’t some other way we just haven’t thought of or won’t for a very long time
Some good points and possibilities, but as Enrico Fermi asked, "Where are they?" We should have spotted them by now.

I'm open to all possibilities, but I'm still in the camp that believes interstellar travel may be next-to-impossible for even extremely advanced civilizations.

Some good points and possibilities, but as Enrico Fermi asked, "Where are they?" We should have spotted them by now.

I'm open to all possibilities, but I'm still in the camp that believes interstellar travel may be next-to-impossible for even extremely advanced civilizations.

I get that mindset but we’re in our infancy as far as technology is concerned, I don’t know how useful our “answers” actually are

There's was a South Park episode where life on Earth was a reality program operated by an extraterrestrial network for the enjoyment of their population. But when the ratings went down the network decided to scrap the set. Of course the boys intervened to save Earth. Or the onset of the Trump administration just drove up the ratings.

re-nea-watching.gif

I get that mindset but we’re in our infancy as far as technology is concerned, I don’t know how useful our “answers” actually are
Agreed.

I’m “proud” of the human race for the technological advancement we’ve already made but I think we’re at the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

Every time we think we figure something out, it turns out we haven’t even scratched the surface.

Quantum physics is a great example. We think we’ve got gravity and other forces all figured out, but it’s increasingly looking like there are way more “layers” than we can even grasp.

The exciting thing is that computers are allowing us to advance exponentially. (thank u aliens for giving us that tech)

Yes, we are watching. We're keeping a special eye on arizonawildcat. :cautious:

Serious answer: No, I do not believe ET's are watching us. I suppose there is a chance that some very far away and highly advanced species has detected possible life signatures coming from Earth, but I wouldn't call that watching us. I don't believe they have visited Earth either. There are just too many insurmountable constraints for interstellar travel, IMO.
So, you don't believe in "alien tech" that has discovered how to "fold time and space" like the back cover of a MAD magazine, turning light-years into mere minutes ?

If the craft are real, they are most likely "umanned". No known life could survive the acceleration or cornering if the videos are real.

There's was a South Park episode where life on Earth was a reality program operated by an extraterrestrial network for the enjoyment of their population. But when the ratings went down the network decided to scrap the set. Of course the boys intervened to save Earth. Or the onset of the Trump administration just drove up the ratings.
The Bible does tell us that we were "created for His pleasure". Or - "“You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

So, you don't believe in "alien tech" that has discovered how to "fold time and space" like the back cover of a MAD magazine, turning light-years into mere minutes ?

If the craft are real, they are most likely "umanned". No known life could survive the acceleration or cornering if the videos are real.
Welcome back, cabe!

Nope, no MAD fold-ins to overcome the obstacles of interstellar travel. Like you said, if anything, maybe an unmanned craft. Maybe.

(BTW, Al Jaffee is still alive and 100 years old!)

I don’t agree that “no known life” could survive the acceleration or cornering because you’re operating with our own paradigm of understanding. Maybe there is tech that could help minimize the g-Forces in such craft... we haven’t even scratched the surface of quantum physics

Why does everyone assume that ET's are from some highly advanced civilization? If there are ET's maybe they’re a bunch of tards.
Do I believe that we've been watched or visited? No on both counts.

Hard to believe a bunch of 'tards have visited here from elsewhere. If that were the case, they likely would have pillaged us of resources and life like we've done to each other throughout our history whenever a stronger civilization encounters a less sophisticated one. If the craft observed are in fact real and not secret American military technology, they are almost assuredly from elsewhere and arrived here by some process of propulsion that is beyond our current understanding of space or time. This rock we are on would probably be viewed like we view an ant colony in terms of it's sophistication and development.

These things have been viewed and reported for several decades and depending on your interpretation of written records and paintings they've been here for millennia. I doubt we will know one way or another what exactly they are in any of our lifetimes.

Last edited:
Why does everyone assume that ET's are from some highly advanced civilization? If there are ET's maybe they’re a bunch of tards.
Do I believe that we've been watched or visited? No on both counts.
It is reasonable to assume that 99%+ of all extraterrestrial species are not advanced or highly intelligent, but this thread is about aliens capable of watching us. Aliens capable of watching us would likely be self-aware, intelligent and highly advanced.

I agree, I believe it is unlikely we have been visited or even watched. Maybe detected. Maybe.

Most of human's new land discoveries were some idiot getting lost looking for something else. I think it very reasonably more likely we've been visited by an inter-galactic beer distributor than a military or scientific expedition