Do you believe in Santa Claus?

I believe in Mrs. Santa Claus.

1639942274431.png

Our family has a Clause crises brewing. The way we raised our kids, we thought since we wanted them to believe we were always telling them the truth as best we knew, we eliminated the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and especially Santa Clause from their make believe world.

So some family members were truly agrivated by our kids when they would tell them "there's no Santa Claus ".

The crisis is this, kids got married, spouses want to tell our grandchildren there is a Santa Claus, and informed us we are going to play along with the joke. Do I believe in Santa Claus? NO!

Am I stupid and want to agrivate my kids spouses? No. So not quite sure how we do it, but grandpa is going to play ignorant to the fat guys existence, and let them tell me what they got on him. Much the same way I do when a relative claims working overtime actually costs them money due to the shift into a higher tax bracket. Play dumb and ask them questions on how they arrive at such an idea before trying to set them straight. If I can do it for 6-8 years for each child that should suffice.

Before I was five I was already doubting. I got to visit Santa at May Co in downtown Cleveland. After my visit I ask my Mom was that the real Santa? She said yes and I reported his eye brow was coming off. Still got great gifts each year from old white beard.

Before I was five I was already doubting. I got to visit Santa at May Co in downtown Cleveland. After my visit I ask my Mom was that the real Santa? She said yes and I reported his eye brow was coming off. Still got great gifts each year from old white beard.
WELL, I, SWGA Fan, saw the REAL SANTA. He was drinking a cup a Joe under the Holiday Tree. And THEN, he stuck his tongue down my mama's throat, under the MISTLETOE.o_O

Our family has a Clause crises brewing. The way we raised our kids, we thought since we wanted them to believe we were always telling them the truth as best we knew, we eliminated the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and especially Santa Clause from their make believe world.

So some family members were truly agrivated by our kids when they would tell them "there's no Santa Claus ".

The crisis is this, kids got married, spouses want to tell our grandchildren there is a Santa Claus, and informed us we are going to play along with the joke. Do I believe in Santa Claus? NO!

Am I stupid and want to agrivate my kids spouses? No. So not quite sure how we do it, but grandpa is going to play ignorant to the fat guys existence, and let them tell me what they got on him. Much the same way I do when a relative claims working overtime actually costs them money due to the shift into a higher tax bracket. Play dumb and ask them questions on how they arrive at such an idea before trying to set them straight. If I can do it for 6-8 years for each child that should suffice.
My parents never told me there was a Santa Claus, but he is everywhere in Dec, so I did believe until I was 5. I remember considering the portly form of the jolly old fellow getting down our chimney and the idea of going to every house in the world in one night, and doubts crept in.

My parents were not going to lie to me about it, so when I asked my mom at age 5, she told me the truth. Unbeknownst to me, I was the only first grader who didn't believe in Santa Claus.

It's a few weeks before Christmas and our 1st grade teacher, a slim, tall, and gentle woman, told us she had to do some mimeographs. She gave us a math worksheet and told us to remain quiet until she returned.

So, I'm minding my own business, doing my math, and the boy seated to my left says, "Psst, hey, Santa Claus is going to bring me a fire truck for Christmas." I matter of factly informed him that there was no Santa and it was his parents buying the gifts. He protested. I may have told him something about not being stupid.

He begins to inform the rest of the class of my heresy. Kids were all around my desk and I was standing on the seat. They were screaming at me that there was a Santa and I was yelling at them there wasn't. I remember a teeny tiny girl, Trisha, standing in front of my desk with giant tears rolling down her cheeks.

The teacher returns to dang near a riot, and says, "What in the world is going on here?" The rest of the class told her that I said that there was no Santa. She was standing in the doorway and gave me the one finger "come here" order for me to come out into the hall.

Back in those days, there was only one reason a teacher took you out in the hall: it meant a paddling - of which I had already had several of. The other kids had a satisfied look on their faces: "You are going to get what you deserve for lying about Santa." I was confused. Was Mom wrong about what she told me?

The teacher looked at me exasperated and said, "You know there is no Santa, and I know there is no Santa, but those other kids believe there is a Santa, so I don't want to hear any more talk about Santa. It will just be our secret. Do you understand me?" I assured her I did.

I return to the room, the kids thought I got my arse beat, and I was very satisfied that I shared a secret with the teacher.

And I never told another kid that there wasn't a Santa. Learned my lesson.

Last edited: