Division VII State Championship: New Bremen (12-3) vs Warren John F Kennedy (13-1)

Who wins?

• New Bremen by 17+

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • New Bremen by 8-16

Votes: 36 29.3%
  • New Bremen by 1-7

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Warren JFK by 1-7

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Warren JFK by 8-16

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Warren JFK by 17+

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Gsme will be a beat down of epic proportions. NB defense is too pourous and JFK has specifically targeted their recruiting efforts to go against the MAC.

MAC gets shutout and a new HS football king will be crowned.

The league had a good run, but all dynasties come to a crushing end.

Gsme will be a beat down of epic proportions. NB defense is too pourous and JFK has specifically targeted their recruiting efforts to go against the MAC.

Attachments

• hmmmm2.gif
    hmmmm2.gif
    289.1 KB · Views: 15

Warren vs New Bremen, 39000 vs 3000, ALL Stars vs small town hicks. Cards you're not in the MAC anymore.

Last edited:
JFK will be out to even their state title game record against MAC teams. We lost to St. Henry in 2006, beat Minster in 2016 and were defeated by New Bremen in 2020.
Much respect to New Bremen and the entire MAC, but I hope for an Eagles victory! 🦅

JFK will be out to even their state title game record against MAC teams. We lost to St. Henry in 2006, beat Minster in 2016 and were defeated by New Bremen in 2020.
Much respect to New Bremen and the entire MAC, but I hope for an Eagles victory! 🦅
Anyone know what JFK's over all record against the MAC is? I have a very vague recollection of them playing Delphos St. John's.

I haven't seen any JFK games so I won't make a prediction. New Bremen's offense is a handful when it's rolling. If JFK's defense is anywhere near as good as 2016 then they will probably win.

Anyone know what JFK's over all record against the MAC is? I have a very vague recollection of them playing Delphos St. John's.

I saw DSJ play JFK in an afternoon game at Mollenkopf in week one of the 99 season. DSJ blasted them 41-0 that day. I think they played the next year at DSJ but I'm not sure of that. They have never played each other in the playoffs.

from what I’ve heard JFK has a pretty good defense. How are they at stopping the run? How are they offensively?

from what I’ve heard JFK has a pretty good defense. How are they at stopping the run? How are they offensively?
Very, very good at stopping the run. Offensively they won't blow the doors off anyone but they give you a lot to prepare for. From old school stack I to 5 wide empty to having 15 people on the line. They are run heavy and can run 6 or 7 guys very effectively.

I'd put NB as the slight favorite here, but a winnable game for the Eagles. JFK's D is legit...not at the 2016 level IMHO, but still tenacious

To roll out the old (but true) cliches, whoever can minimize turnovers, mistakes, penalties....and salt in a sprinkling of special teams, field position, and halftime adjustments. (But hell, I guess that's the case in the majority of matchups with relatively evenly-matched teams)

NB’s defense is suspect. Normally you don’t expect to hear that of a MAC team playing for a state title, but the LB corps is just “OK” and the corners can get beat easily through the air. Their tackling looked really bad against LCC last night.

I’ll take JFK +8 in Pasteur’s spread.

I shall watch with interest. Have not seen either team in person so my eye test has some limits. Good luck to both teams.

Ask Newark Catholic. 17 yards rushing

it will be interesting if JFK can shut down the Cards running game, sounds like they did it to NC, but it also sounds like NC rushing attack was a SHELL of itself with injuries that have happened to their lineman and also their STUD RB ( that have been hurt for over a month).....

New Bremen can pass the ball effectively. They scored 16 points on Marion Local, despite being unable to run the ball against the Flyers' defense. Those 16 points may be a bit deceiving though. At the start of the 3rd quarter, up 25-3, ML forced a 3 and out. The Cards executed about a 50 yard fake punt that put them around ML's 10 yard line. Then completed a TD pass. I don't mean to diminish a fake punt, because that is a phase of the game and the Cards executed it, but they didn't drive the length of the field against Marion's D on that drive. The other Cards' touchdown came with about 2 minutes in the game. Still, I came away thinking they were the D7 favorites at that point. They've thrown in a few head scratching games since then, so I'm not real confident they will win this Saturday. It's up to the JFK defense to make it a game.

New Bremen can pass the ball effectively. They scored 16 points on Marion Local, despite being unable to run the ball against the Flyers' defense. Those 16 points may be a bit deceiving though. At the start of the 3rd quarter, up 25-3, ML forced a 3 and out. The Cards executed about a 50 yard fake punt that put them around ML's 10 yard line. Then completed a TD pass. I don't mean to diminish a fake punt, because that is a phase of the game and the Cards executed it, but they didn't drive the length of the field against Marion's D on that drive. The other Cards' touchdown came with about 2 minutes in the game. Still, I came away thinking they were the D7 favorites at that point. They've thrown in a few head scratching games since then, so I'm not real confident they will win this Saturday. It's up to the JFK defense to make it a game.
Everything you say is correct, I thought the most impressive part about the Marion game was they didn’t quit! Marion has a way of getting you down, and absolutely nothing you do works and it is just a back breaker. The Cards played had until the end! In fact the Cards three best regular season games MSML, Versailles and Coldwater- two were loses. I really think the difference in this game is Dave Homan, he is a real special D7 player. He seems to get better in bigger games, if you remember correctly he had an interception for a touchdown in the State game as a sophomore. If JFK stops him the Cards are in trouble. The problem is you can’t just focus on him or Shaffer will get you (he also scored a touchdown in this game as a sophomore- in his first varsity start!) I expect this to be a much closer game than two years ago, with the Cards pulling it out at the end.