Division VI State Championship: Carey (14-1) vs Coldwater (13-2)

Who wins the state championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure all the Carey folks are in the stands now, but hope after the game someone explains the train whistle in the parking lot. It’s awesome for the atmosphere here.

Lol. That's a local crazy. He sits outside the stadium every game with that horn and a couple TV's with games on. I guess the cops showed up toward the end of the 4th and told him one more time and he was getting a ticket. He went door to door yesterday to find a spot close to the stadium.

I think I understand what you are saying SC2012, but you didn‘t win yours for the league, right? You won for your helmeted brothers, coaches and community?

Lol. That's a local crazy. He sits outside the stadium every game with that horn and a couple TV's with games on. I guess the cops showed up toward the end of the 4th and told him one more time and he was getting a ticket. He went door to door yesterday to find a spot close to the stadium.
God Bless Him! That is AWESOME!!

Definitely not a "crazy"...Bleeds Blue that's it!!

Possibly. I think alot of people seen footage of Carey playing in the snow and got the impression that we just pound the ball for 7 yds a pop every game with a huge, slow back. It also appears that people think our defense that has given up 3 legit TDs (one on a 20 yd drive after a KO return) in the playoffs was only able to shut NMS down because it was snowing and not because our guys were just as fast.

My gut says people will view Carey's team speed a little different come Sunday morning.
As I sit here Sunday morning, reflecting on what was, I view Carey a little different than previous, not so much on speed but on grit and strength.

We had seen the movie before, speed (Coldwater's) only gets you so far when the opponet has an obvious strength advantage.

I had figured Coldwater to fall behind in this one, but thought if Carey had to rely too heavily on the big running back Coldwater would be able to wear the opponent down and come from behind. That did not happen as Carey showed great team balance.

Congratulations on the fine season.

Jeesh. Coldwater is getting overpowered to start the second half.
Difference in outcome IMO. Game was secured with power in the trenches to start second half. Power will nullify speed most every time. Sustained power was difference in this one.

Difference in outcome IMO. Game was secured with power in the trenches to start second half. Power will nullify speed most every time. Sustained power was difference in this one.
It was very impressive…a coach’s dream, actually…to see Carey lined up in that Maryland stacked I formation and just move the ball with ease handoff after handoff after handoff, just imposing their will on a Coldwater D that was powerless to stop it. Some people love the sophisticated aerial attacks that are so common today in football, but to me watching Carey…or Clinton Massie..,.or the old Barry Switzer Oklahoma wishbone teams…just run the simplest ground attacks so well and pile up the yards on frustrated defenses is true football beauty.

Must
Todays formula for a championship!!! Exactly. With a big shot of Vallejo.....John Riggins
crushes nypd GIF
Must be what that “Train Whistle” was representative off on the field.

Last edited:
Don’t fo
It was very impressive…a coach’s dream, actually…to see Carey lined up in that Maryland stacked I formation and just move the ball with ease handoff after handoff after handoff, just imposing their will on a Coldwater D that was powerless to stop it. Some people love the sophisticated aerial attacks that are so common today in football, but to me watching Carey…or Clinton Massie..,.or the old Barry Switzer Oklahoma wishbone teams…just run the simplest ground attacks so well and pile up the yards on frustrated defenses is true football beauty.
about Carson and that modified ;
Delaware Wing T. Oops I forgot they are from eastern Ohio. Can’t mention them right?

Every Good Ohio program has a crazy sob. Nothing to be ashamed of, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.