Division VI State Championship: Carey (14-1) vs Coldwater (13-2)

Who wins the state championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 20211204_213002.jpg
    20211204_213002.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 56
Ok or maybe Springfield was overrated? According to HUDL Hopewell Loudon rushed for 250 yds. vs Carey, that same HL team rushed for zero yds. vs Marion Local. Carey I am sure is improved from the beginning of the season, but team speed does not change during the season and from the highlights i saw on HUDL the 225 lb. running back and HL QB were running away from Carey defenders. But we will find out Sat. how much team speed Carey has. If there as fast as some posters are saying they are than Coldwater is doomed.

Hung your hat on that HL game, dintcha.

I have rarely seen two lines beat the hell out of eachother like the Carey O line and CW D line did. Every one of those guys, at some point in the game, came up limping, cussing or just trying to find some air. Absolute brawl. It was a 1970's scrum. CW's two interior guys diving at our Guards' ankles, creating a big pile of hogs, leaving no option for the Carey backfield but to stomp on whoever happened to be lying there, teammate and enemy alike. Brutal. Those guys out there hugging with a minute to go was pretty cool. None of them had anything left in the tank.

Congrats to CW on another great season. You'll be back before we will. But, we've got some very talented classes a few years away from the varsity level. We may see eachother again in a few years.

Cheers.

Unfortunately I know from experience, but those that get away sting and linger more than the elation of a Championship.

Those Seniors should take solace that they walk out of those hallowed halls in Coldwater as Champions. It hurts now, and I won't lie, it will go awhile but I promise one day you will look back ok it with some fantastic memories.

What a runner's up does do is make you appreciate the title even more.

Seniors...you put Cavalier football back on the map after a few year hiatus.

7-11 grade:. It is and will soon be your turn. Next man up. The standard has been set and this coaching staff will have you ready and all that remains is your commitment to your craft.

Work hard. Work smart. Be true to your training even when no one is checking in on you.

Hoops is next and then in the spring the Drive for 8 commences. Baseball you have a chance to beat the football program to 8....let's do this!

Congrats Carey on a job well done and to our Cavaliers.....

WE ARE Proud of you.

God Bless America
God Bless the MAC and God Bless the Coldwater Cavaliers.

Thavoice is out

Holy schnikey batman! Not only is Carey the size of a D1 college team, they possess MORE SPEED than CW.

Well, the buckeyes arent in the B10 game saturday but it appears they are playing Saturday at 3pm in Canton.

Coldwater folks: Dont waste your time and money Saturday in making that trip to NEO as this is going to be an absolute blowout. Be thankful if ya can keep this from becoming a running clock. Those small, slow, lethargic, weak kids you produce on a yearly basis is just no match this weekend. When I was watching in on WOSN yesterday I thought there was a video problem with it being in slow motion but I called their service line and there were no issues, the team was just that s l o w.

Bigger, faster and stronger than the Cavaliers...........Well, it was a decent season for the Cavaliers. 3 losses is a bit below par but at least a trip to the finals is something to hang your hat on. They do lose pretty much all their offensive production so Saturday is likely the beginning of the end of the Cavalier football program as they, and the MAC, will be way down next year. It was a good run and something the Buzzards should be very proud of.

P.S.
Where can I get my Carey State Championship Hoodie?
1638725403773.png

From OHSAA website. LMAO!

I thought I remembered hearing 8/11 starters on offense were seniors, how many are seniors on defense?

Correct. We rotated some kids both ways. Only 2, Conti and the QB played both ways full time the last 2 games. Before that, it was only Conti.

Correct. We rotated some kids both ways. Only 2, Conti and the QB played both ways full time the last 2 games. Before that, it was only Conti.
Gotta tell ya, the Carey QB was one of the guys who really stood out last weekend. The line was a huge part of that, but him & the Versailles QB gave 2 of the best run/pass combo performances of the weekend.

Hate having the feeling that we let the rest of the league down but you cant win a state championship by beating yourself.
I feel this statement is both pretentious, regarding the MAC (let others praise your league - it happens a lot - as a matter of fact, I will do it below), and disrespectful to the better team on that day. I'm sure the Carey players feel they had more to do with winning than CW did in losing. I've observed several MAC football games over the years and recognized the incredible sportsmanship the teams possess along with championship football prowess. In losing, MAC teams seem to acknowledge the victors while confidently communicating (non-verbally with a strong handshake or pat on the helmet or helping an opponent off the ground) that they will return to play against one of the best again. Those who love sports love this - we also like to see it from the fans as well...even on message boards.

Thinking back to the game last Saturday and I had swore I saw that play out before:
Clip 1: 2:50-3:15 mark of this video:

Spoke to a few Carey-onians at the rest stop on the way home, (was it you?), and they were stating that they lose alot of players whom had been starters for three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.