Division VI Region 22. Going to be a fun region this playoffs. Plenty of good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a current assistant coach, I absolutely loathe when one of my guys lends a helping hand to someone. This sport is about being violent and imposing your will within the rules. You think Michigan was helping Buckeyes up? Get out of here. You think SEC teams are saying things rated PG on the field that you would hear in a Disney movie? Just stop. The only thing I would say to one of my guys who flattened someone is do it even worse next time. So sick of the helping hand being rewarded in society. No no no no no. Remind him that for 2 1/2 hours he's your date.

Also the blind side block - it's what football was built on. Every pregame NFL show growing up led with an intro video of bone crunching hits, including blind side blocks. You could literally buy VHS or DVD tapes of greatest hits and 90% of them were illegal. People that consider blind side blocks dirty are the ones that condone penalties like "hit on a defenseless receiver." Like what did you want me to do? Let him catch it?

Anyone having a problem with Big Boy from Carey steam rolling the other team and then doing what he did probably uses the double decker shopping cart that's cut in half and then doesn't return it to the cart return. SOFT. Get yourself the original diesel shopping cart from the 90s and grow a set.

As the Chardon coach said "once Chardon parents turn soft our program will die a slow and painful death." Made me a topper fan overnight. GET OFF MY LAWN.

Sounds like what happened at Defiance. Hopefully Coach Coop can change that mentality. ?
Sad to think these players were not even alive when Defiance was rocking in the mid 90's to early 2000's. It's not their fault, but rather I think the community has just changed soooo much.

Sad to think these players were not even alive when Defiance was rocking in the mid 90's to early 2000's. It's not their fault, but rather I think the community has just changed soooo much.
Baseball and Basketball have taken over at Defiance over the last 10-15 years. But back on track with region 22. Looking back on the season I knew that Tinora having to go play at Carey and winning was going to be a tall task after the beating they put on Tinora last season. The Rams hung tough, but you can't make that many mistakes. Turns out Carey just wanted it more. Would have loved to see the game played on turf. I knew losing on a last second FG to Liberty Center to open the season would come back to haunt the Rams. It put them in a hole that they never could get out of because of how bad the GMC was this year, computer points were hard to come by. Again congrats to Carey, they ran the gauntlet their two games at State and proved alot of people wrong in bringing the gold trophy!

What's coming back next year?

1. Archbold-bringing back more than they lose but obviously what they are losing is top level
2. Ashland Crestview-?
3. Carey-losing A LOT but a couple good players coming back and "Winning breeds winning"
4. Columbus Grove-losing a very good senior class
5. Liberty Center-losing some key seniors but 12/22 starting positions coming back and success coming up from the lower levels
6. Tinora-losing most of their Lineman but return 2 very good backs and I'm hearing some talent in the incoming sophomore class
7. Colonel Crawford-?
8. Gibsonburg-?
9. Collins Western Reserve-?

Status
Not open for further replies.