Division V State Championship: Ironton (15-0) vs. South Range (15-0)

Who wins?

• Ironton by 17+

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Ironton by 8-16

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Ironton by 1-7

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • South Range by 1-7

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • South Range by 8-16

Votes: 52 31.7%
  • South Range by 17+

Votes: 27 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Final Stats

1670006772401.png

Come on ohsaa, you don't even know where the presenter is from that is standing next to you? Embarrassing

When I tried to post when it didn't send I was in Stark County not too far from Fairless HS looking at this bridge that is slated for replacement next year.

Attachments

• 20221117_101217.jpg
    20221117_101217.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 20
Well as an SEO resident I will always cheer for anyone from our next of the woods in the big game, unfortunately it’s has been 3 appearances and 3 frankly disappointing trips. Foremost congrats to South Range their offense was clicking from the get go, Irontons defense was a no show early and it cost them, the times when Ironton looked to swing momentum on offense they would abruptly stopped due to foolish penalties. To those saying Ironton did not deserve to be there today they did. However not covering SR -15.0 by Pasteur hurt my soul

Well as an SEO resident I will always cheer for anyone from our next of the woods in the big game, unfortunately it’s has been 3 appearances and 3 frankly disappointing trips. Foremost congrats to South Range their offense was clicking from the get go, Irontons defense was a no show early and it cost them, the times when Ironton looked to swing momentum on offense they would abruptly stopped due to foolish penalties. To those saying Ironton did not deserve to be there today they did. However not covering SR -15.0 by Pasteur hurt my soul
Oh well. Ironton will likely be back next year. As the browns moto, "there is always next year."

SR's QB is obviously an absolute stud, but watching the game in person #11 (WR) and #61 (NG) - WOW! Those are DUDES.

Also, Ironton fans, y'all have a really talented team. That said, it was extremely obvious this was a coaching mismatch. There was the embarrassing behavior stuff (arguing of every flag or non-flag and the "are we doing onsides, yes, no, maybe, yes, well...") but scheme wise it looked like one guy coached parks & rec ball and the other was a 30 year NCAA coach.

Congrats Raiders!

I don't want to kick the guy when he's down. But, yeah, coaching was probably a factor. I think he does a great job promoting the program & kids - and a great job training the players. It's just that maybe he should consider hiring coordinators. The same was evident when wheelersburg upset them last year. Wheelersburg is well-coached.

I don't want to kick the guy when he's down. But, yeah, coaching was probably a factor. I think he does a great job promoting the program & kids - and a great job training the players. It's just that maybe he should consider hiring coordinators. The same was evident when wheelersburg upset them last year. Wheelersburg is well-coached.
Yeah, you could tell their sideline had a lot of "juice" guys but they seem to need some more brainiacs.

SR's QB is obviously an absolute stud, but watching the game in person #11 (WR) and #61 (NG) - WOW! Those are DUDES.

Also, Ironton fans, y'all have a really talented team. That said, it was extremely obvious this was a coaching mismatch. There was the embarrassing behavior stuff (arguing of every flag or non-flag and the "are we doing onsides, yes, no, maybe, yes, well...") but scheme wise it looked like one guy coached parks & rec ball and the other was a 30 year NCAA coach.

Congrats Raiders!
Couldn’t have been stayed better myself

Congrats Raiders!
I saw it was a crazy stat that SR coach had been there so long, he has been the coach there nearly as long as Irontons coach had been alive! Hats off to them today

thats what makes me laugh.

the idea that it's worth something for any school to recruit a kid

its not like any school actually gains anything by winning an OHSAA tournament.

except extra expenses.

That was fun. I took away some enjoyment in watching a long time staff win a State Title after many tries, and seeing a bunch of young kids who put a years worth of sweat into accomplishing a goal. Sixteen weeks not including summer practices. (Still too long for HS in my opinion).
Congrats to Ironton on a great season.
Mission accomplished Raiders!