Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

Kirtland or Versailles?

• Kirtland by 17+

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Kirtland by 10-16

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Kirtland by 0-9

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Versailles by 0-9

Votes: 39 26.9%
  • Versailles by 10-16

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Versailles by 17+

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Brian has to Brian.

Always imagined he was the guy in Biff Tannens gang who would jump in after Biff knocked a guy down to say “oh yeah! You want some more?!” :)
a christmas story GIF

The Versailles QB made some really big throws to keep scoring drives alive. That surprised me, and Versailles defensive game surprised me.

I am surprised that Versailles has been held to 20 points. Kirtland is partly responsible for that, but Versailles has not finished drives with high efficiency. 4 minutes to go, going to have to sustain the drive at this point.

Congratulations to the Tigers on a great season & 7th state championship.

To the Hornet players and fans, I was hoping Kirtland would win this game and continue on to break the state record for consecutive wins, but the streak had to end sometime. Congratulations on a fantastic run.

Congrats Versailles Very well played. Kirtland what a Magical Run.
Great game Congrats to both Teams.

Kirtland must have never been behind in a game all season. Coach running the ball down 10 with no timeouts?

They hadn't. 2020 either.

Hell of a run by Kirtland! Kinda fitting that the week after they pass Versailles for the 2nd longest streak and 2 games before they pass another MAC team for longest, it's Versailles/the MAC that stops it.

Kirtland will be back, and the MAC will also continue to add titles every year. Impressive group of communities all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.