Division V Semifinal: R17 South Range (14-0) vs R18 Liberty Center (14-0) at Clyde

Who will advance to the Division V State Championship game?

• South Range

Votes: 78 66.7%
  • Liberty Center

Votes: 39 33.3%

• Total voters
Some comparisons are obvious. Liberty Center‘s QB isn’t in the same league as Dylan Raiola (best HS QB in the country for 2024). Liberty Center doesn’t have a DB as good as Caleb Downs (top 1 or 2 CB for 2023).
Caffey ain’t playing on Friday, so it doesn’t even matter one lick. All that matters is if LC has kids that can beat SR. And if you’ve read my posts it’s obvious I think they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed Orgeron Tigers GIF by Barstool Sports

Geaux Tigers! 😁

https://www.outkick.com/ohioans-spe...o-down-that-local-hero-left-to-the-community/
This is our town in a nutshell for all that don’t know about what football means to us in Northwest Ohio
Although I'm beached in Lima I am originally from Sandusky and know the eastern half well enough to know that there are special people and places everywhere. One trip to any of the ethnic regions will teach you that. I went into restaurants with my buddies in Parma, Euclid, etc where English was not the language spoken by the patrons, they knew English but it was a chance to get togther and speak their native language. It's part of their heritage. Great food, too.

I agree with your feeling that LC is special. I haven't been there often but picked up on it. Same thing with Archbold and other NW Ohio communities. Athletics binds communities but attendence has been suffering for a while now. I usually go to games where I don't have a dog in the fight to see a good game and observe how schools travel.

I've been able to glean that SR runs a version of the spread Wing-T and that they run it very well. It seems to me that LC runs a version of the spread Wing-T as well so both teams should have some idea how to adjust. Is the talent gap huge? I don't know. I am looking forward to seeing the athletes on both teams. I've seen LC twice but haven't seen SR. Looks like good weather and I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and a safe trip.

As far as talent, the Wing-T doesn't require any star players. Sure, when the Raiders ran the Wing-T, we had an occasional all-league player at fullback or maybe a speedy halfback, or a very versatile wing-back that helped the coaching staff to use them in ways to get the most out of the offense. But usually, the best wing-T offense is the combination of quick linemen and skill players that execute the fakes and misdirection effectively without any one singular player being a star.

As far as talent, the Wing-T doesn't require any star players. Sure, when the Raiders ran the Wing-T, we had an occasional all-league player at fullback or maybe a speedy halfback, or a very versatile wing-back that helped the coaching staff to use them in ways to get the most out of the offense. But usually, the best wing-T offense is the combination of quick linemen and skill players that execute the fakes and misdirection effectively without any one singular player being a star.
Completely agree. What I've noticed, though, is that those quick LC linemen are also pretty good size. If SR also has that then it should make for an entertaining evening.

Completely agree. What I've noticed, though, is that those quick LC linemen are also pretty good size. If SR also has that then it should make for an entertaining evening.
#62 6’2 265 #75 6’4 270 #70 6’2 230 #58 5’11 195 #515’6 165 #15 6’5 200 #24 6’0 175 these are the offensive line with te included numbers are correct weight might be off 5-10 lbs

Can we skip Thanksgiving (I mean I know what I’m thankful for family faith and football) and go to Black Friday
Don’t skip it. Before you eat drive by the practice field & watch for a few minutes. Take a picture & send it to the boys after regardless of what happens at the game. Earning the right to have a football practice on Thanksgiving is a very special thing in Ohio and that should be celebrated by all.

Last edited:
Don’t skip it. Before you eat drive by the practice field & watch for a few minutes. Take a picture & send it to the boys after regardless of what happens at the game. Earning the right to have a football practice on Thanksgiving is a very special thing in Ohio and that should be celebrated by all.
Happy Thanksgiving to all Liberty Center and South Range fans!!! LC boys of fall are practicing!
Go Tigers!!!

Attachments

• D899846E-2ED6-4AF6-B94A-BB067A899805.jpeg
    D899846E-2ED6-4AF6-B94A-BB067A899805.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Liberty Center is the Visitors but sits on the home side and Canfield South Range will be home and sit on the away side? Is this because of ticket sales?
Folks at Clyde may want to re think seating arrangements. SR dealt with this same thing at Freemont some years ago, thought was "they're 2-1/2 hours away, nobody will come". I recall there were 2 charter busses for the band and 7 more for spectators, as well as hundreds who car pooled and traveled on their own. Seems that the Raiders have earned the top seed (home) through the season and should be treated as such. JMO

Folks at Clyde may want to re think seating arrangements. SR dealt with this same thing at Freemont some years ago, thought was "they're 2-1/2 hours away, nobody will come". I recall there were 2 charter busses for the band and 7 more for spectators, as well as hundreds who car pooled and traveled on their own. Seems that the Raiders have earned the top seed (home) through the season and should be treated as such. JMO
I recall something similar when South Range faced the Patrick Henry Patriots in 2005. I got there about an hour before the game and was very impressed with the volume of chartered buses that the Raiders brought to the game.

I recall something similar when South Range faced the Patrick Henry Patriots in 2005. I got there about an hour before the game and was very impressed with the volume of chartered buses that the Raiders brought to the game.
I also recall the bitter cold. Officials delayed the start so that the piles of frozen snow could be pushed farther away from the playing surface. Fortunately it doesn't sound like they'll deal with that Friday.

Seating ls up to maybe ticket sales who gets what side I believe home and away in bracket is based on state designation rankings mean nothing now read the ohsaa website I believe that’s why you have to pick which team you are buying for because the higher ticket sales gets the home side. Home and Away is done with switching what regional champions play each other before the regional championship games were played. The pick between home and away seating is IMO

Last edited:

This is all based on ticket sales this year during the playoffs. When you buy your ticket on-line you have to state what school you are supporting. Obviously, the last four weeks LC has averaged more fans than SR.

Since we haven't gone off topic enough already, I am still behind on paperwork and haven't had time to go back to find the paperwork for the new South Range school/stadium but here is a few of interest...
One for the North Royalton Football stadium and one for the Padua Franciscan Soccer field.

Attachments

• 20221124_133839.jpg
    20221124_133839.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20221124_133857.jpg
    20221124_133857.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 27
This is all based on ticket sales this year during the playoffs. When you buy your ticket on-line you have to state what school you are supporting. Obviously, the last four weeks LC has averaged more fans than SR.
So you're saying that the sideways rain two weeks ago in northeast Ohio, and the drive to Burton to play in the snow and 0 degree wind chill in northeast Ohio last week determines the seating arrangements. Makes sense?

So you're saying that the sideways rain two weeks ago in northeast Ohio, and the drive to Burton to play in the snow and 0 degree wind chill in northeast Ohio last week determines the seating arrangements. Makes sense?
LC sold more tickets it’s that simple. Pretty simple. LC has had the whole bleachers full since week 1 of the post season with standing room only the last 2 weeks in stadiums bigger than Clyde that would be my guess.

I'm saying the decision was based on factual objective data, ticket sales. It was snowing and cold in NW Ohio last week too. But don't let facts get in the way of your feelings.

I'm saying the decision was based on factual objective data, ticket sales. It was snowing and cold in NW Ohio last week too. But don't let facts get in the way of your feelings.
Just looking for facts, feelings aren't an issue. Hell, I held the flashlight for my dad, nothin' here'll hurt my feelings...

Same game. I'm not sure if that is what you meant.

I know the band is traveling on a few charter buses and there are a few more for fans going tomorrow. So I would expect another good following of Raider fans. I remember talking to someone from Alter a number of years ago, who attended several playoff games over the years say he was very impressed with how the South Range community supported their teams in times he saw them. We sometimes feel that way, but to hear it from someone on the outside is a really nice compliment.

On Thanksgiving
We would all be thankful if Simkon never posted again
Wait, I'm still waiting to hear about the city of Canfield wanting to extend water and sewer lines over 4 miles, in an area that has very few homes, to South Range School. The suspense is killing me!
Go Raiders!

Wait, I'm still waiting to hear about the city of Canfield wanting to extend water and sewer lines over 4 miles, in an area that has very few homes, to South Range School. The suspense is killing me!
Go Raiders!
The sewer lines were not extended, and South Range paid the city of Canfield for the water main to be extended down 46 to the school. Canfield didn't do it out of their own goodwill or because they wanted to, neither party had much choice in the matter.