Division V Semifinal: R17 South Range (14-0) vs R18 Liberty Center (14-0) at Clyde

Who will advance to the Division V State Championship game?

• South Range

Votes: 78 66.7%
  • Liberty Center

Votes: 39 33.3%

• Total voters
Does South Range play Canfield in baseball?
I am positive that they have not played Canfield at least for the past three years. Salem every year, and of course as iam416 said, they always run into Canton Central Catholic every year in tournaments.

This is one of the rare seasons where Canfield and South Range could play, and it would be a great game. Most years it would be tough for the Raiders to compete against a program like Canfield. They did play a few times back in the early 90's I believe. And if I remember correctly, the Cardinals won something like 3 out of 4 games. That was before Canfield was a regional powerhouse.

I don't know if Jefferson is a good measuring stick. The Falcons gained tremendous confidence by beating Poland a second time and then knocking off Girard, who beat them in the regular season. In other words, Jefferson is a different team than they were back in week 8 when South Range played them.

And you are correct, I think coach Yeagley and his staff are VERY well educated on the wing-T. But it is an offense with multiple wrinkles that a defense has to play disciplined. Hopefully, the Raider players will execute the assignments that they practiced this week.
SR ran the wing -t for years and have now evolved to the gun-t and everyone sees the results. So, if Liberty Center cannot be successful in the passing game, or does not have any players to compliment their main running back, then I expect to see a score similar to what Range did to Hubbard in 2021. A whitewash.

Hubbard was big, physical and had a RB that actually got carries at Ohio State as a true frosh before his injury. BUT, Hubbard only had one weapon and virtually zero passing options.

LC is way more diverse in their running game and they can actually throw the ball enough. They don't have anyone as good as Caffey, but their offense poses more diverse problems.

I don't believe there are any plans to this up coming season.
I would expect it would be a really competitive game and it would be a chance for Skirpac to play against his former teammates from Little League (Skirpac played for Canfield LL).

Hubbard was big, physical and had a RB that actually got carries at Ohio State as a true frosh before his injury. BUT, Hubbard only had one weapon and virtually zero passing options.

LC is way more diverse in their running game and they can actually throw the ball enough. They don't have anyone as good as Caffey, but their offense poses more diverse
How do you know we don’t have anyone as good as someone else iam416 ?? Your comparison is null you are an eastern Ohio fan who has no clue on our team yet you’re comparing players from other teams to ours?

Congrats to Coach Mohler and all the Tigers receiving recognition.

Attachments

• F58DCC53-EF1E-4C62-9C72-407FA3832344.jpeg
    F58DCC53-EF1E-4C62-9C72-407FA3832344.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 21
How do you know we don’t have anyone as good as someone else iam416 ?? Your comparison is null you are an eastern Ohio fan who has no clue on our team yet you’re comparing players from other teams to ours?
I'll help because I do know! LC doesn't have anyone on our team who will be taking handoffs at The Ohio State next year. Got a lot of "LC fans"(I'm not convinced some of these posters are even real LC people or just pot stirrers) who have been on Yappi for about a week getting upset over every little comment on a message board, sometimes without even understanding the whole post.

Yeah, what Rolly67 said. If LC has a kid that's going score a TD next season for Ohio State then I stand corrected. If not, then seriously get a clue about Eastern Ohio -- or google TC Caffey. Either way. I don't really care.

But, hey, if Liberty Center has an Ohio State kid at RB then I'll totally own up to my mistake. But, I also follow OSU recruiting really closely, and I know all the Ohio kids that are going to play for Coach Ryan Day, and there ain't any from Liberty Center (or South Range).

I'll help because I do know! LC doesn't have anyone on our team who will be taking handoffs at The Ohio State next year. Got a lot of "LC fans"(I'm not convinced some of these posters are even real LC people or just pot stirrers) who have been on Yappi for about a week getting upset over every little comment on a message board, sometimes without even understanding the whole post.
So #62's mom and dad might not be actually posting on here? Cause I kind of want to see them wrestle now.

Rolly I think you know me if it’s the same JJhuddle Rolly67 born and raised in LC

Yeah, what Rolly67 said. If LC has a kid that's going score a TD next season for Ohio State then I stand corrected. If not, then seriously get a clue about Eastern Ohio -- or google TC Caffey. Either way. I don't really care.
But, hey, if Liberty Center has an Ohio State kid at RB then I'll totally own up to my mistake. But, I also follow OSU recruiting really closely, and I know all the Ohio kids that are going to play for Coach Ryan Day, and there ain't any from Liberty Center (or South Range).
I have no cares to so I don’t follow eastern Ohio highschool football as to why I said caffery compared to our kids you don’t know our kids so don’t compare. I could care less what caffery did last year and what sr did against him. The time is now not yesteryears so whoever Ryan Day decides to hand the ball of to from Caffery to Mian Williams it doesn’t matter on Friday

Last edited: