Division V, Region 17 Final: #2 South Range (13-0) vs. #1 Kirtland (12-0)

South Range or Kirtland?

• South Range 20+

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • South Range 10-19

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • South Range 0-9

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • Kirtland 0-9

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • Kirtland 10-19

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • Kirtland 20+

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ex_dc_atc

And the team that ended Versailles then state record streak was Marion Pleasant in the 1996 D5 title game. Something about the word Marion I guess. :)
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the senior class for Versailles that lost to Marion Pleasant, ending their streak, hadn't lost a game since their first game their freshman season. If I remember correctly, they lost that first game in 1993, won three straight titles, and then lost their last game in the state championship. Champions in 1993, 1994, 1995, and runner-up in 1996.

VTJGball

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the senior class for Versailles that lost to Marion Pleasant, ending their streak, hadn't lost a game since their first game their freshman season. If I remember correctly, they lost that first game in 1993, won three straight titles, and then lost their last game in the state championship. Champions in 1993, 1994, 1995, and runner-up in 1996.
Correct!

mono79

I know Matt (and Ron, Mike & Liz) well
Yup all wrestled and played football. The last game I played my senior year for Kirtland was against Richmond Heights. I wound lining up against Matt. That whole game was a bit unreal for me.

wghfan

I’ve also read the YSN feed is $9.99 while the CVC feed posted above is FREE
Yes, that is right. Don't forget with that $9.99 price you get a virtual ticket, and can skip to any game that has our area teams that are playing for that night. I do like that feature

fini316

So what is everyone’s prediction?

I’ll give mine even though it means nothing since I haven’t seen South Range play this year:

Kirtland 35
South Range 20

Kirtland4580

So what is everyone’s prediction?

I’ll give mine even though it means nothing since I haven’t seen South Range play this year:

Kirtland 35
South Range 20
I feel like @EagleFan when I say 35-34 OT. Both teams score, and whoever gets the ball last gets stonewalled going for two.

THAT would be an instant classic, but certainly a heartbreaking way to go out. Needless to say, I hope this game lives up to the billing!

Should be a great game. Kirkland is king of the hill which everyone knows it’s very hard to become king of the hill but much harder to stay there. Kudos to the Hornets. Their running game is their strength for sure. Rus is no doubt their backfield leader but has a very good stable around him Gogolin and Lescano. Sullivan is their biggest threat on the receiving crew (according to Digital Stats) when they have to throw. The defense is as equally as strong as their running game. Most impressive for me is they don’t make many mistakes.

South Range ground attack is a 3 head monster anchored by Dominguez. Skripac will hurt you as will Jones. When the Raiders throw there are 4 receivers that can hurt you led by Leon and Lindstrom (according to DS Leon is about 625 yds 7 TD Lindstrom about 606 7 receiving TD. Crouse and Jones are in the mix as well. The Raider defense will have to play perfect and not allow the Hornets to keep the ball 10 mins at a time.

hopefully the game meets the expectations all of Northeast Ohio has waited for in Div. 5

iam416

Eh, I might as well go down with the ship.

SR 28, Kirtland 24. I’m not sure why or how Kirtland will settle for a FG, but I need it to happen to make my score work 😂

(The cold, rational side of me says K 35, SR 28)