Division IV Region 16

Lot of teams battling for the last few spots, a few of them perennial playoff teams from the 8-team era such as Waverly, Massie, IH, etc

Lot of teams battling for the last few spots, a few of them perennial playoff teams from the 8-team era such as Waverly, Massie, IH, etc
Agreed. Waverly is hanging on by a thread. I know Drew Pasteur treats Clinton Massie like they should win these last two games, but neither of them looks like a gimme this year. New Richmond won't be a pushover, and Wilmington in Week 10 will be even more competitive.

Here are the Week 9 Computer Standings:

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?region=16&year=2022

Big Games Week 9:

#3 Fenwick vs. Badin
#4 Taft @ Hughes
#5 McNicholas @ CJ
#9 Shawnee @ London
#12 Northridge vs. Milton Union
#13 Eaton vs. Valley View
#14 Roger Bacon @ Summit Country Day
#16 Waverly @ Minford
#17 Taylor @ Madeira
Big game for McNicholas could be the difference between a #4 seed and dropping out of the top 10 because Badin is next and a prohibitive favorite. I‘ll go with my heart and take McNick 28-21 but it’s a toss up.

Fenwick loses to Badin.
Taft wins
Shawnee wins
MU wins
VV wins
Bacon wins
Waverly wins
Madeira wins

Big game for McNicholas could be the difference between a #4 seed and dropping out of the top 10 because Badin is next and a prohibitive favorite. I‘ll go with my heart and take McNick 28-21 but it’s a toss up.

Fenwick loses to Badin.
Taft wins
Shawnee wins
MU wins
VV wins
Bacon wins
Waverly wins
Madeira wins
I've read that CJ is starting to hit their stride too. They gave Badin a good game last week

I've read that CJ is starting to hit their stride too. They gave Badin a good game last week
Yes they did but then Fenwick handled them pretty well the week before. The key for McNicholas will be to minimize the CJ run game and mix their own run/pass game. The passing game has been their strength.

Yes they did but then Fenwick handled them pretty well the week before. The key for McNicholas will be to minimize the CJ run game and mix their own run/pass game. The passing game has been their strength.
CJ seems to have performed better against Badin who has the better passing O than Fenwick/Alter who are run heavy. Unfortunately I'll have to root for the Eagles in this one as that'll probably guarantee Fenwick double home games if they win. I'll tell you what if McNick drops out of the top 10 whoever they play is on upset alert week one.

Fenwick loses to Badin.
Taft wins
Shawnee wins
MU wins
VV wins
Bacon wins
Waverly wins
Madeira wins
Shawnee over London ... sorry but not happening. Shawnee is a good team but London is strong and physical. AND ... Shawnee's QB is out for the season, rumor mill is ACL. Back up QB looks like one of the better athletes on the field but still the back up. I think London runs with this one.

Shawnee over London ... sorry but not happening. Shawnee is a good team but London is strong and physical. AND ... Shawnee's QB is out for the season, rumor mill is ACL. Back up QB looks like one of the better athletes on the field but still the back up. I think London runs with this one.
No problem total guess. I had to pick one of them.😉

I’d expect some decent games for the most part for teams in SEO playing tonight in this region
McClain4-4 @ Miami Trace 3-5
Southeastern 1-7 @ Unioto 7-1 (should be a snoozer)
Waverly 3-5 @ Minford 4-4

How bad is the conference Northridge plays in? 6-1 record and 12th in computer points.
Non-conference is a problem. Dixie (0-9), Oakwood (2-7), Carlisle (3-6).
Milton-Union is in the same league and not having any problems with points.

Non-conference is a problem. Dixie (0-9), Oakwood (2-7), Carlisle (3-6).
Milton-Union is in the same league and not having any problems with points.
Losing it's only games against teams with winning records in league (Milton Union and Riverside) also doesn't help. The easiest way to say it is, they haven't beaten anyone with a winning record.

The headscratcher with Urbana is their loss to Fort Recovery. I know FR is from the MAC, but they've also struggled too. I'll need to see how teams matchup before I can make predictions. I do think Fenwick, Taft, and McNicholas will be quality teams, along with Wyoming.
I wouldn't count out Alter around playoff time they are always prone to pulling upsets and making deep runs. Runs in the blood at that school. Even though this is one of the biggest down years in a while for the knights I wouldn't count them out.

Wyoming vs Urbana for the title.
As a CBC follower and I would love Urbana to get to this level. I just dont see it. Even with Shawnee having a backup QB, I think they are better than Urbana and they are kind of the class of the CBC in this region, though the record doesn't necessarily reflect it. Urbana has had five weeks of cupcakes and I believe they will beat North Union for their divisional title this week but this region is way more competitive than their divisional games. I look for Wyoming to settle in with Taft, Fenwick or McNick for the regional final.

Also, looking at history, Alter is 0-2 against Shawnee and that includes the Zaire season. Who knew? lol

I wouldn't count out Alter around playoff time they are always prone to pulling upsets and making deep runs. Runs in the blood at that school. Even though this is one of the biggest down years in a while for the knights I wouldn't count them out.
Agree. I would never discount Alter.

As a CBC follower and I would love Urbana to get to this level. I just dont see it. Even with Shawnee having a backup QB, I think they are better than Urbana and they are kind of the class of the CBC in this region, though the record doesn't necessarily reflect it. Urbana has had five weeks of cupcakes and I believe they will beat North Union for their divisional title this week but this region is way more competitive than their divisional games. I look for Wyoming to settle in with Taft, Fenwick or McNick for the regional final.

Also, looking at history, Alter is 0-2 against Shawnee and that includes the Zaire season. Who knew? lol
Yeah I remember those games one of which was at Fairmont I believe.

Agree. I would never discount Alter.
Iffy year for Alter.. Normally Oine play is a given and multi threat Rbs get them 100+ rushing yards as a result. Traditionally have been able to wear teams out bc of that union.. In 2 of its losses this year's team didn't show that dna.. The other 2 they got flat stuffed.. If they can scratch out a win vs CJ the Knights MIGHT have enough to advance a round or 2 at the D4 level.. Just sense they're a year away from Alter's normal level of play and consistency..