Votes: 1 1.5%
  • #14 Canton South 7-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #15 Hawken 5-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #16 CVCA 5-5

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
The idea that Ursuline is untouchable in this region is finally starting to fall apart. No doubt they are a very talented team but they have been far from dominant this year and seem to struggle mightily on defense. Again, that's against good competition but there are some very solid offenses that they will have to play in R13 to win it all. Currently they could have Canton South week 12 and West Branch week 13, how many shootouts in a row can they win?

The idea that Ursuline is untouchable in this region is finally starting to fall apart. No doubt they are a very talented team but they have been far from dominant this year and seem to struggle mightily on defense. Again, that's against good competition but there are some very solid offenses that they will have to play in R13 to win it all. Currently they could have Canton South week 12 and West Branch week 13, how many shootouts in a row can they win?

VASJ tried that method in D-6 in 2013 and 14 with having a high scoring offense but having a non existent defense and turned out as expected. Losses to Mogadore and Garaway in the 1st round. And didn’t bode well going up against Euclid and Kirtland either in 2014. The old adage goes, “Defense wins championships”

The difference is the teams they play week in and out are miles better then what they will face in the region. Almost all of their opponents would make the score on just about anyone gotta keep that in mind.

The difference is the teams they play week in and out are miles better then what they will face in the region. Almost all of their opponents would make the score on just about anyone gotta keep that in mind.
I think your drastically under estimate the quality of the top four/five teams in this region. This is far from an easy route for the Irish

I think your drastically under estimate the quality of the top four/five teams in this region. This is far from an easy route for the Irish
When you compare Carrollton to Akron St. Vincent St. Mary…. It’s kind of easy to underestimate teams. Anyways I also watched VASJ. they have a team of dudes there.

Who would you say are serious threats to them in this region besides VASJ
I say with injuries, Covid and the small size of a lot of these rosters, many of these squads can win it ... or just survive.
The most talented team may not really be the favorite here.
The healthiest team with least players out that week will be in good shape.
Just reality of the situation IMO.

I say with injuries, Covid and the small size of a lot of these rosters, many of these squads can win it ... or just survive.

I have to agree, and is always the case. I know VASJ is healthy with all their players available for the first time in a couple of weeks. Was evident in their game against Walsh. Not sure about Ursuline. I’m very interested in this game and how it pans out. Curious if these two teams will show much of anything until they face each other if both make it to face each other.

IMHO after seeing the Walsh game Vasj may still have better players than the irish? we'll see!

IMHO after seeing the Walsh game Vasj may still have better players than the irish? we'll see!
If this is true, then Rotsky needs a college job NOW. Saw VASJ last year and . . . they weren't great, they weren't even good. If less than a year later they have as much talent as Ursuline??? Wow. That's the kind of recruiting you would only expect to find in a Dabo/Urban/Saban love child.

If this is true, then Rotsky needs a college job NOW. Saw VASJ last year and . . . they weren't great, they weren't even good. If less than a year later they have as much talent as Ursuline??? Wow. That's the kind of recruiting you would only expect to find in a Dabo/Urban/Saban love child.
Ursuline was 1-9, in 2018, the year before Reardon came back to Ursuline. Even though he was just 2-8 his 1st year back in 2019, it took just a year to get back to the top.

Don’t sleep on my Dawgs! They will surprise people. Lost a game earlier in the year they shouldn’t of. Played Canfield tough. Poland is not a slouch!

Don’t sleep on my Dawgs! They will surprise people. Lost a game earlier in the year they shouldn’t of. Played Canfield tough. Poland is not a slouch!
Poland isn’t as good as last years team, and I think Ursuline is better this season, and we know how last season went between those 2

This is a very intriguing game… The Irish have some serious talent on the offensive side of the ball and joes Does have Some great looking athletes on the hoof.They did bring in a lot of good athletes this year. I still say that the Irish win by touchdown.

This is a very intriguing game… The Irish have some serious talent on the offensive side of the ball and joes Does have Some great looking athletes on the hoof.They did bring in a lot of good athletes this year. I still say that the Irish win by touchdown.
The Ursuline running back is an absolute horse, he’s not talked about enough, he’s gonna be more impactful then the receivers to me

If Ursuline coaches can use certain play schemes to exploit the man coverage against play action they can win. Someone put up the Walsh video and you can see cracks in the defense vs certain types of play action pattern combinations. Also any types of option run can hurt the man run support.

Big Region 13 contest went final

VASJ 46
Ursuline 28

Big points for the Vikings and should see them move up favorably in the Region.

*correction on the score

Last edited:
With most games final and some Saturday games mixed in, here is a look at the standings. A big jump for VASJ as at the beginning of the week, they were only #7 but thanks to some help with wins from CVCA and Holy Name, and on top of beating Ursuline, they jump into the #2 spot. I will post the standings once Saturday’s games go final.
8144955A-347D-43AA-8372-282B7BC685E1.jpeg

As Week 8 draws to a close, here is a look at the Region standings as of 10:52pm. Only real notable change was Ursuline leaping back up to the #2 seed despite the loss to VASJ thanks to Level 2 points thanks to Harding blanking Mooney tonight. Push for the bottom seeds will be interesting to see how it all pans out. To note, Struthers as of last night was 15th and fell out of the Top 16 in a span of 24 hours, Chagrin Falls has creeped into the mix and is knocking on the door of CVCA, Woodridge with a big leap going from 17th to 14th in a 24 hour span with their victory. This should be an exciting finish. Best of luck to everyone in Week 9!
E8F901B1-D965-439D-B302-11EFA09EC152.jpeg

Last edited:
Woodridge has a make-up game with Springfield on Tuesday that is still scheduled which should affect the standings further before week 9.

As big of a Struthers fan as I am, beating girard and losing to Poland we could maybe sneak in, but I don’t believe we deserve it this year, too many mistakes and there should be penalties for that, one of my biggest problems with going to 16 teams rather then 8

With Harding beating mooney last night, Ursuline moves back into the #2 seed narrowly over vasj, if vasj wins out tho they will leap back above Ursuline, the Padua game should be a really good game

As Week 8 draws to a close, here is a look at the Region standings as of 10:52pm. Only real notable change was Ursuline leaping back up to the #2 seed despite the loss to VASJ thanks to Level 2 points thanks to Harding blanking Mooney tonight. Push for the bottom seeds will be interesting to see how it all pans out. To note, Struthers as of last night was 15th and fell out of the Top 16 in a span of 24 hours, Chagrin Falls has creeped into the mix and is knocking on the door of CVCA, Woodridge with a big leap going from 17th to 14th in a 24 hour span with their victory. This should be an exciting finish. Best of luck to everyone in Week 9!
View attachment 22153
Also very odd in this region, none of the top 16 have a losing record, .500 is the worst, maybe the only region of any division like that??
Region 11 and 14 are the only other ones in the state for any div

Last edited: