Votes: 1 1.5%
  • #14 Canton South 7-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #15 Hawken 5-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #16 CVCA 5-5

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Woodridge has a make-up game with Springfield on Tuesday that is still scheduled which should affect the standings further before week 9.
Wow did not realize they will be playing back to back games on 3 days rest, they would have to be gassed by the time Friday comes around.

Also very odd in this region, none of the top 16 have a losing record, .500 is the worst, maybe the only region of any division like that??

Wow did not realize they will be playing back to back games on 3 days rest, they would have to be gassed by the time Friday comes around.
Very strang, there use to be a rule about kids playing more than a certain # of qtr's within a week?

Neither one of those teams will be able to play with vasj anyway.

Wow did not realize they will be playing back to back games on 3 days rest, they would have to be gassed by the time Friday comes
Very strang, there use to be a rule about kids playing more than a certain # of qtr's within a week?

Neither one of those teams will be able to play with vasj anyway.
The quarters rule is a year long rule. Pretty sure Woodridge is interested in securing a playoff spot. Looking at their scores over the last 4 weeks they are not same team that they were in week 3.

A glimpse at the region standings as of 10/18/21

7D2E74E1-FF92-4FA0-9596-F0FBAA4BBAFD.jpeg

West Branch at Salem this week, is going to be a lot of offense. Definitely will be high scoring

If the playoffs started next week:

16. CVCA @ 1. West Branch
15. Canton South @ 2. VASJ
14. Girard @ 3. Ursuline
13. Northwest @ 4. Salem
12. Hawken @ 5. Gilmour Academy
11. Poland Seminary @ 6. Fairless
10. Beaver Local @ 7. Perry
9. Woodridge @ 8. Glenville

West Branch at Salem this week, is going to be a lot of offense. Definitely will be high scoring
That game alone could lead to a big shake up at the top where VASJ or Ursuline could leap into the 1 spot, if Salem upsets West Branch.

That game alone could lead to a big shake up at the top where VASJ or Ursuline could leap into the 1 spot, if Salem upsets West Branch.
No matter what, Ursuline isn't going to finish #1. They won't get much at all from beating 1 win Mooney. (Beating Mooney gets Ursuline to just under 18.7. Four more level 2 wins gets them to around 21.1. West Branch has a minimum of 22.2 (if they lose and every team they beat loses except the 3 interconference games)

In fact if Salem beats West Branch and VASJ beats Padua, Ursuline will likely drop to 4th.

No matter what, Ursuline isn't going to finish #1. They won't get much at all from beating 1 win Mooney. (Beating Mooney gets Ursuline to just under 18.7. Four more level 2 wins gets them to around 21.1. West Branch has a minimum of 22.2 (if they lose and every team they beat loses except the 3 interconference games)

In fact if Salem beats West Branch and VASJ beats Padua, Ursuline will likely drop to 4th.
Thanks for the clarity

Here are my thoughts on the strength of the teams after week 9. Not based on Harbin ratings. Some teams on my list will be below 16 in the seeding but does that really mean #20 can't beat # 16? I have my own agenda and SOS has a lot to do with it plus meeting 2 over .500 teams back to back. Won't mean anything come week 11. +/- are from week 6 (the last I ranked).

1-West Branch +2
2-Ursuline -1
3-VASJ +3
4-Perry -1
5-Glenville -1
6- Poland Seminary -1
7-Fairless
8-Salem +1
9-Canton South +1
10-Mentor Lake Catholic -2
11-Woodridge +4
12-CVCA -1
13-Canal Fulton NW -1
14-Beaver +2
15-Gilmour Academy -1
16-Girard -3
17-Chagrin Falls
18-Struthers
19-East Liverpool +1
20-Shaw-1
21-Hawken
22-Field
23-Lakeview
24-Edgewood
25-Orange
26-John Adams +1
27-Minerva -1

VASJ’s week 10 matchup against Padua has been cancelled and neither VASJ or Padua will be seeking a replacement game. Will have implications on standings in Region 13.

This may allow Ursuline to leap frog VASJ in the standings assuming VASJ does not get help from opponents they beat.

Expected teams to help with point for the Vikings:

Lakeside over Edgewood
Ursuline over Mooney
NDCL over Lake Catholic

CVCA vs Manchester a toss up.

Last edited:
VASJ’s week 10 matchup against Padua has been cancelled and neither VASJ or Padua will be seeking a replacement game. Will have implications on standings in Region 13.

This may allow Ursuline to leap frog VASJ in the standings assuming VASJ does not get help from opponents they beat.

Expected teams to help with point for the Vikings:

Lakeside over Edgewood
Ursuline over Mooney
NDCL over Lake Catholic

CVCA vs Manchester a toss up.
As predicted, teams deciding not to play a matchup to manipulate seeding

How would it actually manipulate seeding
I can see Shoot’s point here, there were no specific details with why this game was cancelled, likely agreed by both teams to rest up for the 1st round and get bodies back on the field. This is where having 16 teams qualify becomes a crapshoot. Should of kept it at the 12 teams when initially announcing the expansion.

Hearing rumors that VASJ will be vacating their wins and will be ineligible for the postseason. Which will shift the region standings significantly.
If there was a "Freezing Cold Takes" on Yappi, this would be the time to go back and screenshot all those "Wow - VASJ's turn around in 1 year is amazing" posts. : )

If there was a "Freezing Cold Takes" on Yappi, this would be the time to go back and screenshot all those "Wow - VASJ's turn around in 1 year is amazing" posts. : )

I will admit, I was one of them but also knew to bite my tongue as when dealing with JR, things can get messy and it appears it is again. May be his shortest tenure ever and my finally oust him out of coaching permanently.

Hearing rumors that VASJ will be vacating their wins and will be ineligible for the postseason. Which will shift the region standings significantly.
If all this is true, JR really screwed up. All he had to do was be patient and the players would come.
He probably would have had VASJ competing for a state title within 5 years.

Ironically, he probably tells people in his finance job to be patient the Dow didn't get to 35000 overnight.

If all this is true, JR really screwed up. All he had to do was be patient and the players would come.
He probably would have had VASJ competing for a state title within 5 years.

Ironically, he probably tells people in his finance job to be patient the Dow didn't get to 35000 overnight.
It sounds like this doesn't have anything to do with any of the kids already at VASJ and they had already been cleared. If that is the case, I don't even think it would have been five years. They could have competed for a state title this year. Sounds like hubris finally caught up to him.

It sounds like this doesn't have anything to do with any of the kids already at VASJ and they had already been cleared. If that is the case, I don't even think it would have been five years. They could have competed for a state title this year. Sounds like hubris finally caught up to him.
"Hubris" - the likely title of the 30 for 30 on the last 3-5 years of VASJ athletics that won't be made