Division IV Region 13 Championship: #1 West Branch vs. #3 Youngstown Ursuline

Who will win the Division IV Region 13 Championship?

• West Branch

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Youngstown Ursuline

Votes: 51 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a game of the week for Wkbn this week? Friday or Saturday?
Not that I have seen yet. Wondering if they just decided not to do one or something.
They aren't doing one this week unfortunately, I posted this in the thread for the TV coverage for this week. I was told they only did one last week because the sponsors/advertisers had already paid them to do a 2nd Canfield game for this year. Generally the GOTW only went from week 1 to 11 (if a local team was hosting a playoff game), they already went to week 13 this year which was one week beyond what they initially planned at the beginning of the season. Normally week 12 and/or 13 they just did college games.
YSN is always a possibility though however.

They aren't doing one this week unfortunately, I posted this in the thread for the TV coverage for this week. I was told they only did one last week because the sponsors/advertisers had already paid them to do a 2nd Canfield game for this year. Generally the GOTW only went from week 1 to 11 (if a local team was hosting a playoff game), they already went to week 13 this year which was one week beyond what they initially planned at the beginning of the season. Normally week 12 and/or 13 they just did college games.
YSN is always a possibility though however.
Play by play for ysn is atrocious that’s what sucks about it. Hubbards ysn crew is the worst but they love them for some reason, I don’t think Ursulines is too bad but I’m not sure who’s doing their game

Play by play for ysn is atrocious that’s what sucks about it. Hubbards ysn crew is the worst but they love them for some reason, I don’t think Ursulines is too bad but I’m not sure who’s doing their game
YSN covers both West Branch and Ursuline so it could be either crew or an entirely different crew perhaps. You never really know with them.
I suppose it is also possible that YSN doesn't do any games this week or only covers certain games. I haven't seen anything or heard any announcements for this week yet on what their plans are...

YSN covers both West Branch and Ursuline so it could be either crew or an entirely different crew perhaps. You never really know with them.
I suppose it is also possible that YSN doesn't do any games this week or only covers certain games. I haven't seen anything or heard any announcements for this week yet on what their plans are...
They are Forsure covering them, just not sure on who’s covering what games this week. The owner does a game every week I would imagine he does the SR game

My score prediction for Friday:

Ursuline 62
West Branch 45
I don't know if it will be that high but if it is it would be reminiscent of the 1998 Ursuline-Martins Ferry 1st round game at Steubenville. What a track meet.

MF took the opening KO and went 85 yards for a TD like the Irish D wasn't on the field. The Irish O came out in the wishbone and 34 unanswered Ursuline points later the 1st quarter ended.

Final score:

Ursuline 69
MF 42

Irish need to use Irving more in the passing game. He just is a big play type of player. The wr group is crazy good with boyd... manning... Burney... and Irving. Also like to see Shannon run the ball more. McElroy is a stud but give him a breather and use lynch and Shannon.
At 6'4" or 6'5" and good hands Mr. Boyd is certainly a matchup problem for most HS DBs but as you mentioned all of the Irish WRs are dangerous. They do have a ton of weapons offensively. If they can tighten that D a little bit they will certainly be a tough out for any of the remaining D4 teams. The place-kicking game could use some improvement also. You never know when a game could come down to a successful FG or PAT.

Again, good luck to both teams and may the winner bring home the title.

It doesn't look like YSN or WKBN are having this game live. Does anyone know if it is streaming anywhere? If not that is a shame. South Range is a smallish stadium for this game (don't get me wrong its very nice just a bit small for bigger schools) and I think there will be a lot of interest in the Mahoning Valley.

It doesn't look like YSN or WKBN are having this game live. Does anyone know if it is streaming anywhere? If not that is a shame. South Range is a smallish stadium for this game (don't get me wrong its very nice just a bit small for bigger schools) and I think there will be a lot of interest in the Mahoning Valley.
I know for sure WKBN isn't doing any games today or tomorrow. They normally only do games until week 11 or 12 if local teams are playing at home.
I am not sure of the reason YSN isn't doing any games, but someone can shoot them an email and ask I suppose. I am kind of confused on why everyone was so confident YSN would do games this week.

Your only chance is that maybe it will be on the radio.

I honestly doubt it will be full. It has to hold close to 5k.
Don't follow Ursuline but can't see them bringing many