Division III State Championship: Canfield (13-1) vs. Bloom-Carroll (14-1)

Who wins?

• Canfield by 17+

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Canfield by 8-16

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Canfield by 1-7

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 1-7

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 8-16

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 17+

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both Region 9 and 10 have NE Ohio teams in them. One is loaded, and one is not. That’s a FACT. 5 Region 9 teams outside of Canfield would have won Region 10. You’re an idiot. I will not post on this matter again as it takes away from the two teams in this State Championship. My apologies to everyone for starting this.

Good luck Canfield!!
Don't apologize, your point is spot on albeit beyond the comprehension of some commenting.
Go Cards!!!!

The goal of the playoffs is not to get the two best teams to canton, or to get the 4 best teams in the semis. It is to find out who the best team is. And who do you think would get to decide exactly what teams should be moved to a different region?

Both these teams are going to be ready to play! Region 9 is stacked and Canfield worked through that gauntlet. Let’s not take Region 11 lightly though. Bloom Carroll with no history playing teams in Region 11, bulldozed their way to the state championship game. This should be a great game. Go Bulldogs!

Does this one come down to special teams and BC'S ability to maintain possession of the ball?
Special teams hasn't played much of role for Canfield most of the year. They did get one of their punts blocked against Chardon that turned into a score, but otherwise special teams has been a non factor all year. Otherwise not much significant has happened on special teams in their games that I can recall.

Bloom-Carroll vs Canfield. How do these teams match up vs each other?

BC’s run game is as good as advertised. It’s a large line that moves well, fires off the ball and does their job. They pave the way for ballcarrier by committee.

Defensively BC can be vulnerable up the seams. The Tipp game provides a glimpse as to how well (or not) they can keep contain on a QB. Their best LB is a Kent St commit and their secondary is experienced as well as athletic.

One crucial part for BC to keep the State Title bid viable is to cut out the dumb penalties.
Make no mistake, #12 is the straw that stirs Canfield's drink. That being said, Canfield has 2 RB's that can score from anywhere on the field on any play, however they aren't going to pound them up the middle. Canfield's offensive line has a couple of maulers in the run game, but also do a good job of keeping 12 clean when they pass. The WR's have good hands and run fairly decent routes, but probably won't burn anyone deep. Canfield's run defense is outstanding. The first guy to the ball usually does a good job of holding up the ball carrier until the cavalry arrives. The LB play is outstanding. They are fast sideline to sideline, and pretty stout on runs up the middle. Their secondary is serviceable, but at least one of the CB's can be had. ST's is ok, the kicker is really good for a high school team. Penalties on the offensive side have been an issue for Canfield as well. Far to many pre snap penalties in these playoffs.

Don’t think there won’t be a spy on that “show”. He’s bigger,faster, and relentless . #11. Look em up
Looked him up - #11 looks solid at LB but nothing close to being able to stop the “show.” I’d take LB #17 for Sheridan over this #11 for Bloom all day. Also, #11 not much on offense. Average at best IMO. Canfield D won’t have to worry about the QB play for Bloom. Will NOT be a complicated task to stop Blooms offense. Good Luck to both teams! Canfield wins.

Looked him up - #11 looks solid at LB but nothing close to being able to stop the “show.” I’d take LB #17 for Sheridan over this #11 for Bloom all day. Also, #11 not much on offense. Average at best IMO. Canfield D won’t have to worry about the QB play for Bloom. Will NOT be a complicated task to stop Blooms offense. Good Luck to both teams! Canfield wins.
football.jpg

I agree w/ some of this. Passing isn’t BC’s forte this year. It won’t be complicated necessarily to keep BC off the board, but BC can (and likely will) give some challenges on the ground. If Canfield’s D can work technical and sound they can reduce the to-date dominance of BC’s ground game and force BC into situations where they’ll need to advance through the air. That may be easier said than done, but I respect the pedigree of Region 9 and how good Canfield is.

Like a broken record these last 3 games for BC naysayers. Strap it up. See ya there.

Like a broken record these last 3 games for BC naysayers. Strap it up. See ya there.
Yeah at the risk of sounding like a broken record, or poor looser, tunnel vision, thread troll or whatever you want to sling my way….. After “looking it up” I really don’t see BC as a threat to Canfield at all. BC wins if they have the best game to date this week and Canfield literally shoots the Lowry kid in the foot, even then they still have a chance. With that said I’m not sure BC gets here on luck along, I’m very curious about the team that emerged from no where…..

I agree w/ some of this. Passing isn’t BC’s forte this year. It won’t be complicated necessarily to keep BC off the board, but BC can (and likely will) give some challenges on the ground. If Canfield’s D can work technical and sound they can reduce the to-date dominance of BC’s ground game and force BC into situations where they’ll need to advance through the air. That may be easier said than done, but I respect the pedigree of Region 9 and how good Canfield is.
If you watch the available highlights, BC runs 6 offensive lineman, Canfield does the same, although it looks like BC runs it almost exclusively, but that maybe just how the videos are cut up. Canfield will pass out of the 6 lineman alignment, not sure if BC does.

I’m very curious about the team that emerged from no where…..
Region 11 became a little less congested when DeSales went up to D2 and Hartley fell to D4. Not a fault or slight to BC; the Bulldogs have simply executed well and even in their biggest challenge of the playoffs (Watterson) they took thunder early, took some blows and pieced together the game-winning drive.

In the purest sense they’re a team that sticks to their bread and butter. Nothing more and nothing less.

After watching some of BC online, I have a hard tome seeing them beating Canfield. Canfields passing game is not much to shout about, but it makes BC’s look non existent. Unless BC has two dozen different run sets to show Canfield, they will have a rough go at it. Canfields D will snuff out nearly all BC’s run options by mid third quarter.

I freely admit that other than a few clips I have not seen B-C, but I like the chances of a team like Canfield that has a superior athlete who handles the ball on every offensive snap coupled with a very good defense. I don't know that B-C will be able to beat Canfield strictly running the ball. I think the Cards' D will be able to force B-C to beat them throwing the ball. Can B-C do so? We shall soon find out. Good luck to both teams.

GO CARDS!