Division III State Championship: Canfield (13-1) vs. Bloom-Carroll (14-1)

Who wins?

• Canfield by 17+

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Canfield by 8-16

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Canfield by 1-7

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 1-7

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 8-16

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 17+

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simkon

Bloom-Carroll looked really good against a Tipp team that beat last years state runner-up Badin. Canfield coasted to an easy win aginst Holy Name and may have already played the state championship game the previous week against defending 2-time champion Chardon. Canfield has really improved in many areas and looks to be headed to their first state championship, will Bloom-Carroll be able to stop Broc Lowry and the Cardinals or will the Cardinals cruise to an easy win?

Reactions: LCL

BC’s run game is as good as advertised. It’s a large line that moves well, fires off the ball and does their job. They pave the way for ballcarrier by committee.

Defensively BC can be vulnerable up the seams. The Tipp game provides a glimpse as to how well (or not) they can keep contain on a QB. Their best LB is a Kent St commit and their secondary is experienced as well as athletic.

One crucial part for BC to keep the State Title bid viable is to cut out the dumb penalties.

Good luck to Canfield. Let’s keep the trophy in Region 9 for the 5th time in 6 years. It’s a shame the OHSAA doesn’t do something with Region 9. Too many solid teams to be lumped together like this. For some reason they make DII Regions relatively balanced. That’s a discussion for another thread, my apologies.

Canfield 21, Bloom-Carroll 17

I don’t know anything about Canfield, but their defense will want to load the box with BC’s run game.

Should be a great state final pairing, BC’s solid Offense against Canfield’s great defense coming in. Add Canfield’s very capable offensive players in the mix and I think they have the edge. Region 9’s best represents.

Key is stopping Lowry. He’s a 1-man offensive show. Easier said than done as you can’t just key on stopping his running as he’s a good thrower and makes as many plays on broken pass plays as designed runs. He’s different than most good running QBs (like Holy Name’s last night) who average or below throwing the ball and you can load the box and force them to beat you through the air.

Seems like Canfield has definitely played the better schedule both regular season and playoffs as well. D3 seemed pretty weak this year outside of R9.

Good luck to Canfield. Let’s keep the trophy in Region 9 for the 5th time in 6 years. It’s a shame the OHSAA doesn’t do something with Region 9. Too many solid teams to be lumped together like this. For some reason they make DII Regions relatively balanced. That’s a discussion for another thread, my apologies.

Canfield 21, Bloom-Carroll 17

Bahaha so the OHSAA is supposed to what move teams that a geographically close to each other to other regions? Dumbest post I have ever read on here hahaha

Bahaha so the OHSAA is supposed to what move teams that a geographically close to each other to other regions? Dumbest post I have ever read on here hahaha
OHSAA gave him CB to make the division weak and still complains

Both Region 9 and 10 have NE Ohio teams in them. One is loaded, and one is not. That’s a FACT. 5 Region 9 teams outside of Canfield would have won Region 10. You’re an idiot. I will not post on this matter again as it takes away from the two teams in this State Championship. My apologies to everyone for starting this.

Good luck Canfield!!

Both Region 9 and 10 have NE Ohio teams in them. One is loaded, and one is not. That’s a FACT. 5 Region 9 teams outside of Canfield would have won Region 10. You’re an idiot. I will not post on this matter again as it takes away from the two teams in this State Championship. My apologies to everyone for starting this.

Good luck Canfield!!

Region 14 loaded in D IV too but you don’t see anyone crying about it. And those teams couldn’t be further away from each other. Your idiotic post asking OHSAA to cherry pick teams and not use geographic area speaks for itself bro and wreaks of sour grapes because Canfield beat your team.

Region 14 loaded in D IV too but you don’t see anyone crying about it. And those teams couldn’t be further away from each other. Your idiotic post asking OHSAA to cherry pick teams and not use geographic area speaks for itself bro and wreaks of sour grapes because Canfield beat your team.
Couldn’t be further than the truth. Region 9 and 10 are both made up of NE Ohio teams. Your unwillingness to acknowledge that is ignorance at its finest. Look at Regions 5, 6, 7 in DII and justify that split. You’re an uneducated fool.

By the way, no complaining here. Three State Championships and a Runner-Up for my school sits fine with me. You have to play who’s in front of you. It’s a shame for the rest of Region 9 who have teams that are Final 4 worthy that will never have a shot.

By the way, no complaining here. Three State Championships and a Runner-Up for my school sits fine with me. You have to play who’s in front of you. It’s a shame for the rest of Region 9 who have teams that are Final 4 worthy that will never have a shot.
Got those state titles because you didn’t have to lose 50-0 to Akron Hoban. I wouldn’t complain

Got those state titles because you didn’t have to lose 50-0 to Akron Hoban. I wouldn’t complain

Now this is spot on. Couldn’t win region 9 this year and now wants the region divided up to get to another state title game??? It is this guy’s world and we are all just living in it I guess…

Turning the state title game thread you aren’t in about your school… the posts keep coming from you friendo… you are putting on a show tonight with the true colors coming out..

Now this is spot on. Couldn’t win region 9 this year and now wants the region divided up to get to another state title game??? It is this guy’s world and we are all just living in it I guess…
It’s a statement for all Region 9 teams, not just Chardon, who was NOT good this season. Region 9’s 16 seed in 2021 and 2022 may have won Region 10. Just because I’m from Chardon doesn’t mean my takes are a reflection of just the Hilltoppers. But your takes don’t surprise me because most on this forum are acute, and simple minded.

Let me reiterate for you simple minded folks, Chardon was not good this season.