(16) East at (1) Chardon
(9) West G at (8) Streetsboro

(13) NDCL at (4) Canfield
(12) New Phila at (5) Hubbard

(14) Harvey at (3) Kenston
(11) Tallmadge at (6) Steubenville

(15) SVSM at (2) Dover
(10) Ravenna at (7) Aurora

Hardly. SVSM yes. East no way. Tallmadge, NP and West Geauga would handle them. West Geauga is better this year and beat them last year 26-0. You're not playing North, Ellet and Firestone.

East was tougher for Dover than Phila. They also played a much tougher schedule than West G. West G has no impressive wins, and even a bad loss in Bay. Tallmadge I could maybe get behind because they played Barberton close this weekend, so perhaps they’re peaking at the right time. I don’t believe West G or Phila would beat East, though.

Tallmadge no doubt NP yes..17 points to 14 difference vs Dover? Okay, but NP won by 31 instead of 14 over Buchtel. West Geauga is better this year, especially on defense (2nd most shutouts after Chardon in D3). Maybe Buckeye isn't impressive, but they're better than anyone East has beaten. East never threatened WG last year in the 26-0 beatdown. So we have a head to head game that was one sided from last year. So unless East got really good in the last few weeks, I don't see it. I think they were better last year when they smacked. It doesn't matter because they may both be done in a week.
East will be done, barring some miracle/catastrophe. West G I would definitely not count out against Streetsboro. I actually might pick West G in that one.

OHSAA raising pre sale ticket prices to $10.00 and apparently no reduction for students. OHSAA will make less money as people will just not go at least not until later rounds. Prices should be no higher than the normal charge. I predict half empty stadiums.

Its such a “Big Brother is Watching” move by OHSSA!!

They totally screw over the part of society that still relies on using cash for a $10 purchase.
I’m also guessing that you give up multiple privacy and marketing data that’s worth more than $10. That $10 probably just pays for the data processing fees of your buying, lifestyle, interests, banking, location data.

“OHSSA always like to have it cake and eat it to”

I won’t be going. Maybe that is what they want, who knows… it seems like when you don’t want something nowadays you just purposely cause it to fail.

As for the game. This should be one of the better matches in the region. Good Luck to both teams. Two historical towns, and proud communities will put their best available on the field this weekend. They deserve a packed house, bands, electric energy in the air.

Side note;
Question: what used to go on in that circle in the middle of Tallmadge back in the day? Lol

1635074295847.png

East was tougher for Dover than Phila. They also played a much tougher schedule than West G. West G has no impressive wins, and even a bad loss in Bay. Tallmadge I could maybe get behind because they played Barberton close this weekend, so perhaps they’re peaking at the right time. I don’t believe West G or Phila would beat East, though.

It all depends on how your teams strength’s and weaknesses match up vs the team your playing this week.

Every team has things they do good or bad. Vice Versa. And using Cal-Preps-Massey simulations , while entertaining, isn’t a good gauge of X/O match ups or DB’s vs WR’s, or DLine vs Oline or coaches subbing late in the game with freshmen.
The scores though have been more accurate lately.
Akron East probably has better team speed than NP. Dover has speedy WR’s. For example.

Dover definitely has a tough draw but they are at home and that’s a big advantage for a lot of reasons. If Dover beats St. V and Aurora gets by Ravenna then the regional quarterfinal may have two of the best in the Region. Comparison scores can be misleading, but this is interesting at the very least.
Aurora 63 Euclid 19
Aurora 49 Cleveland Heights 14
Strongsville 27 Clev Heights 26
Strongsville 28 Euclid 27
Dover 14 Strongsville 13
If Aurora can get it’s QB healthy then the Greenmen will be very tough to beat IMO.

Last edited:
Dover definitely has a tough draw but they are at home and that’s a big advantage for a lot of reasons. If Dover beats St. V and Aurora gets by Ravenna then the regional quarterfinal may have two of the best in the Region. Comparison scores can be misleading, but this is interesting at the very least.
Aurora 63 Euclid 19
Dover 14 Strongsville 13
If Aurora can get it’s QB healthy then the Greenmen will be very tough to beat IMO.

Aurora and Chardon and Canfield I believe are the 3 biggest enrollment schools in the region.
I tried to follow enrollment but I think they are still going off 2018.
Do you see Aurora or Chardon bounces up to D2 ??
Both schools are real close around 350 area now and cut off is 375.
I think both Aurora and Chardon are like Avon and I think could definitely compete in D2 for a Title.

Aurora 63 Euclid 19
Dover 14 Strongsville 13
IF IF
If they would have moved cardeman to QB before the highland game they would have found the right guy for the job to get thru the playoffs If come is not a solid bet!

Seen this on another thread. Cal Prep lines for the first round. Remember these are based on a neutral field.

#1 Chardon (-36) vs #16 Akron East
#2 Dover (-13) vs #15 SVSM
#3 Kenston (-28) vs #14 Harvey
#4 Canfield (-17) vs #13 NDCL
#5 Hubbard (-11) vs #12 New Philadelphia
#6 Steubenville (-14)vs #11 Tallmadge
#7 Aurora (-30) vs #10 Ravenna
#8 Streetsboro (-8) vs #9 West G

Hardly. SVSM yes. East no way. Tallmadge, NP and West Geauga would handle them. West Geauga is better this year and beat them last year 26-0. You're not playing North, Ellet and Firestone.
West G is not a very good football team….only 1 win against a team with a winning record…..victories against Geneva, Edgewood etc, aren’t overly appealing…..got destroyed ( not even as close as the final scores) by the 2 best teams they faced…..their D is hardly better and O may be worse. Early exit

IF IF
If they would have moved cardeman to QB before the highland game they would have found the right guy for the job to get thru the playoffs If come is not a solid bet!
Greenmen already have 2nd string QB back and he is very good. Runs like Cardaman but bigger. We will see in about 12 days. Should be great game.

West G is not a very good football team….only 1 win against a team with a winning record…..victories against Geneva, Edgewood etc, aren’t overly appealing…..got destroyed ( not even as close as the final scores) by the 2 best teams they faced…..their D is hardly better and O may be worse. Early exit
Not arguing that. My post just is stating they are better than East as is NP and Tallmadge. Also agree Streetsboro should be favored.

saw the 2nd vs barberton, Jack would be a much better solution, your in denial!
No. You saw 3rd string qb against Barberton. 2nd string got hurt playing defense against Cuyahoga Falls and just returned and started week 10 vs Revere. He was on crutches on the sideline against Barberton. You have bad information ?

S
No. You saw 3rd string qb against Barberton. 2nd string got hurt playing defense against Cuyahoga Falls and just returned and started week 10 vs Revere. He was on crutches on the sideline against Barberton. You have bad information ?
o a guy that was on crutches only 2-3 weeks ago is going to be better than jack, dream on!

No Idea what your issue is. I’m telling you QB2 got hurt against CFalls and was out until week 10.
No issue, my opinion is they would have a better chance with him and a triple treat run game at qb than a recently injured #2.
Seen it done before very successfully 1) Robert Smith at Euclid was a TB until they played Iggy in playoffs and he ran qb in triple option and they almost beta Iggy 2 ) Tim Holycross jr year slotback in run-n-shoot moved to QB senior year made all state and went to OSU, couldn't throw a spiral to save his life but was a baseball pitcher and got the ball there when he threw instead of running ( over 1,600 rushing).
I f Aurora goes out early it will be because they didn't do what they could have done, imho. A great all around athlete can be coached to do what is needed by his team.

No issue, my opinion is they would have a better chance with him and a triple treat run game at qb than a recently injured #2.
Seen it done before very successfully 1) Robert Smith at Euclid was a TB until they played Iggy in playoffs and he ran qb in triple option and they almost beta Iggy 2 ) Tim Holycross jr year slotback in run-n-shoot moved to QB senior year made all state and went to OSU, couldn't throw a spiral to save his life but was a baseball pitcher and got the ball there when he threw instead of running ( over 1,600 rushing).
I f Aurora goes out early it will be because they didn't do what they could have done, imho. A great all around athlete can be coached to do what is needed by his team.
QB2 would start for at least 80% of teams in the State IMO. He is a dynamic runner and can throw well. QB1 is a 3yr starter and can start for over 90% of teams in the State IMO. Neither were available for Barberton or Highland. Cardaman along with Weber give us 2 wideouts that can go the distance on any play. We are back in good shape offensively with QB2.

QB2 would start for at least 80% of teams in the State IMO. He is a dynamic runner and can throw well. QB1 is a 3yr starter and can start for over 90% of teams in the State IMO. Neither were available for Barberton or Highland. Cardaman along with Weber give us 2 wideouts that can go the distance on any play. We are back in good shape offensively with QB2.
Is Cardaman related to the very good wrestler from the 80’s from Newbury or Berkshire? I believe his name was Tony