Division III Region 9

I will predict that if Kenston draws SVSM the bombers will be out Rd 1.
This is the problem with the playoffs expanding to 16 teams. There is no way STVM should be a playoff team. The playoffs should be something to be earned by teams, not given to them. The Irish have some talent, and they could have beaten Barberton and/ or Harding to win 5 or 6 games. But, in the end, they didn't get it done against those teams and they played very uninspired football the last 3 weeks. They have done nothing to show they are a playoff team, yet here they are! And the Irish could very well be a tough out; which makes the playoffs even sillier. They will show up and play because to do otherwise wouldn't be fair to their opponent, or to the other top teams in Region 9 (one team shouldn't get a bye while the others one play). IMO 16 teams is too many. If you are going to expand it beyond the eight teams we have had in the past, then 12 should have been the max; giving the top 4 teams Week 1 byes. That would have given teams more to shoot for and to fight for in the last week of the regular season. Scoreboard watching would have been even more significant. But at 16, the playoffs let in too many underachieving teams. And what good is that!?!

This is the problem with the playoffs expanding to 16 teams. There is no way STVM should be a playoff team. The playoffs should be something to be earned by teams, not given to them. The Irish have some talent, and they could have beaten Barberton and/ or Harding to win 5 or 6 games. But, in the end, they didn't get it done against those teams and they played very uninspired football the last 3 weeks. They have done nothing to show they are a playoff team, yet here they are! And the Irish could very well be a tough out; which makes the playoffs even sillier. They will show up and play because to do otherwise wouldn't be fair to their opponent, or to the other top teams in Region 9 (one team shouldn't get a bye while the others one play). IMO 16 teams is too many. If you are going to expand it beyond the eight teams we have had in the past, then 12 should have been the max; giving the top 4 teams Week 1 byes. That would have given teams more to shoot for and to fight for in the last week of the regular season. Scoreboard watching would have been even more significant. But at 16, the playoffs let in too many underachieving teams. And what good is that!?!
16 playoff teams is nothing more than a money grab by the OHSAA…..I thinks it is obvious when they will no longer even allow participating schools to sell tickets. Schools used to get $1 of all presale tickets sold at the school. All presale tickets now must be purchased on line and schools no longer can make a single dollar. Shame on the OHSAA

Big Red vs Tallmadge.
For those up that way, how is Tallmadge??
Big Red could possibly enter the game missing 5-6 starters again, which seems to be this seasons norm unfortunately.

You roll with what you got but BR will be missing multiple position players. Could Tallmadge pull the upset??

Big Red vs Tallmadge.
Big Red could possibly enter the game missing 5-6 starters again, which seems to be this seasons norm unfortunately.

You roll with what you got but BR will be missing multiple position players. Could Tallmadge pull the upset??

Tallmadge just played Barberton close, so they definitely have a chance to make this a game/win.

Big Red vs Tallmadge.

Only an upset in terms of seeding. I've seen University School, they are not very good. I think Tallmadge would put the running clock on them. Not sure what happen at Steubenville last night or who played, but 34-20 was not what I expected. Much closer. Of all the lower seeds SVSM (if they play Kenston) and Tallmadge have a good chance of advancing.

Big Red vs Tallmadge.

Aurora beat them 42 to 14 but they played hard and physical. It didn’t have the feel of a 28 point game. They have a good qb and excellent receivers. I think it will be competitive.

I think with this new 16 team format that the schedules are to tough for a 15 game run.

Covid Cancellations real or fake have made scheduling even more difficult.

I don’t know how some of these smaller schools do it.
What’s more important, a home game or a healthy team for the playoffs.
So much of this still depends on scheduling. So all parts of your program have to be functioning at a high level. The community, school, parents, Doctors, Therapists needs to back to the team.

In the end “ the Cream will rise to the top” in these regions.
But it’s more than just talent in Ohio High School Football.
It’s community, Talent, Coaching, Boosters, Parents, School Faculty, Local Business all forming a family for a run for a State Championship.
While OHSSA benefits 100% lol

Only an upset in terms of seeding. I've seen University School, they are not very good. I think Tallmadge would put the running clock on them. Not sure what happen at Steubenville last night or who played, but 34-20 was not what I expected. Much closer. Of all the lower seeds SVSM (if they play Kenston) and Tallmadge have a good chance of advancing.
The score was 34-7 in the 4th quarter when Big Red substituted their freshmen into,the game. University did not Remove their starters.The Big Red freshmen had the unfortunate task of defending bad field position to boot. However, it was not a very clean game by the Big Red. To move on in the playoffs they will need to play much better. Getting some injured players back would help.

34 to 7 when big red subbed out to the freshman and reserve squad and started to decline penalties…2 late touchdowns made it seem closer
But, a passing QB and good receivers is never a good mix for big red, They tend to make below average Qb look good. Too, their credit they did have 5 interception last night. Still had 3 RB in street clothes

34 to 7 when big red subbed out to the freshman and reserve squad and started to decline penalties…2 late touchdowns made it seem closer
But, a passing QB and good receivers is never a good mix for big red, They tend to make below average Qb look good. Too, their credit they did have 5 interception last night. Still had 3 RB in street clothes
I would agree with you Dino. I think our corners have improved immensely, even with some substitution. However, we make the slot receivers look like Jerry Rice. Both Mooney and University made most of their yards from the slot.

Tallmadge QB has thrown for over 2800 yards. He has 4 receivers who were all conference last year. I know US throws the ball all over with 2 different QBs, their stats combined are average. There is a reason they're 1-7. Good luck to both teams.

Big Red vs Tallmadge.

Tallmadge is on an upswing. Quality athletes on both sides of the ball make up for their size.
Offensively passing game is their strong suit , but running game is sneaky and can get going when teams try to slow the pass. Hurst Dixon combo ranks high in state high school stats and both are only Jr’s.
Defense plays as a unit very well. No real true standouts but again athletic best describes them. Junior heavy team that should really shine next year if all goes accordingly ! And to think if only Hoban Knights junior running back Sperling stayed here smh ?‍♂️
Upset here if it is Steubenville
31-24

The Irish have some talent, and they could have beaten Barberton and/ or Harding to win 5 or 6 games. But, in the end, they didn't get it done against those teams and they played very uninspired football the last 3 weeks.

When I saw one of their DT's skipping onto the field when they were down 3 touchdowns last night I had to question their drive.

OHSAA raising pre sale ticket prices to $10.00 and apparently no reduction for students. OHSAA will make less money as people will just not go at least not until later rounds. Prices should be no higher than the normal charge. I predict half empty stadiums.
Greed, I hope you're right and people stick it to them with those prices.

And I forgot to mention electronic tickets only from an OHSAA website and if you don’t purchase by Thursday tickets are $12.00

OHSAA raising pre sale ticket prices to $10.00 and apparently no reduction for students. OHSAA will make less money as people will just not go at least not until later rounds. Prices should be no higher than the normal charge. I predict half empty stadiums.
Complete BS

I would prefer Harvey to be the #13 seed, as they are the worst playoff team in region 9. I think Harvey is by far the worst playoff team in region 9.
Definitely would rather play them than SV-SM or East.

I would prefer Harvey to be the #13 seed, as they are the worst playoff team in region 9. I think Harvey is by far the worst playoff team in region 9.

Agreed. I actually think SVSM and East are tougher opponents than the teams seeded 9-14… Somehow Chardon and Dover got the toughest games.

13 is NDCL. Only 15 and 16 can still change

Somehow Kenston got the easiest match up out of everyone in the top 8, if they would have got SV-SM or East, they would have lost 1st round. Kenston is by far the worst team in the top 8 in my opinion.