Division III Region 9

hsfan60

#3 held his own against Barberton. Watched the game. He did not do bad or make a bunch of mistakes. If #2 has been out most of the season and might not come back then #3 is #2. Also the hit on #1 looked nasty and I doubt he returns this year.
Moving Jack gives them almost a triple option running game, now he only gets jet sweeps and counters, at qb in pistol on spread he can go anywhere!

Carol Danvers

My thoughts on the strength of the teams after 8 weeks. Not based on Harbin ratings.

1-Chardon
2-Aurora
3-Dover +1
4- SVSM -1
5-Canfield
6-Kenston
7-Steubenville
8-Streetsboro
9-Hubbard
10-NDCL
11-New Philadelphia
12-Tallmadge
13-West Geauga
14-Akron East
15-Chaney
16-Ravenna +2
17-Howland
18-Louisville -2
19-Alliance
20-Niles McKinley
21-Buchtel
22-Geneva
23-Marlington
24-Younstown East +1
25-Painsville Harvey -1
26-Coventry
27-Akron Springfield
I enjoy the weekly rankings. These list are never easy, so effort is appreciated.
Just my .02 from having seen some of the top 16.

1-Chardon Could be Dover here. 4 shutouts lead D3. Schedule is challenging. They lost 7 1st and 2nd team all-state guys and here they are again.
2-Aurora Maybe 3 with injury. I agree, put Cardaman at QB. He's quick twitch and and an excellent athlete.
3-Dover +1 Could be 1. Another good schedule. At worst 2.
4- SVSM -1 If they lose out they're looking at 14-18. A split and they get a middle seeding. Like I've mentioned brutal schedule. 4 is a bit high.
5-Canfield This is about right. Statistically would beat Dover 9 out of 10 times...in Bizarro world.
6-Kenston Way too high. Starting a freshman at QB hurts. Even with Nikko at QB, Hubbard, Steubenville, Streetboro and West Geauga would win. Losing Indiana commit hurts. Excellent kicker. They feel like a 9 or 10. Can't be down 42-0 at half against Chardon and expect to be a contender.
7-Steubenville Injuries and schedule are the questions. Never count them out. 7-9
8-Streetsboro Sometimes look like world beaters and then there's the Norton game. 3 year starter at QB plus the Hopperton brothers have lit up the scoreboards. 49 points/game
9-Hubbard Way low. Caffey is special. 5-6.
10-NDCL I said they may lose out when then were 4-2 and hadn't beaten anybody. They gave up 10 yards a carry last year and aren't much better against the run. Caffey would run for 275 against them. 14-18. Tallmadge and West Geauga win against them and should both be higher.
11-New Philadelphia I think this is about right. Haven't seen them
12-Tallmadge Losses against 2 very good teams (Highland and Aurora). 10-11
13-West Geauga Low. Probably 7-10. Excellent defense, but a couple bad games. Another excellent kicker.
14-Akron East Not sure if there any better than when they got shutout by West Geauga last year 26-0. They are big, I don't see any threats.
15-Chaney No Idea here. Not sure if they make playoffs.
16-Ravenna +2 14-15, maybe higher if they win out.

Carol Danvers

Kenston Beating Willoughby South was a very good win. Kicker is good.
Yes. I think if WS qb Quinlan and Tyrone Singleton played vs K qb Nikko and TE Miller it would of been a high scoring affair with edge to WS. So many injuries and you got a 3-0 game. I think Riverside game may be harder for Kenston. What a region though…

Power house

Nope,visions of 2019 still in my head,Phila was a heavy favorite and Dover knocked them from the #1 ranking in the state. Phila is capable, I think too much stock is put in the Phila loss to Steubenville when they lost a young QB early in the game.
Dover has a different coach on the D that’s not going to let anything like that happen. He’s not getting out coached by anyone and will keep Np in check all night if they score more then 10 i would be very shocked. I think it’s the best Dover team in many many years. And the best D in team history

3jays

Dover has a different coach on the D that’s not going to let anything like that happen. He’s not getting out coached by anyone and will keep Np in check all night if they score more then 10 i would be very shocked. I think it’s the best Dover team in many many years. And the best D in team history

3jays

As I mentioned in another thread thread, mama I have seen several teams in this region is this region including Chardon and Dover. You mention that Dover may have the best defense they have ever had. When you are constantly on the bottom of the defense of scale it doesn't take much to move up the ladder somewhat. I think Dover has a very good football team but I would venture to say here that Is Jordan lights up the scoreboard is scoreboard on Dover it's over and several teams in this region. I do not think Dover has been tested with a good offense yet. Again just my opinion and not putting anybody down. It's just calling it like I see it.

3jays

As I mentioned in another thread thread, mama I have seen several teams in this region is this region including Chardon and Dover. You mention that Dover may have the best defense they have ever had. When you are constantly on the bottom of the defense of scale it doesn't take much to move up the ladder somewhat. I think Dover has a very good football team but I would venture to say here that Is Jordan lights up the scoreboard is scoreboard on Dover it's over and several teams in this region. I do not think Dover has been tested with a good offense yet. Again just my opinion and not putting anybody down. It's just calling it like I see it.

NeoFootballFan75

Dover has played 2 of the best teams in R9.. They’ve played some very tough teams

tb81

Nope,visions of 2019 still in my head,Phila was a heavy favorite and Dover knocked them from the #1 ranking in the state. Phila is capable, I think too much stock is put in the Phila loss to Steubenville when they lost a young QB early in the game.

NP has no offense and creativity of that offense is about as vanilla as the Zontini years. NP will be lucky to get across midfield. They better get some special team and defensive scores if they want to compete. If the defense shows up like they did against Chardon than it might not be a running clock. Offensively for NP, their only hope for scoring is playing the faster more physical RB who isn't afraid of contact and will at least run hard through the hole for the play was designed for. The other RB should be moved to wr because he doesn't like contact and dances to much in the backfield.

clarkgriswold

SVSM showing again tonight why I can't buy into them being a threat in the region as they get their @$$e$ handed to them by Hartley.

Mr. Slippery

SVSM showing again tonight why I can't buy into them being a threat in the region as they get their @$$e$ handed to them by Hartley.
Never thought the Irish would be good enough to win the region, but they are the biggest threat to pull a 1st round upset in that region.

Mr. Slippery

Good call. Problem is that they'll be at the bottom of the bracket now if they get in. The odds of beating Walsh next week are slim.
I don't disagree, but none of the higher seeds are going to be shaking in their shoes after week 10 when they get their films for Akron East, New Philly, NDCL, Ravenna, etc.