Division II State Semifinal: Winton Woods (11-3) vs Uniontown Green (11-3)

Who wins?

• Winton Woods by 17+

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • Winton Woods by 8-16

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • Winton Woods by 1-7

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Green by 1-7

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tell us about WW.
What are there strengths and weaknesses on offense and defense?
What kind of team do they match up well against?
What kind of team do they not match up well against?
Who are there key players on offense and defense?
How many yards do they rush for per game and pass per game?
How many passing yards do they give up per game and how many rush yards do they give up per game?

Don't let the cat out of the bag and let our kids know you're the toughest, hardest hitting team in Ohio please, I don't want them pissing down their legs like they were suppose to do against another opponent.
When You make it to the Regional finals, you can’t fake it. Never expected Green to be intimidated but many from Green wanted to know what to expect from WW. Don’t really care for your sarcasm but if that’s the way you feel? Cool.

Last edited:
Tell us about WW.
What are there strengths and weaknesses on offense and defense?
What kind of team do they match up well against?
What kind of team do they not match up well against?
Who are there key players on offense and defense?
How many yards do they rush for per game and pass per game?
How many passing yards do they give up per game and how many rush yards do they give up per game?
Big physical and fast and won't underestimate any opponent. New coaches coaching staff built in April and May. Beginning of the year it was a feeling out process for everyone. After the Anderson lost they figured it out. They must trust in each other. We are led by 26 seniors. On offense it's spikes and spears show. On defense we're led by jayron Gibson 18 sacks or more & OLB 7 blue. The backend has 2 good potential division 1 cornerbacks who are ball hawks. The defensive coordinator is a former professional. The offensive coordinator is a former QB/TE coach w Brian Kelly. So they both know how to gameplan

When You make it to the Regional finals, you can’t fake it. Never expected Green to be an intimidated but many didn’t from Green wanted to know what to expect from WW. Don’t really care for your sarcasm but if that’s the way you feel? Cool.
I don't think they understand the route we took to get here so this team won't underestimate any team lightly. Had to beat a tough #10 seed Turpin #2 seed Kings(league champs) #6 Lasalle(perennial powerhouse) #1 seed Piqua. Do you think we'll look past a team that beat a talented Massillon team.

Green is small but will be physical. Since WW doesn't have a running QB, that will help Green's defense.
Green has a good QB and good WRs.
It will come down to turnovers and mistakes, how much pressure WW can get on Green's QB, and how well Green's QB plays. He will need to play better than he did against Massillon.
I was expecting more from Massillon.
He actually is a good runner.
WW QB averaged 5 yards a carry this season.
He also completed 59% of his passes.
I think he is a winner and is capable of leading the team to the D2 Championship.
Just being honest.

Complete team good offense good defense, running team with multiple backs. Great against the run with good DBS really don’t have a weakness rn other than the quarterback is jus a guy he’s not a playmaker or anything lik that he jus runs the offense
This is why I said it is good for Green's D that WW QB is not a dual threat QB

Sounds like the QB, "weakness" is doing a great job of managing the game. I think thats a good thing. With the backs that WW has,why would he have to be a superstar! He is very efficient as a QB,he was 8 if 9 for 109 passing yards. The only encompletion was the pass Spikes dropped.
Also, this quote makes it seem like they don't go out the way to run the QB.
At all levels of football, a dual threat QB makes it tough on a Defense and D coordinator.
What kind of offense does WW run?

Green's offensive gets a lot of credit because of their QB, Trey Martin, and other receivers but I think their D is underrated.

Garfield Hts was shut out by Green. Green is the only team to shut them out.
North Olmstead only scored 14 on them. In 11 games, North Olmstead only scored under 14 twice.
Jackson only scored 21 on them. In 12 games, Jackson only scored under 21 twice.
Perry was shut out by Green. Green is the only team to shut them out.
Hoover scored 17 and 10 against Green. 10 is the lowest amount of points Hoover scored this year.
Lake scored 14. That is the 2nd lowest Lake scored in 11 games
Marion Harding scored 21. That is the 3rd lowest they scored in 11 games.
Wooster scored 14. That is the 3rd lowest they scored in 13 games.
Massillon score 25. That is their 4th lowest total. They scored 18 against Eds.

Also, this quote makes it seem like they don't go out the way to run the QB.
At all levels of football, a dual threat QB makes it tough on a Defense and D coordinator.
What kind of offense does WW run?
Who told you this. Lol I'm sure Green has watched a ton of game film, I hope. WW is far from being 1 dimensional.

Who told you this. Lol I'm sure Green has watched a ton of game film, I hope. WW is far from being 1 dimensional.
Those quotes were from the first page of the forum. From Wolvey and Kanehawk.
How many times do they throw the ball per game and how many passing yards per game?
Do they run the QB? How often?

Those quotes were from the first page of the forum. From Wolvey and Kanehawk.
How many times do they throw the ball per game and how many passing yards per game?
Do they run the QB? How often?
Don’t sweat it.
Green will do just fine tomorrow and play their hearts out.
WW QB will run when he needs to and is an excellent runner.
Case closed.

Don’t sweat it.
Green will do just fine tomorrow and play their hearts out.
WW QB will run when he needs to and is an excellent runner.
Case closed.
Looks like the quotes I got were accurate and you might be a little bias to WW.
WW QB 89 pass yards a game and 25 rushing yards a game. 59% completion percentage (terrible) and 8 Passing TDs and 7 INTs. He averages 6 completions a game. I understand why they don't throw the ball.
They have stud RBs.
I am worried about there running game.
But Green's D is good. Without a passing game to worry about and no running QB, I am feeling good about the Bulldogs.
You guys will have more athletes and more size.
It will come down to our QB, turnovers, and big plays.

Obsess away with QB running stats all you want. lol.
WW doesn’t care about stats.

When the game ends tomorrow, take a look at the QB running stats.
Then look over at the scoreboard and tell us what really matters.

If your team wins no one will care about QB rushing stats.
If they lose no one will care.
Win the game.
Period.

QB is the most important position. As a former D Coordinator, not having a dynamic QB benefits the defense. You are right. Stats don't matter just the final score. I would rather have dynamic running game than dynamic passing game. If you are more physical than the other team, they can't do anything about it. And you can keep the other offense off the field if they can't stop the run. We will see if Green's defense is physical enough to slow down WW's running game.

QB is the most important position. As a former D Coordinator, not having a dynamic QB benefits the defense. You are right. Stats don't matter just the final score. I would rather have dynamic running game than dynamic passing game. If you are more physical than the other team, they can't do anything about it. And you can keep the other offense off the field if they can't stop the run. We will see if Green's defense is physical enough to slow down WW's running game.
Lol ? ???? be careful what u ask for defensive coordinator. Hope Green plays us 1on1 outside. I really do.

Trey Martin will follow your best WR. He will hold his own. I assume we will have a #2 at FS over top.
Can we slow down the run?
If we do, what will you do?

Also, from the film, how would you compare Anderson's QB to Green's QB and does Anderson have a playmaker like Trey Martin?

GameDay Green Bulldogs with a long road trip against a very good football team,enjoy the moment boys these are memories for a lifetime.Play your game and stand together because you can just do it...GO BULLDOGS!